Community
Wiki Posts
Search

767-400 BE Seating - inny or outty?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Taz
Only when I can't get the whacky tray table to go back where it belongs and I have to climb over it. There's just something about that thing that seems to enjoying messing with me.
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
LOL that table mechanism is a nightmare.
I think the spring-loaded, pop-out tray tables are cool, if somewhat tricky to stow. That said, I flew LHR-ATL on a 764 last week and was surprised to find a different, more traditional table style which stowed horizontally beneath the console lid and flipped outward. I had to move my drink and personal items to the back of the console to open the lid and take out the tray table.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by MS02113
I think the spring-loaded, pop-out tray tables are cool, if somewhat tricky to stow. That said, I flew LHR-ATL on a 764 last week and was surprised to find a different, more traditional table style which stowed horizontally beneath the console lid and flipped outward. I had to move my drink and personal items to the back of the console to open the lid and take out the tray table.
That's the style I had on Sunday. Couldn't figure out what all the grousing about the 764 tray tables was about, and then I remembered that a couple of the aircraft have an updated design. Moving things to stow the table is a bit of a PITA, but ease of use apparently trumps it.

I preferred a window (in) seat even for the daytime flight. FA can drop things on the console table for you for one thing. I'm not a small guy (6', 210lb or so) and I found it fine to get in and out, although you do have to angle properly (generally face the front or rear of the aircraft instead of just walking toward the aisle).
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Getting in and out of the odd numbered seats isn't much of a problem; however, I did find that the beds are a bit shorter than the 77L, or 74S. (76.5" vs. 78/79")

Which seats have longer beds? According to delta.com, it ranges from 76.5" - 81"...

https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...R76T/index.jsp
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by dEagleS
Getting in and out of the odd numbered seats isn't much of a problem; however, I did find that the beds are a bit shorter than the 77L, or 74S. (76.5" vs. 78/79")

Which seats have longer beds? According to delta.com, it ranges from 76.5" - 81"...

https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...R76T/index.jsp
On the 764, I'm not sure there's a difference...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.