Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best FC Seat on A320?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Best FC Seat on A320?

Haven't flown DL in a while. Upcoming first flight on 12F A320-3.5 hrs MSP-FLA. Row 1 (bulkhead) or Row 3 (limited recline?)-Row 2 N/A. I'm a 6+ footer with long legs. Experiences, suggestions... BTW-what's for lunch on DL these days? Thanks!
Old May 12, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I almost always like bulkheads because the person in front can't recline into me. There is also a cutout at the bottom of the bulkhead (I'm sure its there on the CD side, not sure about AB).
Old May 12, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
cutouts are on both sides. I'm 6'3" and as above generally prefer bulkhead on these planes. If the person in front reclines and you're in 2 or 3, the space is limited.

Just my opinion. You'd have to check the Definitive DL Food thread or whatever it's called for the menu for that route/distance. Probably salad option and sandwich option.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Agree that bulkhead is best for the A320 F seating.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I'm 6'2 and I prefer the bulkheads on the A319/320. It's certainly more conducive to laptop use than the other seats in F.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:08 pm

Can someone tell me if overhead bin space is a problem for row 1? Also, does row 3 have limited recline?
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Big Mac
Can someone tell me if overhead bin space is a problem for row 1? Also, does row 3 have limited recline?
Thanks!
Row 1 is fine for OH if you board early... Anytime I am in 1, I am the biggest gate louse out there, and very proud of it!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Usually bins over 1 A/B is taken up with FA's essential stuff (FAA mandated accessible manuals).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Imissthe727
Row 3 (limited recline?)
Originally Posted by Big Mac
There is no bulkhead wall between first class and economy on the A319 or A320, so recline is in no way limited in row three.

Overhead space can be scarce if you board late, but flight attendants are usually willing to accommodate first class passengers' bags in the closet, especially for bulkhead passengers who have no under-seat stowage.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:48 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
. . . . .I am the biggest gate louse out there, and very proud of it!
Wow! You're pretty brave to admit that around here!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I am 6' 4" and try as best as possible to avoid the A319 / 320 equipment. That said, row one is your best option as the recline is generous in FC and if the person if front of you reclines, they might as well be in your lap. I've complained to Delta about this many times. Back when they were still NW equipment, first off, there were 4 rows of FC, but the seats were thinner and had less recline, still comfortable though.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Back when they were still NW equipment, first off, there were 4 rows of FC, but the seats were thinner and had less recline, still comfortable though.
I didn't think that the A319/A320 seats had changed at all in the merger apart from adopting the Delta-standard blue leather. The first class seats are unlike any others in Delta's fleet (seatback-mounted tray tables, wide and thin cushions, etc.).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MS02113
I didn't think that the A319/A320 seats had changed at all in the merger apart from adopting the Delta-standard blue leather. The first class seats are unlike any others in Delta's fleet (seatback-mounted tray tables, wide and thin cushions, etc.).
As I recall there were different seats in different 320 versions. Some were slimline some not. Some had traytables in the seatback, some in the armrests. I know some of the 320s were use interport in Asia when business was bad during the various flu epidemics.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Row 1 is fine for OH if you board early... Anytime I am in 1, I am the biggest gate louse out there, and very proud of it!
Originally Posted by MS02113
There is no bulkhead wall between first class and economy on the A319 or A320, so recline is in no way limited in row three.

Overhead space can be scarce if you board late, but flight attendants are usually willing to accommodate first class passengers' bags in the closet, especially for bulkhead passengers who have no under-seat stowage.
Originally Posted by tentseller
Usually bins over 1 A/B is taken up with FA's essential stuff (FAA mandated accessible manuals).
Oops, forgot that I asked a question in this thread...
Thanks everyone for the replies! Changed my seat from 3A to 1A... Guess I will have to circle the gate area like a hawk...
Old May 2, 2013, 7:31 am

I have a wide open cabin to choose from on A320 LGA-TPA round trip flights. I like the aisle so bulkhead 1B or 1C might work. For full recline I may also choose 3B or 3C. Is bulkhead a roomier feeling pitch? Is the seat pitch noticebly tight at 36" in row 3? How is the comfort of the seats?

Any recent thoughts on the 12 seat FC cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.