Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Are 2 hours enough for HND-LAX connecting to Alaska domestic?

Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond

I have heard bad things about HND flights to LAX....

Next week, I will be arriving on the HND-LAX at 7pm, and connecting to an Alaska flight at LAX at 9pm.

Are 2 hours sufficient to make this connection, given that the passengers are bussed into TBIT?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Unless something unusual happens, this should be plenty of time. But yes, it's quite annoying to have to go through the TBIT. Note: Alaska is flying out of T6 now.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO two hours is not enough because of the bus to TBIT unless you have GE and no checked bags. remember that the bus means that sitting in front of the aircraft does not mean getting through immigration first. Also, I have seen customs Xray every item entering from some Asian destinations, which can mean an additional hour in line.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:15 pm

Should be fine. Haneda usually gets in at least a half hour early anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.