Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kosher meal out of dus please do ask for it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:01 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum

I got the kosher meal out of Dus because somebody posted about how good it was. The meal was almost up to business class standard and i got like 8 types of foods i could eat!. The main course was a very nice schnitzel and everyone was envious of me! please do get the kosher meal out of Dus for a suprising experience in coach. Now i am wondering how good the kosher meal is out of BRU?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flymanbeast
I got the kosher meal out of Dus because somebody posted about how good it was. The meal was almost up to business class standard and i got like 8 types of foods i could eat!. The main course was a very nice schnitzel and everyone was envious of me! please do get the kosher meal out of Dus for a suprising experience in coach. Now i am wondering how good the kosher meal is out of BRU?
Probably part of war reparations
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Kosher meals are HUGE. Food is much better than the the regular meal. However, the Halal meal is the best I've found so far (a tip I got from a Muslim friend). It is very tasty indeed.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:26 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by smachiz
I did think they might be trying to make up for it via the amazing kosher meals lol I got like 3 deserts !!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by smachiz
Quote:

Originally Posted by flymanbeast

Did we really need to go there?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
How about the J meals? Any recommendations for any good ones out there?

I'm not Jewish, vegetarian, gluten-free, or anything else, but I am getting rather tired of the crappy food being served up in J. And starving for 15 hours is not my idea of fun either.

If you order the special, that means you will get it for all the meals for flights with more than one? The reason I ask is because I like the regular breakfast on Europe flights.....but sure would like something decent for dinner.

ATL-DXB they serve a snack before arrival as opposed to breakfast and it is total crap. On the way back you get breakfast....eggs with strange seasoning and uncooked turkey bacon. I love turkey bacon but this is totally un-edible. And the dinner leaving DXB is horrid so I am really hungry by breakfast!

Yeah, I know I am a whiner, after all the tickets are only $8K!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
How about the J meals? Any recommendations for any good ones out there?

I'm not Jewish, vegetarian, gluten-free, or anything else, but I am getting rather tired of the crappy food being served up in J. And starving for 15 hours is not my idea of fun either.

If you order the special, that means you will get it for all the meals for flights with more than one? The reason I ask is because I like the regular breakfast on Europe flights.....but sure would like something decent for dinner.

ATL-DXB they serve a snack before arrival as opposed to breakfast and it is total crap. On the way back you get breakfast....eggs with strange seasoning and uncooked turkey bacon. I love turkey bacon but this is totally un-edible. And the dinner leaving DXB is horrid so I am really hungry by breakfast!

Yeah, I know I am a whiner, after all the tickets are only $8K!
J Kosher meals are not genreally very good...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
One needs to remember special diets during Jewish holiday or you will end up getting a paper bag of Matzo for their Kosher meal like some wiseguys who requested the meal during the high holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.