Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by blug
How to define "take RDM away"? If you earn 1 RDM per dollar and a BE award costs 300K miles, is it considered "taken away"?
RDM's are based on miles flown..That's it..

Even if it were changed, which it isn't, how do you know Delta wouldn't lower award values? You don't.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Deadtail
RDM's are based on miles flown..That's it..

Even if it were changed, which it isn't, how do you know Delta wouldn't lower award values? You don't.
I believe the original rumor (see ~80 pages back) indicated that by Q3 they would no longer display 'miles flown', but rather some new metric based on amount spent.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
DL Knows We're Talking...

This thread and others on the topic made a weekly internal newsletter about "what customers are saying". This newsletter includes other things - such as what people on Twitter are tweeting about DL, etc. This thread - and specific comments - were mentioned. Pointsguru and other sites were also listed.

So, it's obvious that SkyMilesInsider is watching the thread and that mother Delta knows that we know.

This is coming folks ... What's coming, though, is up in the air until DL makes a formal announcement.

Based on SMI's previous interactions here, I would expect something to be posted after a formal announcement/press release. Those that keep pressing for an announcement before formal communication is deployed are dreaming -- but, that is how DL interacts here so no big surprise.

Those are just my observations from the sidelines... Back to my double whiskey...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by LedgeT
This thread and others on the topic made a weekly internal newsletter about "what customers are saying". This newsletter includes other things - such as what people on Twitter are tweeting about DL, etc. This thread - and specific comments - were mentioned. Pointsguru and other sites were also listed.

So, it's obvious that SkyMilesInsider is watching the thread and that mother Delta knows that we know.

This is coming folks ... What's coming, though, is up in the air until DL makes a formal announcement.

Based on SMI's previous interactions here, I would expect something to be posted after a formal announcement/press release. Those that keep pressing for an announcement before formal communication is deployed are dreaming -- but, that is how DL interacts here so no big surprise.

Those are just my observations from the sidelines... Back to my double whiskey...

DL knows, that we know, that they know, that we are talking about them.

We now know, that DL knows, that we know that something is in the works.

Despite this, DL (or at least some folks at DL) know, and we certainly don't know, what is actually coming down the chute.

Until then, what we do know, is that DL might know, but apparently doesn't want us to know, what joys we have to look forward to.

"Let the conversation begin!". Burp.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SamuelS
DL knows, that we know, that they know, that we are talking about them.

We now know, that DL knows, that we know that something is in the works.

Despite this, DL (or at least some folks at DL) know, and we certainly don't know, what is actually coming down the chute.

Until then, what we do know, is that DL might know, but apparently doesn't want us to know, what joys we have to look forward to.

"Let the conversation begin!". Burp.
I'm going to give up and try re-reading this after a few bourbons...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM

Lets wait and see if you get your first prediction correct.4 days left in Q1.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
This is still continuing I see...

I'm curious, but in light of all these rumors and the thought of "something" changing in the very near future that is going to affect a vast number of customers (those that spend $100k+ are most likely <10% of the entire SM client base)...

How many of you have looked into other airline programs and have inquired about status matches? How many have a so-called "backup plan"? I've thought about this the last few days, and I suppose we'll just have to see how DL responds along with how serious it's taking some of the messages on here. If the rumored changes are going to further de-value my hard-earned miles and it becomes more difficult to either earn status...or certain benefits are reduced, then I suppose I don't have much of an option to look at another option. With that said, I guess there is also no guarantee that other airlines will not follow suit.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm going to give up and try re-reading this after a few bourbons...
Woodford, I hope
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Lets wait and see if you get your first prediction correct.4 days left in Q1.
Let's keep in mind the term "targeted" for Q1, 2012... If this board flames me on 01 April for no announcement, I'm gone. As mentioned before, you can search my post history and find that I do nothing but help DL flyers. Posts like yours drive me away from DL FT.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Let's keep in mind the term "targeted" for Q1, 2012... If this board flames me on 01 April for no announcement, I'm gone. As mentioned before, you can search my post history and find that I do nothing but help DL flyers. Posts like yours drive me away from DL FT.
I would hope that "targeted for G1 2012" would mean confirmation by DL FFers in the near future, but perhaps things are behind schedule.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by stylo4444
How many of you have looked into other airline programs and have inquired about status matches? How many have a so-called "backup plan"? I've thought about this the last few days, and I suppose we'll just have to see how DL responds along with how serious it's taking some of the messages on here. If the rumored changes are going to further de-value my hard-earned miles and it becomes more difficult to either earn status...or certain benefits are reduced, then I suppose I don't have much of an option to look at another option. With that said, I guess there is also no guarantee that other airlines will not follow suit.
I've been researching the other carriers for a possible status match. If I can't earn elite miles per miles flown with competitive fares, with my company's frugal ways and own personal finances, my relationship with DL in its current state will sadly most likely come to an end. This might be a boom for UA, US, AS and AA (that is if the latter doesn't become DL). Each program has its advantages and disadvantages to DL. But if there's truth to these rumors they'll all be preferable to DL. If these carriers follow DL's path, should DL go down this path, then my expensive mileage-junkie hobby will come to an end.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I've been researching the other carriers for a possible status match. If I can't earn elite miles per miles flown with competitive fares, with my company's frugal ways and own personal finances, my relationship with DL in its current state will sadly most likely come to an end. This might be a boom for UA, US, AS and AA (that is if the latter doesn't become DL). Each program has its advantages and disadvantages to DL. But if there's truth to these rumors they'll all be preferable to DL. If these carriers follow DL's path, should DL go down this path, then my expensive mileage-junkie hobby will come to an end.
I agree, I've done some light research here and there. I don't think AA will become DL though, but we'll see. AA at the mid-level doesn't seem all that great, at the top-level yes absolutely. Not a fan of the UA hubs, since each hub is a couple hours out from MCO but I'd rather take that route than US. We shall see, hope I don't need to make any change though.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by stylo4444
I agree, I've done some light research here and there. I don't think AA will become DL though, but we'll see. AA at the mid-level doesn't seem all that great, at the top-level yes absolutely. Not a fan of the UA hubs, since each hub is a couple hours out from MCO but I'd rather take that route than US. We shall see, hope I don't need to make any change though.
I did US out of MCO for a while...... I try to avoid...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I can attest to this. LedgeT has helped me and several folks here and clearly knows a lot about what is going on. LedgeT; the info is greatly appreciated...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
This. And let's keep in mind how other things "targeted" for improvement by DL have played out. Some on schedule, others nowhere close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.