Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
The post being referred to (which I can't find) stated that it would be illegal to give advance notice of award price increases. It was given as an explanation of why certain award redemptions changed without notice.
I'm no expert, but I think that's a bunch of BS. They can't go on a public forum like this one and tell us of upcoming changes... but they could do it thru official channels and press releases.... CO used to announce changes in award prices MONTHS in advance.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The post being referred to (which I can't find) stated that it would be illegal to give advance notice of award price increases. It was given as an explanation of why certain award redemptions changed without notice.
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
I'm no expert, but I think that's a bunch of BS. They can't go on a public forum like this one and tell us of upcoming changes... but they could do it thru official channels and press releases.... CO used to announce changes in award prices MONTHS in advance.
sbjnyc: Thank you for validating my increasingly senior memory.

bajrbajr: That was the general consensus in the elusive thread that some of us recall.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
He's not being serious, he's mocking.
I think that was a countermock.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
I also recall that post (mentioned by sbjnyc) in the same manner.

But didn't we also have a quick discussion where the concensus was that the "illegal" aspect was because Delta interpreted laws which prohibit advance notice of fare increases as also applying to award redemption, which is a reasonable interpretation. Continental had the alternate interpretation and apparently the issue has never been legally clarified, AFAIK.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I also recall that post (mentioned by sbjnyc) in the same manner.

But didn't we also have a quick discussion where the concensus was that the "illegal" aspect was because Delta interpreted laws which prohibit advance notice of fare increases as also applying to award redemption, which is a reasonable interpretation. Continental had the alternate interpretation and apparently the issue has never been legally clarified, AFAIK.
Sure, but not all changes are increases in required mileage for redemption. They don't tell us anything in advance.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I think that was a countermock.

Who has time for mocking when we have a "train that's left the station". We have a short time until the New Year, then it's Armageddon.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Who has time for mocking when we have a "train that's left the station". We have a short time until the New Year, then it's Armageddon.
You mean the world hasn't ended yet? I've been huddled in my bomb shelter since 21 December...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deadtail
Just a curiosity point...

What prompts your obsession with "proving" that the SkyMiles program is not going to be changed?

You now seem to have settled into a pattern of periodically bumping old threads, which might otherwise fade from the collective FT memory, just to say (again and again) "It hasn't happened yet" and to make disparaging comments about a few target individuals.

This is hardly in keeping with the requests the MODS made a few months ago about improving the tone in the DL forum.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
You mean the world hasn't ended yet? I've been huddled in my bomb shelter since 21 December...
No, the world did not end.

But, consider this... how many Mayans have you met on the street over the last week?

I suspect zero.

A coincidence?

I think not.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

But, consider this... how many Mayans have you met on the street over the last week?

I suspect zero.

A coincidence?

I think not.

well that just shows that there calender was wrong... the world ended for them a long time ago!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

I suspect zero.

A coincidence?

I think not.

AWESOME!!!!

But do we know for a fact that the world didn't end? Perhaps the world ended, but an advance civilization that has been monitoring us moved us to a parallel world where they made everything appear the same. Except for the Mayans, who I now know were left behind in the old world. If only the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo were Mayan...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
AWESOME!!!!

But do we know for a fact that the world didn't end? Perhaps the world ended, but an advance civilization that has been monitoring us moved us to a parallel world where they made everything appear the same. Except for the Mayans, who I now know were left behind in the old world. If only the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo were Mayan...
perhaps this advanced civilization has blocked the changes to the SM program...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Did you know that the original SkyMiles was designed to be a perfect program? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect SkyMiles program. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect SkyMiles was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why Delta.com and the SkyMiles program were redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.

- Agent Smith
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Did you know that the original SkyMiles was designed to be a perfect program? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect SkyMiles program. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect SkyMiles was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why Delta.com and the SkyMiles program were redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.

- Agent Smith
Oh no, I see it now.

Sky Miles Change Rumour, Reloaded!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- Agent Smith
ROFL. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.