Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

notice the mileage chart for Delta says changes may occur after SEPT 1 for discounted tickets.

1Subject to 500 mile minimum
2Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) are used as a counter to determine SkyMiles Medallion status
3Medallion Mileage Bonus: Diamond - 125%; Platinum/Gold - 100%; Silver - 25%
4Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

Chart applicable only for published fares. Please visit Mileage Credit Rules & Conditions for SkyMiles program rules
Effective for tickets purchased on or after September 1st, Special and unpublished fare tickets may not be eligible for full mileage accrual and may be subject to mileage restrictions.
Chart applicable only to published fares. Please visit Mileage Credit Rules & Conditions for
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by capttone
4Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares
Really?
E is the cheapest...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Really?
E is the cheapest...
Unpublished E fare will earn nothing.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson
Unpublished E fare will earn nothing.
Unpublished Fare Mileage Earn Table
Unpublished Fare Class of Service Miles* MQMs*
First/Business - J, C, D, S, I, F, P, A 150% 100%
Premium Economy - Y, B, M 100% 100%
Economy, H 75% 75%
Discounted Economy - Q, K, L 50% 50%
Deeply Discounted Economy - U, T, E 25% 25%
Earns 25% now.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Something's up in the Ivory Tower...

... otherwise known as Skymiles management

http://prntscr.com/h75uf

Didn't think it deserved its own thread

Maybe I am too cynical, but I can't see how such turnover could bring good news to the passengers is jeff even still around?

One can only guess why or how we have so many postings over a month - but somehow I see this as alignment with corporate drive to maximize shareholder value :/ on the back of customers

Or maybe, good things are indeed coming, and the skymiles program makes strides to actually become best in class (for frequent flyers). hah
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well at the moment with AA being in a shambles and UA not doing too well, DL really should strike while the iron is hot - well I would if I were Richard Anderson
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:50 am
mdb

The question is - "strike who?"
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well at the moment with AA being in a shambles and UA not doing too well, DL really should strike while the iron is hot - well I would if I were Richard Anderson
What exactly are they going to strike? Their loads generally full, and nothing is broken why fix it?

Any changes that impacts profitability is a bad move in their books at the moment.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:29 am
mdb

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
What exactly are they going to strike? Their loads generally full, and nothing is broken why fix it?

Any changes that impacts profitability is a bad move in their books at the moment.
Though, I will say, this huge fare reduction accross the pond for next year has me wondering about the revenue loads this past year in BE.

As someone, somehwere pointed out, they would be better served reducing the M fare on those routes and allowing the use of SWU's - this way they get the same revenue and garnish some good will amongst some of thier better customers.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold, Privium, CBP Global Entry, Delta Reserve AMEX, Delta Reserve Business AMEX
Originally Posted by mdb
Though, I will say, this huge fare reduction accross the pond for next year has me wondering about the revenue loads this past year in BE.

As someone, somehwere pointed out, they would be better served reducing the M fare on those routes and allowing the use of SWU's - this way they get the same revenue and garnish some good will amongst some of thier better customers.
+1

Swu are useless wit such high m fares and z almost not available either.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:51 am
mdb

Originally Posted by Arkbulldog
+1

Swu are useless wit such high m fares and z almost not available either.
Have you seen the S fares TATL for next summer 1500-2300 in many markets?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdb

But M fares are generally bought for flexibility, not just SWU use.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
... otherwise known as Skymiles management

http://prntscr.com/h75uf

Didn't think it deserved its own thread

Maybe I am too cynical, but I can't see how such turnover could bring good news to the passengers is jeff even still around?

One can only guess why or how we have so many postings over a month - but somehow I see this as alignment with corporate drive to maximize shareholder value :/ on the back of customers

Or maybe, good things are indeed coming, and the skymiles program makes strides to actually become best in class (for frequent flyers). hah
I think many people read too much into these things. Delta has thousands of employees (80,000?) so people are bound to be promoted, move to different areas, etc. The company also is doing pretty well it seems so they could be growing the department. Most large corporations have hundreds of jobs posted at any time so it doesn't surprise me to see Delta have a bunch of openings. Half the time they are just posted because they are required to post the position for everybody to apply but they already know who they are promoting or hiring. I imagine this is the case with Delta.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
I think many people read too much into these things. Delta has thousands of employees (80,000?) so people are bound to be promoted, move to different areas, etc. The company also is doing pretty well it seems so they could be growing the department. Most large corporations have hundreds of jobs posted at any time so it doesn't surprise me to see Delta have a bunch of openings. Half the time they are just posted because they are required to post the position for everybody to apply but they already know who they are promoting or hiring. I imagine this is the case with Delta.
fair points

i tend to creep on the dl jobs to see for something interesting - and i've never seen so many skymiles opportunities... just seemed unusual (based on two years of job postings perusal )
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Glad I checked back on this thread- I did not realize there were large reductions in fares across the pond next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.