Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5, 12, 1:43 pm   #2731
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
notice the mileage chart for Delta says changes may occur after SEPT 1 for discounted tickets.


1Subject to 500 mile minimum
2Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) are used as a counter to determine SkyMiles Medallion status
3Medallion Mileage Bonus: Diamond - 125%; Platinum/Gold - 100%; Silver - 25%
4Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares

Chart applicable only for published fares. Please visit Mileage Credit Rules & Conditions for SkyMiles program rules
Effective for tickets purchased on or after September 1st, Special and unpublished fare tickets may not be eligible for full mileage accrual and may be subject to mileage restrictions.
Chart applicable only to published fares. Please visit Mileage Credit Rules & Conditions for
capttone is offline  
Old Sep 5, 12, 5:24 pm   #2732
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP
Posts: 13,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by capttone View Post
4Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares
Really?
E is the cheapest...
__________________
RIP AA. 1934-9 Dec 2013.
AA_EXP09 is offline  
Old Sep 5, 12, 5:29 pm   #2733
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Programs: Delta DM (Ham Sammich), IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Emerald Exec Elite
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 View Post
Really?
E is the cheapest...
Unpublished E fare will earn nothing.
yohanson is offline  
Old Sep 5, 12, 5:32 pm   #2734
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP
Posts: 13,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanson View Post
Unpublished E fare will earn nothing.
Unpublished Fare Mileage Earn Table
Unpublished Fare Class of Service Miles* MQMs*
First/Business - J, C, D, S, I, F, P, A 150% 100%
Premium Economy - Y, B, M 100% 100%
Economy, H 75% 75%
Discounted Economy - Q, K, L 50% 50%
Deeply Discounted Economy - U, T, E 25% 25%
Earns 25% now.
__________________
RIP AA. 1934-9 Dec 2013.
AA_EXP09 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 12, 8:27 pm   #2735
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Enn Why Cee
Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Posts: 1,466
Something's up in the Ivory Tower...

... otherwise known as Skymiles management

http://prntscr.com/h75uf

Didn't think it deserved its own thread

Maybe I am too cynical, but I can't see how such turnover could bring good news to the passengers is jeff even still around?

One can only guess why or how we have so many postings over a month - but somehow I see this as alignment with corporate drive to maximize shareholder value :/ on the back of customers

Or maybe, good things are indeed coming, and the skymiles program makes strides to actually become best in class (for frequent flyers). hah
goodandclassy is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 5:59 am   #2736
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DAY/CVG; MAN;
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 6,768
Well at the moment with AA being in a shambles and UA not doing too well, DL really should strike while the iron is hot - well I would if I were Richard Anderson
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 6:50 am   #2737
mdb
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: DTW DL DM,TK Gold,EK Silver SPG Gold,Hertz Pres Cirlcle GP Mich
Posts: 2,123
The question is - "strike who?"
mdb is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 7:53 am   #2738
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
Well at the moment with AA being in a shambles and UA not doing too well, DL really should strike while the iron is hot - well I would if I were Richard Anderson
What exactly are they going to strike? Their loads generally full, and nothing is broken why fix it?

Any changes that impacts profitability is a bad move in their books at the moment.
DHalltheway is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 9:29 am   #2739
mdb
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: DTW DL DM,TK Gold,EK Silver SPG Gold,Hertz Pres Cirlcle GP Mich
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
What exactly are they going to strike? Their loads generally full, and nothing is broken why fix it?

Any changes that impacts profitability is a bad move in their books at the moment.
Though, I will say, this huge fare reduction accross the pond for next year has me wondering about the revenue loads this past year in BE.

As someone, somehwere pointed out, they would be better served reducing the M fare on those routes and allowing the use of SWU's - this way they get the same revenue and garnish some good will amongst some of thier better customers.
mdb is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 9:35 am   #2740
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TUP, MEM
Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold, Privium, CBP Global Entry, Delta Reserve AMEX, Delta Reserve Business AMEX
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
Though, I will say, this huge fare reduction accross the pond for next year has me wondering about the revenue loads this past year in BE.

As someone, somehwere pointed out, they would be better served reducing the M fare on those routes and allowing the use of SWU's - this way they get the same revenue and garnish some good will amongst some of thier better customers.
+1

Swu are useless wit such high m fares and z almost not available either.
__________________
FLight Memory since 2009:
http://my.flightmemory.com/Arkbulldog
Arkbulldog is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 9:51 am   #2741
mdb
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: DTW DL DM,TK Gold,EK Silver SPG Gold,Hertz Pres Cirlcle GP Mich
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkbulldog View Post
+1

Swu are useless wit such high m fares and z almost not available either.
Have you seen the S fares TATL for next summer 1500-2300 in many markets?
mdb is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 5:30 pm   #2742
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP
Posts: 13,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
Though, I will say, this huge fare reduction accross the pond for next year has me wondering about the revenue loads this past year in BE.

As someone, somehwere pointed out, they would be better served reducing the M fare on those routes and allowing the use of SWU's - this way they get the same revenue and garnish some good will amongst some of thier better customers.
But M fares are generally bought for flexibility, not just SWU use.
__________________
RIP AA. 1934-9 Dec 2013.
AA_EXP09 is offline  
Old Oct 11, 12, 5:44 pm   #2743
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GYE/UIO/MIA/LAX
Programs: DL DM/SkyClub, LANPASS Premium Silver
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodandclassy View Post
... otherwise known as Skymiles management

http://prntscr.com/h75uf

Didn't think it deserved its own thread

Maybe I am too cynical, but I can't see how such turnover could bring good news to the passengers is jeff even still around?

One can only guess why or how we have so many postings over a month - but somehow I see this as alignment with corporate drive to maximize shareholder value :/ on the back of customers

Or maybe, good things are indeed coming, and the skymiles program makes strides to actually become best in class (for frequent flyers). hah
I think many people read too much into these things. Delta has thousands of employees (80,000?) so people are bound to be promoted, move to different areas, etc. The company also is doing pretty well it seems so they could be growing the department. Most large corporations have hundreds of jobs posted at any time so it doesn't surprise me to see Delta have a bunch of openings. Half the time they are just posted because they are required to post the position for everybody to apply but they already know who they are promoting or hiring. I imagine this is the case with Delta.
GYEWorldTraveler is offline  
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:22 am   #2744
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Enn Why Cee
Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler View Post
I think many people read too much into these things. Delta has thousands of employees (80,000?) so people are bound to be promoted, move to different areas, etc. The company also is doing pretty well it seems so they could be growing the department. Most large corporations have hundreds of jobs posted at any time so it doesn't surprise me to see Delta have a bunch of openings. Half the time they are just posted because they are required to post the position for everybody to apply but they already know who they are promoting or hiring. I imagine this is the case with Delta.
fair points

i tend to creep on the dl jobs to see for something interesting - and i've never seen so many skymiles opportunities... just seemed unusual (based on two years of job postings perusal )
goodandclassy is offline  
Old Oct 12, 12, 2:54 am   #2745
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DAY/CVG; MAN;
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 6,768
Glad I checked back on this thread- I did not realize there were large reductions in fares across the pond next year.
GRALISTAIR is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:37 pm.