Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AFKLM Schedule ChG Madness // check your res

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AFKLM Schedule ChG Madness // check your res

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:59 am
c_d
Original Poster

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Thumbs down AFKLM Schedule ChG Madness // check your res

I have booked a simple 1-stop TXL-AMS-IAH a couple of months ago. That trip has been reissued, changed, adapted, and touched beyond recognition. Being originally scheduled at an easy 12p with a 1.5 hour layover in AMS, it firstly was changed to a 3 hour layover on the outbound. Ok, I was not happy but things happen. I accepted. I also accepted the change to a 4 hr layover. But I did not accept changing the return from a 1.5 hr layover to EIGHT hours!

I am particularly angered about the fact that neither DL, nor AFKLM cares to inform me about the significant changes! The trip is starting 6 hours earlier now, no one told me - when I wouldn't check the trip frequently, no one would have known that. Especially given the fact that foreigners cannot online check-in for an international trip! Adding insult to injury, of course my DL tickets have been reissued into 057 stock, prohibiting me to access the original ticket and rendering DL.com totally unusable.

Of course the JV European office is closed on a weekend (only open from 9a to 5p on any business day), so I called the DM desk. The level of service was outstanding though, there was no discussion but only helpfulness. I appreciate that but the JV needs a significant alignment. That issue should not have happened.

Check your JV trips - you cannot count on being informed about changes.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
When is your trip? It seems generally accepted that DL doesn't make schedule change notifications until closer to departure (a couple of weeks out) since they know that it's likely to change sixteen times in the span of three months.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:14 am
c_d
Original Poster

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by mtkeller
When is your trip? It seems generally accepted that DL doesn't make schedule change notifications until closer to departure (a couple of weeks out) since they know that it's likely to change sixteen times in the span of three months.
In 8 days. I am fully aware of that but I must honestly say I expect a notification when my trip is not only slightly changed to accomodate for a small schedule change but re-issued on another airline and when the metrics are changed that much. It is not the usual 7.46737883949 minutes outbound change, it is SIX hours earlier (meaning getting up a 2am) on one trip directing and plus EIGHT on the return.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by c_d
In 8 days. I am fully aware of that but I must honestly say I expect a notification when my trip is not only slightly changed to accomodate for a small schedule change but re-issued on another airline and when the metrics are changed that much. It is not the usual 7.46737883949 minutes outbound change, it is SIX hours earlier (meaning getting up a 2am) on one trip directing and plus EIGHT on the return.
OK, yes, that's unacceptable (but, sadly, not unsurprising).
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
just call them and get re-routed on another flight. The automated rebooking tools somethimes produces weird options for sure, but a simple call to Delta usually fixes this. I sometimes get notfications, but sometimes I don't. One of the reasons why I check all of my reservations periodically (they other one is changing seat assignments due to 757 swaps).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.