Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

I wasn't gonna, but then he did the unthinkable in my book......

From my flight SFO - SLC,,,,

Dear Mr. 1A,

i know that you believe that you are very important. Your many travels to Asia and Europe sure are impressive, but I am not convinced that you really fly all that much. Well if you do, you are probably a self loving DYKWIA type that thinks that they are above the rules and everyone else on the flight....

At the gate you first planted yourself on that SP carpet like.you owned it. Shortly after, the gate lice swarmed. Funny thing is... The arriving flight had not landed. When it looked like the outbound would be a little late, you swarmed the GA, despite her saying that it would be a quick turnaround.

Upon boarding you came from out of nowhere and quickly in habited your seat(no problem here).... But then despite being told to turn off electrical devices, your pants buzzed wildly during taxi-prior to take off....

Prior to landing you questioned your connection, but the FA was quick to inform you and the whole plane that they had no updates or any power over connections. Why didn't you just check it out on your laptop, which you insisted on using well past the announcement telling you to cease doing so.... You weren't the only one.

Upon landing, you had unbuckled your seat belt and scooched out of your seat well before the infamous ding..... All wss, but i do tend to have a huge issue when the door opens and you ran over the two GA's meeting the flight.... Very rude and unclassy.....

Hope you made your connection and that no other innocent GA's were taken out in the process.

Ps, to Mr. 2D,

Please pull up your pants before bending over in the aisle or stretching into the overhead bin. CRACK KILLS....
kath54 likes this.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Oct 1, 2010 at 7:53 pm
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Paging Avidflyer
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Please pull up your pants before bending over in the aisle or stretching into the overhead bin. CRACK KILLS....
Sitting in the SLC SC and just got a few odd looks at my sudden burst of laughter. Thanks!!!
CJatSky likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:40 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
-
But how could you possibly see this pax? Surely, as a mere Diamond Medallion, you were in lowly Business Elite/First, while someone as important as he, was CERTAINLY in Super Duper Uber Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier Class!

About the crack thing . . . I always find it funny to see amongst the mostly suit & tie types up front (not me!), the occasional flannel shirt type road warrior traveling with tools n stuff that fits the image you portray!! Ha!! LUVIT!!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Can a mod please put a space in my title... It is furiating me. Silly iphone...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:58 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
This is why the DL forum is the best out there, even if skymiles is not the best in class..
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Plat
Thank you for the laugh! I needed it!!!^
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Ps, to Mr. 2D,

Boy, that's an ugly image !

David
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
I believe that the more polite term is "trouser cleavage."
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:40 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Can a mod please put a space in my title...
Done.

Now you can brag to others that a moderator spaced out in your crack thread...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I am determined to use the Crack kills line at some point toda. Thanks for the early morning laugh.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Done.

Now you can brag to others that a moderator spaced out in your crack thread...
LOL... Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sabai
I say butt cleavage; I hope FT allows this word.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:13 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I say butt cleavage; I hope FT allows this word.
A very quick search of the Delta forum alone returns 495 posts with the word "butt". Of course, we frequently use the term - BIS / butt in seat! But there are many other amusing uses, if you take a look!

I also frequently wonder where the line in the sand is for word usage.

Edited to add, for anyone who's interested . . . A general FT search for "butt cleavage" has turned up a few threads!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...ml#post7513824
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ms-update.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ml#post4129009
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ey-lounge.html

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 2, 2010 at 6:21 pm
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sabai
Regardless of what we call it, it was a crescent moon in the middle of the afternoon....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.