Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC AS does give lounge access on paid FC domestic itineraries but not for FC award tickets.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
You do get lounge access on Alaska first, at least I did in 2015.

What drives me nuts the most about that story is the lack of research they did and inattention to listening to who all can board in PREM. If I'm spending money on two F tickets, I am going to know what benefits are, and are not, included.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by bergamini
What drives me nuts the most about that story is the lack of research they did and inattention to listening to who all can board in PREM. If I'm spending money on two F tickets, I am going to know what benefits are, and are not, included.
It drives you nuts that they aren't aware of DM benefits?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by pvn
It drives you nuts that they aren't aware of DM benefits?
No, s/he stated "benefits of buying F tickets". EG you don't get into sky clubs on domestic flights.

And they didn't listen to the gate agent who hopefully announced those who have PREM on their boarding pass, which includes first class and DM.....

But, parse as you desire....
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bergamini
We take off and he asks me when I'm going to close my window. I said I liked to look out and relax so I wouldn't be. He then got upset and called the FA over. Said he was a Diamond and never had to deal with an open window on such a long flight. FA was professional and said it was my call. I simply pointed out that I've already closed one fully and the other by 1/3. He then gets huffy, slams the magazine down, finds an even bigger magazine to prop up and then takes the seat back card and bends over the edges and slides it into the IFE to make a second "sun block". I mean, this is ridiculous and he's ruined the security briefing card by folding it. It was almost fully dusk out for most of the flight.
People are massively entitled these days, and if you don't do exactly what they want exactly when they want they think that gives them license to throw a tantrum.

The only time I ever asked the window seat guy to close the window was when the reflected glare from his laptop screen was flashing into my eyes. The difference was that I was polite about it and he was ok with it and that was that. Simples.

Anyway, plane etiquette isn't that difficult:

Window seat controls the window shade, unless FAs tell everyone to open or close them.

Middle seat gets the arm rests.

Seat with the recline button controls the recline.

And whatever you do, keep your shoes (or at least socks) on and your feet off of the bulkhead.

O/H
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard

/snip/

O/H
That's the rule.
Etiquette would say "try to give the passenger behind you a heads-up that you're about to recline the seat, don't slam it back, and put it up during mealtimes. "
cestmoi123, In2ishn and txpenny like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC AS does give lounge access on paid FC domestic itineraries but not for FC award tickets.
Awards too.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
No, s/he stated "benefits of buying F tickets". EG you don't get into sky clubs on domestic flights.

And they didn't listen to the gate agent who hopefully announced those who have PREM on their boarding pass, which includes first class and DM.....

You are correct. I'll quote next time.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:00 pm

My eyes are extremely sensitive to light, even on an overcast day I have to wear my sunglasses. It would NEVER occur to me to ask my seat mates to close their window for my benefit. It is to be expected that people should enjoy the view that air travel provides. If my sunglasses are not enough when flying I count on my trusty eye mask . Shame you had to deal with an adult re-living his terrible twos.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:05 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

Yeah, I see what the poster was saying now. Regardless, getting irritated because someone else bought something without reading all the T&Cs is ... confusing to me.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
To me, it's the attitude. If they had tried to get in to SC and been told the rules didn't allow it on that ticket and they responded with "ok" and left - or even politely asked clarifying questions, fine - I'm not going to notice. But when they go ballistically DYKWIA and yell about what Alaska allows, well, I allow myself to be more judgemental. That's why this entertaining thread exists, right? :-)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
People are massively entitled these days, and if you don't do exactly what they want exactly when they want they think that gives them license to throw a tantrum.

The only time I ever asked the window seat guy to close the window was when the reflected glare from his laptop screen was flashing into my eyes. The difference was that I was polite about it and he was ok with it and that was that. Simples.

Window seat controls the window shade, unless FAs tell everyone to open or close them.

Middle seat gets the arm rests.

And whatever you do, keep your shoes (or at least socks) on and your feet off of the bulkhead.

O/H
Jim Jefferies said it best.
pauly_long, PTravel and Martina70 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Reminds me of when I was flying AA JFK-MIA in angle flat F. I was window and was closing my windows when my seat mate asked me to leave one half way opened cause he gets air sick otherwise. He was nice about it and I didn't mind cause I had eye shades and was exhausted. Knocked right out and he thanked me after we landed.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

And when the gate agent even said it was the first class cabin, rows 1 to 5 and diamonds. I'm not sure how DM's being able to board with F is diminishing the F boarding benefits. I think it's a nice benefit since I try to get Bulkhead C+ seats if I'm not upgraded and insures I won't have an issue finding bin space if I board with PREM
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Awards get access, elite upgrades do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.