Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
That is what the FA was trying to accomplish, before dad told her he was going to sit next to his wife not next to his kid.

Dad threatened to whip where he was sitting.

As for me, if I was the parent the FA would never been in the situation as I would have taken care of it myself. I would follow MY DADs preferred method of correction...The 3B method. (Bust my Butt with a Board) and I think I turned out alright
And it sounds like that dad only threatens and doesn't carry through or the kid wouldn't be behaving like that And dad should have taken his cell phone as well
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And it sounds like that dad only threatens and doesn't carry through or the kid wouldn't be behaving like that And dad should have taken his cell phone as well
Or the kid's a teenager and it doesn't matter how hard you beat them/yell at them...they're still going to be a teenager
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy
These days, though, she could be a participation trophy, I guess.
Or, a NON participation trophy . . . .
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
Now there's a pic of a DYKWIA in the wild!!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Just because the wife was young doesn't mean she was a trophy....

These days, though, she could be a participation trophy, I guess.
Citizenship trophy? :P
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by davetravels
Admit it Dave, you'd take that Non participation trophy any day
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
[Snip]
Kid better be glad I am not his parent!
Congrats on witnessing the "I didn't raise you properly. Why are you acting like an a-hole, son?"-parent
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Former congressman at CVG, spent the last 20 minutes standing in the SP lane, only to discover that he was at the wrong gate when boarding was called.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by WWads
Former congressman at CVG, spent the last 20 minutes standing in the SP lane, only to discover that he was at the wrong gate when boarding was called.
Oh! Oh! John Boehner?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by wwads
former congressman at cvg, spent the last 20 minutes standing in the sp lane, only to discover that he was at the wrong gate when boarding was called.
hdnkwhw
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
No not Boehner, although I have sat near him before.

Not naming names. That would be rude. 😉
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by WWads
How is this a DYKWIA event?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Do You Know Where I Am??
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Do You Know Where I Am??
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
HDNKWHW
He does not know where he was
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH DM
This was last week in ATL waiting to board a weather delayed late night leg to DFW.

Everything was running late due to the storm system that came through last Thursday evening, so planes were waiting for gates and the terminals were packed. Once we got a gate assignment for our flight, sure enough there was a very large, very loud guy planted at the boarding gate whining to everyone about how badly Delta sucked. After the first 15 minutes waiting there (arriving plane was just pulling in to unload), there probably wasn’t anyone within 50 yards who hadn’t had to hear how this guy was a 2MM DM and how tired he was of Delta not knowing how to run an airline. Seeing the flight crew standing there staring daggers at him, he at least had the sense to say that he was talking about flight ops, and not the folks working the flights. He never used the phrase DYKWIA, but he did everything else possible to make sure everyone knew it.

By the time the arriving flight unloaded and we got a new gate agent to start our own boarding, 100+ of us had been standing there listening to this guy whine for over an hour and he was getting zero sympathy from anyone. When the flight crew started through the boarding door, he yelled out that they needed to get down there and get the cocktails ready after making him so late getting home. FAs took it well and didn’t react, but you could tell that whatever he ordered it was going to involve spit somewhere in the mix.

Finally they call Premium to board and he’s first in line to scan his pass. GA tells him 1D and he freaks out that it’s a bulkhead seat saying “no F’ing way he’s flying bulkhead, he paid for 2C 3 weeks ago and dammit that’s where he’s going to sit!” GA looks at his boarding pass again and says “I’m sorry sir, but your ticket isn’t even for this flight. It’s 1D on the first flight out the next morning.” Now he explodes and we finally got to hear the magic words . . . “DYKWIA? I’m a 2MM DM who’s flown 150,000 miles so far this year and that’s just the backup flight they booked in case I couldn’t make this one.” GA politely let him know that this meant he was standby on this flight and was only confirmed on the one the next day, and to please step aside so the rest of us could board. The whole boarding area started laughing at the karma being dealt out.

You know, I watched every single person board that flight from my seat (1C, of course), and he never did get on board. I did see several other people board that I know were standby, so he must’ve either refused a middle economy seat or he finally lost it and got to meet ATL security.

It’s now a week later and I still smile at thought of how this guy got exactly what he deserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.