Million miler means something

Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
In August 2010 I switched to DL from AA and pre merger Continental where I have approximately 600,000 MM miles each and at the time I had 30,000 DL MM miles. Two years later I have 475,000 MM miles in my DL account. So, at this rate, I suspect it will take me five years to reach MM status on Delta. And, yes, I realize the ridiculousness that I have spread the miles over the three main US carriers. Unfortunately, all of it has been job related. Lived in Houston for 7 years -- hence the pre-merger Continental miles. Then went to work for a company that flew me to Asia and AA and its partners were the preferred carrier to Asia. Now doing a lot of Europe flying and DL is the preferred carrier. I figure I will have MM status on all three majors within the next 5 to ten years.
Don't confuse miles with MQM miles. Thinks like hotel, rental car, and credit card miles do NOT count towards Million Miler status these days. Only actual miles, plus and elite/class bonus. Nothing else counts.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:58 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I just crossed 1 MM mark on a flight to Mumbai On the return flight, the purser has come to thank me personally for being a million miler. One said "You must fly more than we do, except you pay and you get miles". While we get paid to fly.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
ps I am writing this in the B8 SC in ATL
I've always called it the B10 SkyClub... and the worst one in the entire system. Ugh, I get so frustrated when I am on B Concourse at all.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I've always called it the B10 SkyClub... and the worst one in the entire system. Ugh, I get so frustrated when I am on B Concourse at all.
I call it the holding cell.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TravelingEagleATL
Don't confuse miles with MQM miles. Thinks like hotel, rental car, and credit card miles do NOT count towards Million Miler status these days. Only actual miles, plus and elite/class bonus. Nothing else counts.
Huh? There were historical differences, but AFAIK MM miles now are just MQMs. Class of service bonus does count but elite bonuses do not count. Also, IIRC the AmEx MQMs do count.

Welcome to FT.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...icheals-story/

Just thought a repost was appropriate. Million miler means something. ^

Just got bumped

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Dec 17, 2013 at 9:45 pm
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-noticed.html
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Originally Posted by Bioidec
Just out of interest, how long has it taken for you MM'ers to reach the status?
It took me about 6.5 yrs
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

it took me 10 yrs but 2 of them in the middle I was not flying
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:58 am

When the MM program first started in about 1989, I had been flying since the inception of the FF program in about 1981, and at that point I was one of eight people with over 3 MM. This was back when all miles counted towards MM, and you basically got a minimum of 2500 miles per flight with the bonus for being Royal Medallion and being in F, even on an upgrade. After the rules changed in the 1990's it took me several years to get the final million.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've noticed that the "welcome aboard" announcement after takeoff often includes recognition of million milers; sometimes the FA won't even mention the precious metals, but rather will say something like--"a special welcome to our million milers and medallion members".

I was going through TSA pre-check in DCA a couple of months ago when the crew for my flight showed up right behind me. I offered to let them go ahead of me, and the female FA who turned out to be the on board leader said something like -- this is a first, an actual courteous passenger. After we got on the other side of the magnetometer, I think she saw my 2MM bag tag and she approached me again and said "are you sitting up front with me", to which I sadly responded "no". She did make the announcement welcoming "two million milers", and she did come by to say hello to me back in 25B (the single seat exit row on the MD-90, I think).
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
I've noticed that the "welcome aboard" announcement after takeoff often includes recognition of million milers; sometimes the FA won't even mention the precious metals, but rather will say something like--"a special welcome to our million milers and medallion members".
I appreciate the welcome announcement acknowledging million milers that they have been making for several, several months now. I also have noticed a few FAs who take the time to walk through the cabin and specifically acknowledge individual MMs. While the benefits are no better, the free thing to do is to at least make people feel a bit more special that have spent that much time in the air with DL!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta DM
They make announcements on the planes? I never hear them.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:22 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by tonypct
Hit one million miles on Delta today with my flight from Amsterdam to JFK. Was so disappointed that I didn't get the usual fire truck greeting with the different colored water shooting over my plane when we landed at JFK.

DANG! I'm going to hit MM soon and was looking forward to all the pomp! What does one get with MM besides lifetime Silver?? Anything tangilbe?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
What does one get with MM besides lifetime Silver?? Anything tangilbe?
You get a pass from clipping the toenails of the Kryptonite members on the plane. But you're on clipping pickup duty instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.