Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:47 pm

Here's a hint. When you don't get the three beeps it's not good form to act like a 2 year old denied thier favorite toy and scream at the checker... GROW UP! LOL!

(I saw a man at LAX Friday just have a melt down because he wasn't selected for precheck. It would have been funny if I hadn't been afraid he was going haul off and start hitting folks and I was right behind him!)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Was denied at MCO this morning. Went over to the CLEAR Line. The attendant said they have been seeing a lot of denials lately.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Got the dreaded single beep this morning at LAX. I am at about 90%...
Originally Posted by smithsonga
I am about 80% of out ATL.

I flew an award flight to DTW. I got the triple beep on the outgoing in ATL but single beep returning in DTW.

BTW, I flew back from PDX last week and they have precheck but it is in the A-B-C gate security line only. And the D-E line doesnt have a sign until you are all the way to the front. Stupid. (edit: I do see on the TSA site you can see what airports and where in that airport has the precheck. I will use that next time) http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreening.shtm
Goes to show that this isn't a 100% guarantee.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Here's a hint. When you don't get the three beeps it's not good form to act like a 2 year old denied thier favorite toy and scream at the checker... GROW UP! LOL!

(I saw a man at LAX Friday just have a melt down because he wasn't selected for precheck. It would have been funny if I hadn't been afraid he was going haul off and start hitting folks and I was right behind him!)
Seriously. Having a melt down is a sure fire way to get yourself a more vigorous patdown if you skip the scanner, or selected for one even if you don't opt out.

Last time through PDX the agent must have been new because he tried to put me through the PreCheck lane because of my GE card even without the triple-beep. His supervisor stopped him. At least I still got to WTMD.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 14940674
[Bolding Mine]

PHX does have PreCheck, but only for US.
if they have precheck and if he received 3 beeps he./she could have used the Precheck at the other security checkpoint
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Does JFK have Pre for DL.

TSA web site doesn't show it and search of this thread doesn't indicate that it does.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Does JFK have Pre for DL.

TSA web site doesn't show it and search of this thread doesn't indicate that it does.
No; the only PreCheck at JFK is in T8.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
GM and TSA Pre Check

I just made GM and was wondering does delta still send out the email to join TSA Pre Check? If they do how long does it usually take them to do so?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
I just made GM and was wondering does delta still send out the email to join TSA Pre Check? If they do how long does it usually take them to do so?
To answer your question...not sure about timing. But, what you might want to try is the next time you're at a PreCheck airport. Just go up to the PreCheck podium and have them scan your BP. I've had some medallions not know if they were eligible or if they had been opted-in and the scan showed them to be in the system and eligible to use PreCheck.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Double check your Profile Info.

Make sure that your information on Delta's website on the profile page is accurate. A box at the bottom of the page should also be checked to allow Delta to store our data and pass it on to TSA for PreCheck.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:31 am

Agree with previous replies. Additionally, I never received an email and am at 100% as a GM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Just go up to the PreCheck podium and have them scan your BP.
This is new to me as well. So the PreCheck has its own podium? Is there a sign?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I know people mention the beeps when they scan. How many beeps means I go to Pre check?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by tony_w
Agree with previous replies. Additionally, I never received an email and am at 100% as a GM.
There is no way to "join" the Pre-Check program. The only thing you can do is if you are a Global Entry customer, you can put your trusted traveler number in your profile.

If you're just a GM/PM/DM, you just have to roll the dice and see if you get the 3 beeps or not - I think it is random.

Being a Global Entry guy, I have had 100% success rate though
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
There is no way to "join" the Pre-Check program. The only thing you can do is if you are a Global Entry customer, you can put your trusted traveler number in your profile.

If you're just a GM/PM/DM, you just have to roll the dice and see if you get the 3 beeps or not - I think it is random.

Being a Global Entry guy, I have had 100% success rate though
Having GE does not guarantee a 100% success rate. Both invited and GE members of Pre-Check may be randomly rejected at times for Pre-Check access. I got GE after being invited in the program, but have never bothered to enter my number. I have 100% success rate on domestic itineraries.

As far as email notification, it seems that DL only sent out notices of the program to invited members who lived in the Atlanta and Detroit areas back when it was initially rolled out in those airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.