Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by gooselee
Checked the string out--interestingly, although I do have the approval checked, I didn't provide a redress number as I don't have one. Guess I will see what happens on my SLC to DEN flight on Wednesday.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LeslieJam
Checked the string out--interestingly, although I do have the approval checked, I didn't provide a redress number as I don't have one. Guess I will see what happens on my SLC to DEN flight on Wednesday.
You only have a redress number if you've been mistakenly put on the no fly list or something similar. Many people do Pre through entering a GE number in the next box. However, if you don't have GE or haven't entered your number for DL to store, do you remember getting an email from DL about Pre?

Chances are that you gave DL your passport info to store and share with TSA. This plus your travel patterns in your FF account made TSA decide randomly to give you Pre for your flight.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Watch out. He'll expect to be repaid, and not in money, for this favor!
I am a gentleman!
Old May 21, 2012, 8:41 am
Suspended

All of a sudden, it started working for me too btw and so far, every time I have been at a Pre equipped airport, it has continued to work. Of course now, I have just jinxed myself...
Old May 21, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Surprised by TSA Pre checkpoint

Last Friday saw the TSA Pre line but since I hadn't followed up on email from Delta, my wife and I just got on the line next to it which is supposed to be "expert" traveller. TSA seemed to be having problems and the Pre line cleared so that person came over to help check people in. After looking at my ticket, he took it over to the Pre line and scanned it. Said I could go through line and only had to remove phone from pocket instead of usual disrobing (same for wife). It was a very pleasant surprise.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
All of a sudden, it started working for me too btw and so far, every time I have been at a Pre equipped airport, it has continued to work. Of course now, I have just jinxed myself...
No kidding! It is a much nicer experience than 'normal' boarding. I beat colleagues who were traveling with me in LAS by about 40 minutes as they had to slog through security without the benefits of TSA Pre. Hoping my luck continues.....
Old May 21, 2012, 10:18 am
Suspended

No kidding! It is a much nicer experience than 'normal' boarding. I beat colleagues who were traveling with me in LAS by about 40 minutes as they had to slog through security without the benefits of TSA Pre. Hoping my luck continues.....
Ya, it is like going back in time almost...
Old May 21, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just wait until the day comes when TSA denies you for your flight. That happened to me on my last trip and the regular SkyPriority line was a mess.

Also, remember no Pre if you're taking an international flight or connecting to an international flight. I'm not sure whether this includes Canada or not.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Dumb question time: are DL golds eligible to participate in Pre-Check? If yes, is simply storing your secure flight info with DL enough to get you into the Pre-Check system?

I ask because my mom is a GM and they just started Pre-Check up at PDX. She wasn't sure if she should try using it or not since it's only at the A/B/C checkpoint there.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Dumb question time: are DL golds eligible to participate in Pre-Check? If yes, is simply storing your secure flight info with DL enough to get you into the Pre-Check system?

I ask because my mom is a GM and they just started Pre-Check up at PDX. She wasn't sure if she should try using it or not since it's only at the A/B/C checkpoint there.
Try reading beyond the first post of this thread. Your questions are answered several times.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:38 am

I'm gold and it happened twice last week. Not certain however that it is entirely based upon status-no harm in walking over and checking with TSA and see how things work out.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
are DL golds eligible to participate in Pre-Check?
No official answer to this one. Many GMs report that they have been able to participate, but this GM was not. If Delta submitted your info to the TSA, they sent you an email telling you about the program and how to opt-in/out.

I was an FO when ATL-based PMs/DMs (not sure about GMs) got that email, and I was not included. When I hit GM, I was still (apparently) not included. Not sure if/when they run sweeps for those who reach status mid-year.

If yes, is simply storing your secure flight info with DL enough to get you into the Pre-Check system?
You just enter your name (no redress/known traveler number required) in your Delta profile and check the box to consent to them storing this info to share with the TSA.

Also, if you already have itineraries booked, this doesn't transfer over to existing trips, so you must manually check this for each itinerary prior to T-72.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by dcline414
No official answer to this one. Many GMs report that they have been able to participate, but this GM was not. If Delta submitted your info to the TSA, they sent you an email telling you about the program and how to opt-in/out.

I was an FO when ATL-based PMs/DMs (not sure about GMs) got that email, and I was not included. When I hit GM, I was still (apparently) not included. Not sure if/when they run sweeps for those who reach status mid-year.

You just enter your name (no redress/known traveler number required) in your Delta profile and check the box to consent to them storing this info to share with the TSA.

Also, if you already have itineraries booked, this doesn't transfer over to existing trips, so you must manually check this for each itinerary prior to T-72.
If a GM wishes to be included in Pre, they should enter/store/share their passport data on delta.dumb, not just their name, as well as GE number if they have one, and then hope to be selected. If you have GE, I would think the chances would be pretty good. Without at least passport data, I don't think so as IIRC Pre requires USA citizenship or green card.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
If a GM wishes to be included in Pre, they should enter/store/share their passport data on delta.dumb, not just their name, as well as GE number if they have one, and then hope to be selected. If you have GE, I would think the chances would be pretty good. Without at least passport data, I don't think so as IIRC Pre requires USA citizenship or green card.
GE or any of the other TSA-participating programs gets you access (consideration for random selection on day of travel) regardless of status if flying on a participating airline at a participating airport.

I forgot that passport number was also a field, so yes, that would need to be included for medallions hoping for non-GE selection.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Also, remember no Pre if you're taking an international flight or connecting to an international flight. I'm not sure whether this includes Canada or not.
Yes, Canada nixes Pre, happened to me last week. I have had the good luck to have it since inception at DTW, and the only times it has not worked are when there are international segments anywhere in the PNR. This applies even if I on a domestic only leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.