The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Subscribe
Quote:
I have a theory that PreCheck is not as random as we think. That based on the details of a person's history, they adjust the "randomness" of PreCheck. For example, a 2MM with a spotless GE background check would get "randomly" selected 1% of the time. While a brand new customer with a few misdemeanor offences, might get selected 95% of the time.
doubtful. I am a nothing on dl and use precheck in ATL When flying DL using my goes ID. I'm 4/5. I'm about the same on AA where I have an extensive history.
Quote: doubtful. I am a nothing on dl and use precheck in ATL When flying DL using my goes ID. I'm 4/5. I'm about the same on AA where I have an extensive history.
You've agreed with my point without realize it. TSA has a copy of your AA records (linked to PASSID) so when you fly DL (again, linked to the same PASSID) your PreCheck success rate "should" be the same. As from a risk perspective, you pose the same level of risk regardless of what airline you fly. (i.e. clean background, combined with frequent travel).
Quote: Feel free not to answer if you think this is too personal of a
I have a theory that PreCheck is not as random as we think. That based on the details of a person's history, they adjust the "randomness" of PreCheck. For example, a 2MM with a spotless GE background check would get "randomly" selected 1% of the time. While a brand new customer with a few misdemeanor offences, might get selected 95% of the time.
You're automatically denied for any misdemeanors within 10 years. You can appeal but no guaruntee they will overturn it.

While I was at my GE interview someone else was denied for driving with an expired emissions sticker on their car. VA classifies it as a class 4 misdemeanor. The DHS agent was telling the guy to appeal but otherwise his hands were tied.
Update
Cleared out of DTW on Friday after emailing Delta twice, the TSA, and CBP. Very odd but I can't complain.
Sorry to disagree there, but, I was in the First Class, Medalion line at LGA when I got to the TSA rep he said Sir, you have been selected.... and i went to the PreCheck line. didn't upack laptop, take off shoes, etc.

I never signed up with the TSA. The only thing I did was give all my info on the delta web site. DM last year, PM this year and just hit Million Miler.

Quote: You cannot be "pre-selected" by Delta without a Known Traveler Number in the profile, as reported to me by Delta "higher ups". No favorites in the government approved program.
Lenny
Pre check
Flew MCO-ATL Thursday. Scanned my boarding pass and told me I was pre selected for TSA line. Went to TSA line (only one in line) and was told I could enter this line anytime I was in Orlando. Never registered for anything online and I am not enrolled in any of the expedited programs. For that matter I was not aware of any pre check program.

Tried to take lap top out, no. Tried to take shoes off, no. Not sure how I got in but I like it!
My recollection is that the program *is* opt-in (and the TSA and Delta say this as well) and that elites who Delta would/could enroll without having trusted traveler numbers got an email about it with an opt-in link a few months ago. Perhaps some of you opted in and then forgot about it?
Quote: My recollection is that the program *is* opt-in (and the TSA and Delta say this as well) and that elites who Delta would/could enroll without having trusted traveler numbers got an email about it with an opt-in link a few months ago. Perhaps some of you opted in and then forgot about it?
Now that you mention this, I know this was correct when they rolled out the program in ATL. My DM father got the email, and I did not as (at the time) an FO. He opted in for free, but I never was selected (nor did I ever receive an email).

When I hit GM, I didn't get anything indicated that I would be eligible at that time either.
Go to the Profile page on Delta's website. See the part about passenger data, and the checkbox at the bottom of that section:

"By checking this box, you consent to Delta storing your Secure Flight Passenger Data consistent with our privacy policy. For Delta SkyMiles members, by checking this box, you also consent to Delta Air Lines, Inc. sharing your information with TSA to be considered for modified screening at select TSA checkpoints."

If you checked that (to avoid having to tell Delta your age, etc. every time you flew), then you opted in to Pre.

Yes, I suspect that Delta changed the meaning of that box after I first checked it to allow them to submit me for Pre. I don't exactly object.
Friday 4 May, SP TSA line at LGA. The 10+ fellow SP flyers ahead of me were 'invited' to try the TSA Precheck line... I presented my BP and full GE credentials and was denied access to the line. TSA agent told me that 8/10 times I would also be invited, however this was not one of those occasions. ???
Quote: The 10+ fellow SP flyers ahead of me were 'invited' to try the TSA Precheck line...
Whoops - sorry. If it was around 5pm I may have been one of those folks in front of you. 4/4 at PreCheck since getting GE.

With how quick Pre is right now, I actually really enjoy seeing fellow pax get selected along with it. Doesn't slow me down much and takes them out of the regular line when I have to go through it with my wife who is sans Pre/GE.
Quote: You're automatically denied for any misdemeanors within 10 years. You can appeal but no guaruntee they will overturn it.

While I was at my GE interview someone else was denied for driving with an expired emissions sticker on their car. VA classifies it as a class 4 misdemeanor. The DHS agent was telling the guy to appeal but otherwise his hands were tied.
I thought if you had any misdemeanors or felonies on your record they automically denyed you for Nexus regardless of how old they are? If they are over 10 years old they overlook them?
I'm 2/2 in SLC as a GM. I did get the email that said to update my info on delta.com to enroll. That was all I did, not involved in any other programs. I gotta say, pre-check is amazing. I wore laced shoes(boots in fact) for the time ever in anticipation of making it through pre-check.

Here is to 17 second security times!!
Getting selected.. not sure how.
GM based in MKE where there's no pre-check, but I have breezed through the fast lanes*:

MSP - going home to MKE, Sunday. Companion on same PNR (no status) not allowed to tag along in the fast-lane.

ATL - going home to MKE, after an unexpected overnight the other day with the thunderstorms.

DCA - going home to MKE a few weeks ago.

* Never got an email, no GE, no nothing.
Quote: Companion on same PNR (no status) not allowed to tag along in the fast-lane.
Assume the fast lanes you're talking about are the Pre lanes. Was your companion allowed to at least use the SP security line based on your GM status and being on the same PNR (while you split off and went ahead through the Pre line)?
9  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  29  69  119