Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by meballard
Checking a bag doesn't seem to make any difference, and I would be very surprised if it did considering you can decide to check a bag after you print your BP.

Random is random, and could result in either way in anytime, of course depending on if there are variables that factor into their random.
We check bags all the time, and that has never been an impediment, so don't have that as a concern.

The thing I would recommend is that 96 hours before each itinerary is set to start, go into your reservation and make sure the information is correct (including your GE number--if you have one) under the "Provide TSA Secure Fight Information" link (just below and to the right of where your seat assignments are shown). I say 96 hours (4 days) because you can't view it within 72 hours--it's already been sent to the TSA. We have found problems where, for some reason, it isn't absolutely correct on a specific reservation. Also, twice Delta's system has dumped my wife's TSA info from her profile, and it happened once to me. We added it back, and check regularly, but also check each reservation (as just stated), right before the info goes to the TSA. Not sure why the system has these hiccups, but that could affect one on any specific trip. And, of course, it could just be the random thing.

Last edited by atl runner; Apr 29, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:43 pm

Just experienced it at MSP for the first time (the weird thing is I haven't put anything into my profile for TSA Pre-Check - but went to the Sky Priority checkin and then headed to the TSA line which turned out to be TSA Pre-check (?)).

1. Already had laptop out - TSA layd says you don't need to take it out (start crying with joy);

2. TSA lady says keep shoes and jacket on (again more tears of joy).
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bowdenj
Just experienced it at MSP for the first time (the weird thing is I haven't put anything into my profile for TSA Pre-Check - but went to the Sky Priority checkin and then headed to the TSA line which turned out to be TSA Pre-check (?)).
It is the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" section of your profile. Are you sure you did not fill this in?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Just went through the TSA precheck at LAX yesterday.. awesome.. No line and was through within 1 minute.. The regular lines looked to be 20+ minute long.

Finally a program that makes sense..
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
It is the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" section of your profile. Are you sure you did not fill this in?
I did fill it out - but didn't include anything in these two boxes:

If you have a TSA-issued Redress Number or Known Traveler Number
Redress Number Known Traveler Number
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry

If you were invited by Delta, you don't need to fill anything into those fields, you just needed to accept the invitation at some point.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tonypct
Nah. I just filled out all the requests for confidential information, submitted my credit card number to pay the $100 fee and then sat back and waited.
This sounds like a GE application... I believe the other CBP programs are cheaper.

I also completed the GE application, as I will (rarely) use the global benefits, but would likely never benefit from the other programs that participate in the pre-check program.

Also, as an ATL-based GM, I was NEVER selected for pre-check. I reached GM after the program was rolled out in ATL, so perhaps that is why. I have yet to hear of any ATL-based GMs being invited to participate though.

I suspect (but can't confirm) that ATL only invites PM/DM to participate, though other airports may include GM as well.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dcline414
This sounds like a GE application... I believe the other CBP programs are cheaper.
NEXUS is cheaper, but the interview has to be done in either the north end of the US or in Canada (combined US/Canada interview). SENTRI is more expensive, and is generally done closer to Mexico.

$100 would be Global Entry.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

Did you check the box saying it's OK to store your info?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Just had it for the first time at DCA -- ID agent said if you want you can go there. It was GREAT!

Not sure how it happened; I signed up with UA but not DL, which I rarely fly anymore. Someone put 2+2 together somehow?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by meballard
NEXUS is cheaper, but the interview has to be done in either the north end of the US or in Canada (combined US/Canada interview). SENTRI is more expensive, and is generally done closer to Mexico.

$100 would be Global Entry.
Thanks for correcting me... I only glanced through the info and quickly realized that GE was the only program that could offer me meaningful benefits beyond TSA pre-check access.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Did you check the box saying it's OK to store your info?
I did store the information (i.e.name / DOB).

Is there any indicator on a boarding pass that TSA checkpoint ID checker verifies before letting you into Pre-Check TSA?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I did store the information (i.e.name / DOB).

Is there any indicator on a boarding pass that TSA checkpoint ID checker verifies before letting you into Pre-Check TSA?
Intentionally, nothing observable. (There might be something indicating Pre membership, but it's still up to the computer whether to let you in Pre this time.)
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Pre-Check

Originally Posted by nabco
Went through security in SLA this afternoon, they had a Delta TSA Pre-Check line....so of course not know what it was I got in that line...no one in front of me. The TSO checked me in but said I technically was not signed up for Delta Pre-Check and that's can do it on the Delta web site.....can anyone tell me what this is.

Thanks
Holy Cow, do I love this. I was out on DL at DCA twice last week and did this. They seem to do it from the premium line only and they scan my boarding pass. I think that told them I was a DL and 3MM and, well, rather old from my looks and hair. Just put the bags on the line for a scan, no laptop or liquids out. No coat off, keep things in your pockets. Woo Hoo. I'm lovin' it.
Old May 1, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I loved TSA precheck, but my last three flights I was "randomly" selected to not use the lane. I not so sure it's random. I emailed TSA to see if something might have happened. It sucks at SLC when you're not selected because the elite line takes longer than the regular line the way TSA has it set up now, and they funnel you in with the masses who are slow getting through the lines. I want my precheck back!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.