Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by mattsteg

She applied for GE before the card existed and has not bothered getting it yet. All she has is a CBP sticker on her passport, and the data entered into dl.com. This seems like the way to go, but I'm quite curious how it works out in practice.
It's worth the $15 and the week's wait.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia.
Had good luck with pre-check last weekend @ LAS!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plt SPG Plt
How does this work for non-sky priority people (or non-DL people, since TSA's website says precheck is rolled out for both DL and AA at MSP)?

I haven't flown too much the last month, so need to get back up to speed. Last I saw there was a precheck sign at the beginning of the sky priority lane, but the checker who was clearing people for precheck was near the front of the line and well past the DL gatekeeper. My wife will be flying without me as a non-status pax but with global entry, so curious what she needs to do.
Interesting data point: just flew ATL - LAX as a non-status flyer. I have Global Entry and my number is in my profile. Upon checking in, my boarding pass stated Sky Priority (this did not happen on my outbound out of LAX). I went over to the Pre-Check line and was selected for the expedited screening, and as an added benefit was able to board with Sky Priority. Not sure if that is standard operating procedure for non-elites that are Pre-Check eligible but it was a pleasant surprise!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by PrezVander
Interesting data point: just flew ATL - LAX as a non-status flyer. I have Global Entry and my number is in my profile. Upon checking in, my boarding pass stated Sky Priority (this did not happen on my outbound out of LAX). I went over to the Pre-Check line and was selected for the expedited screening, and as an added benefit was able to board with Sky Priority. Not sure if that is standard operating procedure for non-elites that are Pre-Check eligible but it was a pleasant surprise!
Thanks...that's what I was hoping for and seems like the "right" way of doing things, within the current framework. Did you have any special seats like economy comfort or exit row?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Plt SPG Plt
Thanks...that's what I was hoping for and seems like the "right" way of doing things, within the current framework. Did you have any special seats like economy comfort or exit row?
Nope....standard economy seat (and no option to upgrade to such a seat at check-in without paying the fee)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by PrezVander
Interesting to know. I do have a DTW/ORD flight (someone else booked it for me not realizing I wanted DL) coming up. I know at DTW, since American is out of another terminal I won't be able to use it there. Hopefully coming back American will do the same thing Delta does. Will be nice having access to the priority security lines at ORD if that does happen.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I got the pre-check 3 beeps on my iPhone. I had to layover in ATL last night from IST and finally on to OKC.

Edited to say I have GE and this fast line got me to the SC were I am waiting out a 3 hour flight delay.

Last edited by Xeno; Apr 18, 2012 at 9:46 am
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: MR: PLAT; NW: PLAT
Angry TSA Precheck/Trusted Traveler not working for me

DM but I have only been in the line once in twelve times (8.3%) at DTW. Yesterday I asked the TSA officer what I was doing wrong, but they indicated that Delta pre-selects anyone for the expedited lane and not the TSA. I have the Global Entry information in my profile, too. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zachsdad1
Any suggestions?
Yes... don't play the lottery!

Other than that, make sure that your GE number is actually in your profile (for me it wasn't saving when I added it on delta.com but finally stuck when I entered it on the mobile site).

Also, any itineraries booked before you put your GE number in (and get it to save) will not automatically have the GE number added. I had to add my GE number to 10-12 itineraries that were already booked when my GE application was approved.

GE shouldn't make any difference, but I think some days all medallions get pre-check in ATL and other days (when the line is nearly empty) it seems that only GE/Nexus pax were getting the "triple beep".

I'm STILL not sure if Delta has submitted my name to the TSA for medallion inclusion (nor am I sure if GMs are included anyway), but the GE number seems to get me a 50% or better success rate, though ATL is the only airport I've been to with pre-check thus far.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Just did TSA Pre-Check at LAS. At the first class line the TSA agent asked which airline. If you were on Delta you went straight to Pre-Check. Everyone else to normal security. Awesome
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Just did TSA Pre-Check at LAS. At the first class line the TSA agent asked which airline. If you were on Delta you went straight to Pre-Check. Everyone else to normal security. Awesome
Got denied for the first time today at LAS a few hours ago. I didn't know that you weren't guaranteed entry until the TSA officer told me today wasn't my lucky day. It's very frustrating to have to deal with the randomness of Precheck after I underwent a pretty thorough examination for the Nexus program. Precheck is broken in its current form if you're not told on your boarding pass if you're cleared. IMO, if you're in the program, you're in the program.

I take back all my glowing love of the TSA after I first used Precheck.

Last edited by zutronics; Apr 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Went through PreCheck at ATL this morning. Went smooth as butter, reminded me of the old days when we didn't have to take off our shoes or take out liquids.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by zutronics
Got denied for the first time today at LAS a few hours ago. I didn't know that you weren't guaranteed entry until the TSA officer told me today wasn't my lucky day. It's very frustrating to have to deal with the randomness of Precheck after I underwent a pretty thorough examination for the Nexus program. Precheck is broken in its current form if you're not told on your boarding pass if you're cleared. IMO, if you're in the program, you're in the program.

I take back all my glowing love of the TSA after I first used Precheck.
It also turns out you have to have a purely domestic itinerary -- my randomness (at ATL) was due to that.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Prez; Former UA GS
So happy with this coming from UA

I'm new to Delta and was so pleased that Delta was doing PreCheck at DTW... Awesome!

Now Delta needs to do something about these long security lines... Sky Priority needs a bit of refinement if you ask me.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Just completed my application for the TSA Pre-check program. Now just waiting to get my interview scheduled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.