Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is DL 611/612 LAX-HNL Delta One?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Is DL 611/612 LAX-HNL Delta One?

I'm flying to HNL on 11/5. the seating is lie-flat seats and the aircraft continues on to Japan.

Do I get Delta One service including the amenity kit or just FC like the other FC flights to HNL?

The connecting flight from LAS now has a 35 minute connect so I might not make the flight if it leaves LAS late...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
No business service. Service is domestic first, including the thin and messy red blankets and the tiny pillows. Only seats are the proper business seats. Only on the HNL-NGO continuation of the flight, and the same on the return, is it the business class service (with the all-dishes-on-one-tray new DeltaOne menu/service).
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
All of my flights (3 in the last 2 weeks) LAS- LAX have been delayed due to the construction there. Might want to check the on time stats for your flight.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
All of my flights (3 in the last 2 weeks) LAS- LAX have been delayed due to the construction there. Might want to check the on time stats for your flight.
That's my fear. The schedule changed to leave 40 minutes later. It is the firstnflight of the day and the incoming comes in the night before but the dreaded ground hold might rear its ugly head.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
No business service. Service is domestic first, including the thin and messy red blankets and the tiny pillows. Only seats are the proper business seats. Only on the HNL-NGO continuation of the flight, and the same on the return, is it the business class service (with the all-dishes-on-one-tray new DeltaOne menu/service).
The fare is listed as business and all of the other others are listed as first. I was hoping for a bonus on the flight.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by puddinhead
The fare is listed as business and all of the other others are listed as first. I was hoping for a bonus on the flight.
that's only because of the international continuation ... service on the domestic segments is domestic F

at least it's the same aircraft type (and maybe even the same plane)
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by jrl767
that's only because of the international continuation ... service on the domestic segments is domestic F

at least it's the same aircraft type (and maybe even the same plane)
It is the same plane usually, yes. A good amount of pax are through pax on the "direct" LAX-NGO flight.

And yes, it only shows as J, but really is just F service. Frankly I don't understand why go through the trouble to remove the nicer blankets and pillows from the flight when it's leaving from HNL to LAX, and then restock it again at LAX. But, that is what Dullta does.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It is the same plane usually, yes. A good amount of pax are through pax on the "direct" LAX-NGO flight.

And yes, it only shows as J, but really is just F service. Frankly I don't understand why go through the trouble to remove the nicer blankets and pillows from the flight when it's leaving from HNL to LAX, and then restock it again at LAX. But, that is what Dullta does.
DL would need to change the pillows and blankets when the passengers change. Surely they cannot give someone a Westin heavenly bed that was already used by a stranger.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Technically since it's international arrival on the inbound from NGO all service items need to be removed because of customs. Also since passengers have to get off anyway plus not everyone continues on it makes sense. (Although I believe they should use the J blankets and pillows the whole way, I understand the HNL/LAX portion is domestic)
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM
(with the all-dishes-on-one-tray new DeltaOne menu/service).
Which should be clarified was a change about 10 months ago ONLY on beach market Asia flights in D1. This is not applicable to system-wide DL 1. US 48 to Asia, to Europe, to Middle East, Africa, and South America, which maintain the standard D1 multi-course service unless the "Dine and Rest" option is chosen.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
The lie-flat seats are definitely a bonus, as far as I'm concerned!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL would need to change the pillows and blankets when the passengers change. Surely they cannot give someone a Westin heavenly bed that was already used by a stranger.
Good point, yes, as those do come shrinkwrapped (usually)... unlike with those scratchy red domestic first blankets, which seem to be piled up and reused.

Still, I just find it cheapens the whole cabin to give out the little red blankets and tiny pillows..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.