Wiki Posts
Search

Best way from ATL to Customs House

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA G, Ex-DL GM, Ex-UA 1P
Best way from ATL to Customs House

I have a Global Entry interview appointment at the Atlanta Customs House at 157 Tradeport Dr on Thursday during my 4 hour layover since all the slots during my layover were already taken at the Airport location. What's the best way to get there from the airport? So far it looks like a $20 cab ride even though it's just 3 miles away. It would be soooo much easier if the F concourse were open. Does anyone have any other options or tips that might be cheaper/easier?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL Spam; SPG Gold; other randoms
They have another enrollment center in Concourse E. Can you change the location of your appointment? If so, you wouldn't have to leave the sterile area of the airport.

Here is the list of enrollment centers: http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uhclem
They have another enrollment center in Concourse E. Can you change the location of your appointment? If so, you wouldn't have to leave the sterile area of the airport.

Here is the list of enrollment centers: http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html
Yeah, that would be the easiest, but all their interview spots are already reserved until after my flight departs. Anybody have any experience calling and squeezing in an extra appointment?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:51 pm

Try walking in...

My experience (at least at JFK) is that the Global Entry people are among the nicest people in the world. So much so, you question whether they truly are Government employees. They also seem to have a good deal of down-time. At least at JFK, it's doesn't seem to be crazy busy.

You may want to just stop in without an appointment (but keeping your other appointment as backup). If you have your approval letter, passport, and other info, and if you ask really nicely, I bet they'll fit you in without having to leave the sterile area.

I've had a few friends and colleagues who have gotten approved quicker than they expected. I advised them to do this at JFK and it worked like a charm. (The GE staff really want to see the program succeed, so they are thrilled to get new registrants).

So give it a shot. You don't intuitively expect government programs to work out easily. But GE is the opposite, in so many ways....
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by flyerwma
My experience (at least at JFK) is that the Global Entry people are among the nicest people in the world. So much so, you question whether they truly are Government employees. They also seem to have a good deal of down-time. At least at JFK, it's doesn't seem to be crazy busy.

You may want to just stop in without an appointment (but keeping your other appointment as backup). If you have your approval letter, passport, and other info, and if you ask really nicely, I bet they'll fit you in without having to leave the sterile area.

I've had a few friends and colleagues who have gotten approved quicker than they expected. I advised them to do this at JFK and it worked like a charm. (The GE staff really want to see the program succeed, so they are thrilled to get new registrants).

So give it a shot. You don't intuitively expect government programs to work out easily. But GE is the opposite, in so many ways....
Agreed in every aspect... Walk in to the E concourse enrollment center when you arrive in ATL and hope for the best...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I showed up 4 hours early for my appointment at ORD because of a last-minute change in my travel plans. Like everyone else, I found them to be most accommodating and was able to get in and out in less than half an hour.

I just wish that the DMV people could be half this pleasant and efficient!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
I did my GE interview in the Concourse E station 2 weeks ago. They were really nice. I was in an out in about 25 mins. I would see if you could move your appointment to that station.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'll try showing up at the Terminal E office bright and early at 8am and see if I have any luck! I'll make sure to let them know that everyone loves them too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.