Wiki Posts
Search

Denver Skyclub?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; AA Gold; HH Diamond
Denver Skyclub?

Now that DL has increased the frequency of flights from NYC to DEN, with their upcoming expansion at LGA.... they HAVE to put a Sky Club in Denver, a city so noticeably lacking of one. Right? Who's with me?

Has anybody heard an inkling that this might happen?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unclear. Other airports are likely to be higher priority for the next SC.

The UA lounges at DEN honor the full Priority Pass and are decent, albeit not in the same concourse as DL.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:15 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Let them put once in PHX first. Then we can talk about DEN...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
STL could be an interesting strategic choice for a new SC right now. Another idea would be PIT, which AFAIK still has the DL nonstop to CDG.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:16 am

Phoenix is in need of one first!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta DM MM
LAS is at the top of my list...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
PHX, LAS and DEN all had lounge access - either under the previous CO PC agreement or with the now shuttered PHX lounged. And for some time now, DL has been very weak in the west with no facility at either of these 3 major airports. LAS and DEN are two of my more frequent cities - and now with the reopening of the UA RCC in MSP - I've seriously thought about buying a RCC membership instead of SkyClub when my membership ends this summer.

One might argue that if cities like MSY or PBI can justify a SkyClub, certainly DEN or LAS could have one...

But I know that many factors come into play beyond just traffic. In the case of PHX, the rent was apparently outrageous. Now that the facility in PHX has sat empty with on incremental revenue for the PHX airport authority, maybe they might consider negotiating something that does work.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Well if DL gets a hold of AA, we could have the AC at DEN!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
We we told at the Delta DO in late 2010 that PHX was number 1 in terms of a Sky Club they would reopen and DEN would be number 2.

Delta had a Sky Club in DEN for many years and I believe it still sits empty.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SamuelS
PHX, LAS and DEN all had lounge access - either under the previous CO PC agreement or with the now shuttered PHX lounged. And for some time now, DL has been very weak in the west with no facility at either of these 3 major airports. LAS and DEN are two of my more frequent cities - and now with the reopening of the UA RCC in MSP - I've seriously thought about buying a RCC membership instead of SkyClub when my membership ends this summer.

One might argue that if cities like MSY or PBI can justify a SkyClub, certainly DEN or LAS could have one...

But I know that many factors come into play beyond just traffic. In the case of PHX, the rent was apparently outrageous. Now that the facility in PHX has sat empty with on incremental revenue for the PHX airport authority, maybe they might consider negotiating something that does work.
AmEx Plat or full Priority Pass?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
We we told at the Delta DO in late 2010 that PHX was number 1 in terms of a Sky Club they would reopen and DEN would be number 2.

Let's get the ball rolling on this one DL!

If SAN can have a SC (even if it is so cute and little), why not DEN?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
STL could be an interesting strategic choice for a new SC right now. Another idea would be PIT, which AFAIK still has the DL nonstop to CDG.
DL has an agreement with US in PIT that pax on the CDG flight (up front rev only I think) get USAC access
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation

It is, along with the recently-vacated Admirals Club.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by n301dp
It is, along with the recently-vacated Admirals Club.
Wow, the nice AA lounge no longer exists at DEN? I had the impression that it was fairly large and that AA had a good setup at DEN. Their gates seem much better than the DL ones, in the low rent concourse next to Southwest.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:19 pm

Location: SLC/AMS -- DL Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by SamuelS
PHX, LAS and DEN all had lounge access - either under the previous CO PC agreement or with the now shuttered PHX lounged.
Looks like both DEN and PHX closed back in 2008: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...lounges08.html

There were a couple of threads on FlyerTalk regarding this as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-club.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...oom-clubs.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.