Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changes to Domestic Baggage Allowance for some Silver Medallions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Domestic Baggage Allowance for some Silver Medallions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I too, noticed that. I spoke to a Reservations agent, who confirmed that the +1 allowance was still in place for Amex Cardholders.

What really bothers me is that Delta still doesn't seem to realize, after multiple complaints, that their program is International and not limited to US Residents and Citizens, so, while many FOs from the US still had a chance to get a second bag free by signing up for the card, those of us outside of the US simply CANNOT, which puts us on a disadvantage. They could have a rule for FOs outside of the US allowing us to 2 bags and enforcing this the same way they will do with the MQD. But it looks like they are just not interested in doing it.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by robert4travels
It was always a single 70-pound bag for domestic itineraries for FOs, but there was a (*) next to the benefit saying in small print that if that FO had a Delta Skymiles gold card or above, that an FO could then check in a 2nd bag of 70 pounds for free.
Not always, it used to be 2 bags at 70 pounds each (the same as Gold), then they moved to the 1 bag at 70 pounds but with the CC option for the 2nd bag at 50 pounds.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by meballard
Not always, it used to be 2 bags at 70 pounds each (the same as Gold), then they moved to the 1 bag at 70 pounds but with the CC option for the 2nd bag at 50 pounds.
You are right in that it used to be 2 bags of 70 pounds, then it was one bag of 70 pounds but if you had the Amex Delta Gold CC or above you could check in a 2nd bag of 70 pounds for free (not 50 pounds). That was confirmed to me last November when a check in agent charged me an overweight fee for a 60 pound bag, and I was refunded that fee later when I complained.

Hopefully it can be confirmed here that domestically we as FOs can still check in 2 bags of 70 pounds if we have an Amex Delta CC.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Sorry, got a bit caught up in the other details of the day here in BOS.

@DeltaAssist confirmed that FOs with a SkyMiles AmEx still get two free checked bags.

Twitter DM exchange (for posterity):

eturowski: @DeltaAssist - did Delta remove the 2nd free checked bag for Silvers with Delta AmEx? Baggage allowance page seems to have changed.
DeltaAssist: For travel within the US and Canada it's now 1 checked bag free of charge. The guidelines can be viewed here http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...p/checked.html *EC
eturowski: Hmmmm... So as a Silver with the Plat SkyMiles Amex, I now only get 1 free checked bag instead of 2?
DeltaAssist: I went digging for more baggage exceptions and it states if you're the primary cardholder then the 2nd bag would be free also. *EC
eturowski: Thanks for clarifying! The page is just a bit confusing.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eturowski

@DeltaAssist confirmed that FOs with a SkyMiles AmEx still get two free checked bags.
Thanks for the confirmation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.