Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: EconoLodge Gold BedBug Elite
Well I wouldn't turn down EC if I got it for free. I think it is hard to justify paying $40 each way for a transcon or $70-160 each way for intercon. The 2 degree increase in recline is hardly noticeable. The legroom might be where EC can be worth it if you are a giant.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...lr-77l-fb.html

In the link above, it states that seat width in EC is 18.5", while in regular Y it is only 17.2". Is this correct? 17.2" seems very narrow in a 9 abreast 777, while AF is 17" on their 10 abreast 777s. Heck, KL and EK are both 17.5" in width on their 10 abreast 777s.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:27 am

Blocked seats

Originally Posted by HongKonger
You didn't shed any light but that's an interesting story. There seems to be no rhyme or reason whatsoever to this.
I have been told that some airlines block seats for the following reason;

If a crew member is at one airport and needs to get to another airport where their plane is set to depart from they keep the seats blocked in case this happens and if there is no crew who needs to transfer airports they will then release the seats if you ask at the gate. I know a pilot who was based in NYC but family home was in Chicago and he would fly to NYC To start work and told me that's why some airlines block some seats and then can only unblock them at gate when they are sure they are not being used.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
I have a flight coming up DTW to ICN.

Options are EC Window or EC Middle in the Bulkhead.

I've done this flight in J (great!!) and in EC Bulkhead Aisle, but those options aren't available to me. I'd appreciate any advice from fellow FT ers.

Maps
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mapsgl
I have a flight coming up DTW to ICN.

Options are EC Window or EC Middle in the Bulkhead.

I've done this flight in J (great!!) and in EC Bulkhead Aisle, but those options aren't available to me. I'd appreciate any advice from fellow FT ers.

Maps
If you want to get up without disturbing others, go with the bulkhead. If you don't mind doing so, take the window.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bsagator
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...lr-77l-fb.html

In the link above, it states that seat width in EC is 18.5", while in regular Y it is only 17.2". Is this correct? 17.2" seems very narrow in a 9 abreast 777, while AF is 17" on their 10 abreast 777s. Heck, KL and EK are both 17.5" in width on their 10 abreast 777s.
Now DL.com lists all Y seats on the T7s as having 18.5" width. How can this be true? I would say they're the same exact dimension as the seats on the 744, which is still listed at 17.2" width.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.