Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic 767 F Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Domestic 767 F Class

Does anyone else find domestic F in 767 to suck? The seats are quite literally about 3in narrower than on other aircraft and the general feel of the cabin in the 2-2-2 config makes it feel very cramped. The width of the seat is only 0.5in wider than in coach and even though there is a little more legroom, it is nearly impossible to notice or enjoy it. Why does DL make such a terrible 767 F hard product?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by DLFlyer16
Does anyone else find domestic F in 767 to suck? The seats are quite literally about 3in narrower than on other aircraft and the general feel of the cabin in the 2-2-2 config makes it feel very cramped. The width of the seat is only 0.5in wider than in coach and even though there is a little more legroom, it is nearly impossible to notice or enjoy it. Why does DL make such a terrible 767 F hard product?
That's been my question ever since the 767 was introduced in the 80's with six across domestic F class. Let me get this straight - on six across aircraft (707/720/727/737/757), two seats are removed to give a nicely roomy F seat. On a seven across craft only one seat is removed and they have the gall to call it F? I've long thought the 767 has the worst domestic F seat ever. If I'm in F I shouldn't have to rub elbows with the person next to me (unless I want to )
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
You're not alone. I find the whole domestic 763 set-up to be rather cramped, especially since they've added the extra row of F. I go out of my way to choose flights operated by the 757 instead. (or, better yet, the 777 on ATL-LAX)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM
Considering that only 14% of those domestic F seats are sold while the rest are given away as upgrades, I wouldn't expect any of that to change anytime soon.

DL has learned that most of its "elites" have their egos satisfied with an F (V) on their boarding pass and not an actual F class product.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Considering that only 14% of those domestic F seats are sold while the rest are given away as upgrades, I wouldn't expect any of that to change anytime soon.

DL has learned that most of its "elites" have their egos satisfied with an F (V) on their boarding pass and not an actual F class product.
I'm guessing DL was selling more than 14% of their F seats on routes the 763 flies, else why would they spend the $$$ to add another six seats?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
With all the criticism that the domestic 763 F cabin gets, it has basically become the new 764ER domestic F, which got similar criticism during the time that layout existed (although DL's 764ER domestic F wasn't any inferior to, say, United's domestic 763ER F, yet UA's 763ER domestic F didn't get anywhere near as much criticism).
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I don't mind it, 767 has TV's and real sat TV.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold

Whereas "real" elites can have their egos satisfied only by an actual F class product? I'm not sure what point you are making.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The domestic 767s look old and tired with generally dirty cabins. The AVOD screens are tiny and look very dated. Overhead bins are tiny also. Bulkhead rows have tight legroom. Overall, a bad experience but BE on the non reconfigured 767-300s is a truly horrid experience.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
winged headrests, on any of the planes, would be a huge help.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
winged headrests, on any of the planes, would be a huge help.
Actually, I belive the new F seats on the domestic 763s have them. I know the new MD-88/MD-90 F seats do.

As for wingeds headrests in Y, not happening, since they are intended by DL to be a feature exclusive to the Y cabins on international aircraft. All international aircraft (including the 744s and 763ERs) should have them when DL completes all of there refurbishments.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Delta 764
Actually, I belive the new F seats on the domestic 763s have them. I know the new MD-88/MD-90 F seats do.

As for wingeds headrests in Y, not happening, since they are intended by DL to be a feature exclusive to the Y cabins on international aircraft. All international aircraft (including the 744s and 763ERs) should have them when DL completes all of there refurbishments.
So E175s must be considered to be an international aircraft and thus have winged headrests in F and Y? I think it is more of a trait to newer interiors but I could be wrong. Most of the DL domestic fleet has pretty old interiors and the newer ones all seem to have the winged headrests.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Totally agree.
The only thing worse would be flying it at lunch time, forgetting to buy something in the terminal and having to endure Michelle's roast beef sandwich.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
So E175s must be considered to be an international aircraft and thus have winged headrests in F and Y? I think it is more of a trait to newer interiors but I could be wrong. Most of the DL domestic fleet has pretty old interiors and the newer ones all seem to have the winged headrests.
Well, the Y seats on the 73Gs, 738s, and domestic 763s are Weber 5751s, except that they don't have winged headrests like the ones on the international aircraft. It wouldn't be that hard to add them, considering the Y seats on the 75Es originally didn't have them but DL added them later. However, DL feels it isn't worthwhile. Don't be surprised if the new B/E Aerospace Pinnacle seats on the 739ERs don't have winged headrests.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold

Mmmm... but remember, the domestic F cabin on 767's has been six across for all U.S. airlines (DL, AA, UA, TW) since the model was introduced in late 1982 (a time when free upgrades other than opups didn't exist, meaning everyone in the cabin paid either with money or miles (well, excepting NRSA's ). The domestic F cabin on 767's always has been awful. Back in my first era of DL travel in the late 80's-early 90's, travelling paid F, I tried always to book away from the 767 for precisely this reason.

By the logic of this post, a five across F cabin on 737/757's would satisfy the elites ("hey, there's an F on the boarding pass, who cares if the seat width is really cruddy?").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.