Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by ramkashyap
After the purchase will work for items, where the price is reduced after the date. I do not expect the SkyMall to match the price with an old ad.
Not true. Any price drop within 30 days will be honored. Even if the competing merchant drops the price later.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:23 pm

Anyone know when this is going live? Was the last one at midnight?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:40 pm

I have reason to believe a product that I am interested in has an "instant rebate" due to be discontinued on 12/3. Most retailers (Skymall excluded) are honoring this rebate and as a result have currently lowered the price. If the skymall offer goes live tomorrow, and if I place the order immediately and price match immediately, what do you think my chances are that they will honor the lower price? My concern is by the time they get around to researching it, the price will have most likely gone back up despite the fact that it was briefly available for a cheaper price at the time I made the purchase. I am just trying to figure out my options before things get crazy.

Last edited by Dvike; Nov 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm Reason: edited for clarification
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:51 pm

Link to SkyMiles Account

This may be a dumb question but how does skymall link to your skymiles account. I registered in preperation of this deal and expected to have to put my skymiles # in the profile somewhere. Or do you jump to skymall from delta's website while logged into your skymiles account. Thanks for your help. Just want to make sure I do things correctly. Got a European trip planned for next summer and could use the miles to top off my account.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by msquire311
This may be a dumb question but how does skymall link to your skymiles account. I registered in preperation of this deal and expected to have to put my skymiles # in the profile somewhere. Or do you jump to skymall from delta's website while logged into your skymiles account. Thanks for your help. Just want to make sure I do things correctly. Got a European trip planned for next summer and could use the miles to top off my account.
You enter your skymiles number during the checkout process.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dvike
I have reason to believe a product that I am interested in has an "instant rebate" due to be discontinued on 12/3. Most retailers (Skymall excluded) are honoring this rebate and as a result have currently lowered the price. If the skymall offer goes live tomorrow, and if I place the order immediately and price match immediately, what do you think my chances are that they will honor the lower price? My concern is by the time they get around to researching it, the price will have most likely gone back up despite the fact that it was briefly available for a cheaper price at the time I made the purchase. I am just trying to figure out my options before things get crazy.
I'm not sure anyone here knows the answer, it would depend on how they do the price match process (i.e. if it takes them a while to get to it and they go to the website directly they might not see the lower price).

I would personally not bet on this working. You could try emailing Aaron and see what he says, but since price matching doesn't apply to promotional prices (including "instant rebates") I would think this won't work.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by drbobguy
I'm not sure anyone here knows the answer, it would depend on how they do the price match process (i.e. if it takes them a while to get to it and they go to the website directly they might not see the lower price).

I would personally not bet on this working. You could try emailing Aaron and see what he says, but since price matching doesn't apply to promotional prices (including "instant rebates") I would think this won't work.
From what I know, the item must be IN STOCK for the match. Does not have to be a brick and mortar store. Can't wait! Will have more info on the blog soon.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy

I think you are probably right. My instincts have been telling me the same thing. I should probably plan on the worst case scenario and if things work out in my favor consider it a bonus. I am not sure I have the time and patience to pursue a refund to the bitter end.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:06 pm

Now that I think about this, I should have done a credit card churn a month or so ago when we first heard there would be a round 2, that way i could have gotten high minimum spend cards (like the AMEX SPG which I still don't have) and meet the minimum spend while earning skymiles at a low rate. Great way to get your spend on.

Oh well, maybe next time.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Thumbs up Response from SkyMall customer service on price match

This is a response on my question regarding the price match on Canon T2i from Amazon from SkyMall:

Dear <My_Name>,

Thank you for contacting SkyMall. If within 30 days of receipt of your
order, you find the identical product advertised for a lower price, send
us the ad and we will promptly refund the difference. You can fax a
copy of the ad to: 1-800-986-6255, attention PRICE MATCH. You can
also e-mail us the URL for the ad at [email protected].
However, in our experience we highly recommend that you print the
ad and fax it in. You can also mail us a copy of the ad:

Attention Price Match,
SkyMall, Inc
P.O. Box 20367
Phoenix, Arizona 85036-0367

If you need further assistance, please contact us 1-800-759-6255.

Thank you,
SkyMall Customer Service

Hope that info helps some of you and know what to ask if you are contacting the SkyMall people.

I emailed them to: [email protected]
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Smile

Originally Posted by ramkashyap
This is a response on my question regarding the price match on Canon T2i from Amazon from SkyMall:

Dear <My_Name>,

Thank you for contacting SkyMall. If within 30 days of receipt of your
order, you find the identical product advertised for a lower price, send
us the ad and we will promptly refund the difference. You can fax a
copy of the ad to: 1-800-986-6255, attention PRICE MATCH. You can
also e-mail us the URL for the ad at [email protected].
However, in our experience we highly recommend that you print the
ad and fax it in. You can also mail us a copy of the ad:

Attention Price Match,
SkyMall, Inc
P.O. Box 20367
Phoenix, Arizona 85036-0367

Thank you,
SkyMall Customer Service

Hope that info helps some of you and know what to ask if you are contacting the SkyMall people.

I emailed them to: [email protected]

Also here is the info at the website:

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/pricepolicy.htm
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:15 pm

Wow... I'm definitely with dwfb11 on this one. I'm a total newb to the whole flyertalk and travel hacking thing, and was hoping there'd be even a little discussion of products that might be good purchases on skymall. I'm not even necessarily talking about things with good resale value, but just things that have broad appeal either for me or to give as a gift and are a decent enough price that they're not a total waste to buy through skymall. I was mostly going to just find things that I can use and that aren't way overpriced, but was honestly having a hard time getting to $500. The comments by people intending to hoard secret stuff to resell on ebay and what-not is a bit off-putting in general and makes me wonder if this is a community I even want to participate in. I'm sure most will think I should make sure the door doesn't hit me on my ..., but hey, my opinion's my opinion.

So anyway....

Anybody else in my situation that's found some things in the $100-200 range that might be worth adding to my order to get me over the top?

And in case anybody is thinking I'm a hypocrite looking for a one-way street, two of the items I was looking at are:

1) PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Pet Fence ($349.99, same as at Petsmart and several other major retailers)... a quick eBay search tells me that this is a BAD option for those just looking to resell.

2) Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation ($79.99)... also not a good option for eBay resell.

ADDED by edit:
Thanks to everyone who has provided information about this promo! I'm enjoying almost all of the posts in the thread and really appreciate whatever tips have been given so far.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:36 pm

Plenty of info to be scrounged off the floor of the old thread.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
can't wait....
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:31 pm

Price match to Amazon will NOT work according to SkyMall Policy

While I have seen some reports here of people putting through succesfull pricematches based on Amazon prices, the policy of Skymall, as told to me by reps over the phone (as recently as last night) and an email rejecting my pricematch request said that ebay and amazon are not valid sources for a pricematch.Here’s the email i got:

Subject: Re: price match order # xxxxxxxxx[InteractionID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Dear xxxxxxx,

SkyMall does not price match with auction website’ s such as, e-bay and amazon. The product you are looking to price match is through the amazon site, it won’t be eligible for a price match I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
[SkyMall]

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.