Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL taking over SEA-CDG in March

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:09 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Loran
This is also likely bad news for low-level business awards. Availability was decent on the AF flights, and I expect it will be nil at the low level with DL metal. While I would much rather fly Delta I also don't want to be fleeced.
Another outstanding point. The AF metal was the realistic TATL option on Skyteam from SEA. Generally a fairly easy Biz award with a reasonable amount of flexibility and patience. Never the case on DL metal
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BearX220
Premium Voyageur is a much better PE product than Economy Comfort, and better than WT+ on BA for that matter. This switch eliminates the best TATL option ex-SEA for those who cannot or will not spend for business class. Major downer.
Premium Voyaguer isn't free for (some) DL elites unless they're using an SWU - unlike Delta's own EC.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
DL will find a 767 full every single day SEA-CDG IMO. Microsoft alone will keep that plane full - just as they do the AMS flight(s).

AF used to alternate between an A330 and A340 on the SEA-CDG flights. I never looked it up but would see the A340 parked at the S terminal at least 2x a week.

Just curious why DL is going to operate it now considering DL/AF share 50% revenue on the flight regardless of who is operating it. I'm guessing DL wants to drive the prices higher and AF doesn't have the smaller equipment to use on the flight so DL can run a 767 and up ticket prices as the lower fare buckets sell out more quickly.

Good luck using those SWU's...

-RM
Share revenue and costs and AF costs are much higher than DL. Also it is likely that AF will be redeploying its Arbii on other routes meaning that the alternative was AF772 or DL763.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Premium Voyaguer isn't free for (some) DL elites unless they're using an SWU - unlike Delta's own EC.
I know, but that doesn't make Economy Comfort a better product. I can get clients to pay for PV because it looks reasonable next to J @ 3X the price -- heading out SEA-CDG in a few weeks in fact on AF309.

You raise the question of whether a free crap product has more merit than a good product that comes at a surcharge. Others will differ but I would say no.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:38 pm

Isn't the question more that they are two different products and the traveling public is either not educated on the subject or people who are selling it are not.

EC is nothing like PV and is not going to be. EC is the same as SeatPlus and Economy Plus. PV is the same as QF or DJ Premium Economy. There are really five different classes these days.

First
Business
Premium Economy
Economy Plus
Economy

Some airlines have all classes and some have only a few. To compare Economy Plus with PV is like comparing a Toyota Yaris with a BMW 5 series.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Well a lot of SEA folks are happy -
I for one am not.... AF was easy to redeem with AS miles.... DL is not and the product from my understanding is quite inferior.

They have loaded the DL flights already but have not removed the AF flight yet from the schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.