Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RaflW
Hi fellow FTers!
I'm working on updated for the new roll out of Comfort + (C+)
Thanks!
rwoman

On March 1, 2015, DL rebranded Economy Comfort as "Comfort+."
Delta - Comfort+
dl.com: LINK
Comfort+ FAQ - LINK
Offering:
  • C+ is a complimentary upgrade (space available) for DM and PM after booking. GM can access for free at T-72 and FO at T-24. (There is no longer a discount for GM/FO.)
  • Sky Priority boarding
  • Extra legroom and, on international a/c, extra recline
  • Free wine, spirits and regional craft beers, plus premium snacks
  • Complimentary premium entertainment from Delta Studio™ (No longer relevant as of July 1st; Entertainment now complimentary in Y)
  • On JFK-LAX/SFO flights, a Luvo® sandwich wrap and frozen Greek yogurt bar, pillow, blanket, and sleep kit are included

A few general notes regarding DL C+:
  1. On international a/c, the bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764).
  2. The bulkhead and exit row seats are often narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.
  3. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
  4. Selecting C+ Seats - You cannot select or purchase C+ seats until after booking is completed on revenue or award tickets. The UG has to clear as well.
Internationally Configured Aircraft
Per DL, International/transoceanic C+ offers 35" pitch and 6" recline. (LINK)

747-400 / 744 / 74S:
  • dl.com seat map: 747-400
    Rows 22-26 - 42 total C+ seats.
  • Legroom:
    Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of C+ on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Also, seats 22B and 22J can be used for bassinets.
    Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
  • Related Threads and Posts:
    EC Bulkheads on the 74S
    Economy Comfort on 747-400
    The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
    tentseller's review of the 744 - LINK
    Comments on seat power on the 74S - LINK

777-200LR / 777-200ER / 772
  • dl.com seat maps: 777-200LR / 777-200ER
    Rows 31-34; 36 C+ seats
    NOTE: As DL reduced the number of Business Elite seats on the 777s, rows 29-32 are now the C+ seats.
    The C+/Economy seats on a/c has winged headrests.
  • Legroom:
    Row 29/31 seats are the bulkhead seats and have plenty of leg room. Rows 30-32/32-34 are standard C+ seats with USB and plug power. Row 44 (exit row) has excellent legroom, but no power outlets. The window seat sin this row are narrower because the tray table is in the armrest does not move up. The recline is standard recline.
    IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Recent comments on row 31 and row 29 (Bulkhead C+ seats): Delta 777 Bulkhead Seat
    chimphappyhour's feedback on a 777 flight LAX-SYD-LAX in EC - LINK.
    Thoughts on Row 31 - LINK
    modhop's video of the 777 - LINK
    My thoughts on row 35, the first row of Y after EC - LINK
    My pictures of row 31 - LINK
    777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

A330-300 / A333:
A330-200 / A332:
767-400 / 764 / 76D:
  • dl.com seat map: LINK
    C+ is rows 15-18
  • Legroom:
    On the 764, the bulkhead seats (row 15) have less leg room than the 763's; there's probably about 2' or so between the edge of the seat and the wall. The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests and the tray table/IFE monitor are in the arm rests. In my experience, I felt like the A332/333 and 763's had better recline in EC than the 764.
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Note: The overhead bins above 16 CDE have emergency equipment in them and cannot be used for stowage of luggage.
    Discussion on 17E vs. 18F: LINK
    mgoflyer's negative thoughts on 15G - LINK
    tentseller's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    NecessaryIndulgence's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    My pictures of Row 15: 15E: LINK; Space between Row 15 and the bulkhead - LINK
    My pictures comparing Row 15, "regular" EC, and normal Y seats - LINK
    My pictures of 18F with 17F fully reclined - LINK
    The London FAQ also includes many comments on the 764 - FAQ: Flying to London on DL

767-300ER - 76Z (v1 and v2) / 76L (previously seen as 76W) / 76T
  • dl.com: 76Z v1; 76Z v2; 76L; 76T
    • 76Z v1 - Rows 13-15 AB CDE FG and 16-17 AB FG
    • 76Z v2 - Rows 12-16
    • 76L - Rows 16-21
    • 76T - Rows 17-21
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat. There is also USB power and standard plugs.
  • Legroom:
    The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests. On 763's with row 20 and 21 as EC seats, note these are both exit rows and seats recline in both rows.
    rwoman's pics of seats 13 FG on the 76Z v1 - LINK
    gooslee's comments on the 76L - LINK
    CarmenOM's comments on the 76L - LINK
    Y29M's comments on the 763 row 17 (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's thoughts on the modified 76 (76T) - LINK
    53flyer's comments on the modified763 row 17 and the impact on legroom (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    garyfam's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    Seat 1A's photos of 17E (EC Bulkhead - 76T) and row 22CDE (regular Y bulkhead) (76L / 76T) - LINK
    CosmoHuman's comments on the outside first row (12AB and 12FG) on the 76Z v2 LINK
    TrojanTraveler's comments on the protruding exit doors on 12A and 12G on 76Z v2 LINK
    RaflW's comments on 16AB and other nearby seats with pics for the 76Z v2 LINK

757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S:

Domestic Configured Aircraft
Per DL, domestic Comfort + offers a minimum 34" pitch and normal recline. (LINK)

767-300 / 76P / 76Q
  • dl.com: 767-300 (76Q/P)
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • Legroom: Row 10 has a hard bulkhead in front of it, but the legroom is still decent. This row has an immoveable armrest and the tray table is in the armrest as well.
    gooselee's comments on row 10 - LINK

757-300 / 753:
757-200 / 757 / 75D(H)/ 75X:
Domestic 757's are referenced below. Discussion on the non-PTV 752's - LINK.
737-900ER / 739
  • dl.com: 737-900ER / 739
    C+ is rows 10-13 ABC and 11-13 DEF.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs and power.
  • Legroom:
    The general feedback is 10C and 11D may be the best seats. Overall feedback is not great.
    twnwz's experience on the 739: LINK
    Best seat on 737-900ER?

737-800 / 738 / 73H:
  • 737-800 / 738:
    • dl.com:
    • 737-800 / 738
      C+ is rows 10-15
    • IFE:
      This a/c has overhead video.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
      T.J. Bender's negative feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      cardood's thoughts on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      CBear's comments on using a rear facing car seat - LINK
      lhitchner's feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
  • 737-800 / 73H:
    • dl.com: 737-800 - 73H
      C+ is rows 10-12.
    • IFE:
      This a/c has PTVs.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
    • Related Threads and Comments:
      None

737-700 / 73W:
  • dl.com: 737-700 / 73W
    C+ is rows 10-12.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs.
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has good legroom. It is directly behind the F cabin and there is no fixed bulkhead, allowing pax in row 10 to store items underneath row 3.
    rwoman's pics of the 73W Row 10 - LINK

MD-88 / M88:
  • dl.com: MD-88 / M88
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has very good legroom.
    javabytes' post on row 11 - LINK
    Bicostal's feedback on row 10 - LINK
    rwoman's pics of row 10 - LINK

MD-90 / M90
717:
A321-200:
  • dl.com: A321
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    PTVs and Delta Studio via wifi
  • Legroom:
    RaflW's post on the 321 C+ cabin
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A320-200 / 32R:
  • dl.com: A320/32R
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments

A320-200/32K
  • dl.com: A320 / 32K
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A319-100/319
  • dl.com: A319 / 319
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    akonrandi's comments on A319/A320 seats - LINK.

A319-100/31J
  • dl.com: A319 / 31J
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    This a/c is equipped with AVOD
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    None

Flying to Hawaii in C+:
- From DL's C+ page: 3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom/ Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL/MSP/or JFK to/from HNL).

Related threads and posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-300er.html

C+ and Priority Boarding/Baggage Allowance:
Passengers in C+ get Sky Priority boarding unless their elite status provides a higher boarding zonemu access. There is no additional baggage allowance unless elite status or fare class provide it.

Related threads and posts:
jamersteroh's comments on zone 1: LINK
jamersteroh's comments on baggage: LINK

Status Changes:
There have been a couple of questions regarding C+ when a member's status drops down after January 31. Typically, seats will hold unless there is an equipment change. If there's a change, the passenger(s) will most likely be seated in regular economy. There are reports of some success contacting @delta to get reseated in C+.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-ec-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...op-silver.html

Threads/posts that may be useful for non-C+ information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Delta Preferred seating: LINK

KLM - Economy Comfort

klm.com: LINK
Related FT Threads:
KLM New no Economy Comfort on DL-coded before check-in
DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight
KLM Seating, Including Economy Comfort
Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat. LM Silver
Originally Posted by rwoman
FlyingD,

Row 15's legroom is so-so on the 764, especially in comparison to the 763's.

Pic of 15E on the 764:

Thank you very much for the pic. Is it a little bit better than a regular EC seat? The alternative for this flight is 18B. Thanks again!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by FlyingD
Thank you very much for the pic. Is it a little bit better than a regular EC seat? The alternative for this flight is 18B. Thanks again!
Row 15 has more leg room. Keep in mind the these seats are narrower as the tray table and IFE units are in the armrests. Also, the arm rests do not move.

Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by realjd
SJU is a domestic flight. Even if they're using a BE-equiped int'l aircraft, it will have domestic service. DL doesnt' sell EC on a domestic flight even if the seats are physically there.
does this apply to JFK-MEX as well? a/c equipped with BE (v2 on .dumb) but phone rep said no EC.

thanks
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Best EC seat on a 333? 10B and H seem to be the winners with more leg room.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by robert4travels
I've been on several TATL flights on a 752v1, and in all coach seats (EC or regular) all IFE content is free of charge with the exception of HBO shows and movies.
Data point - on the 764 intl. legs, all content (including HBO) has complementary for me in EC. So I have had to choose between an EC seat and get HBO content or row 30 (regular Y) and go for the legroom. I don't drink alcohol, but at 6'4" tall, I've been mostly opting for row 30.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat. LM Silver
Row 15 has more leg room. Keep in mind the these seats are narrower as the tray table and IFE units are in the armrests. Also, the arm rests do not move.

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I'm flying DL 208 on Dec. 18 from NRT to SFO -- the airplane is a 767.

The seat selection map is being a bit funky. It lets me pick any row in the economy section, as the seat map shows no economy comfort. Yet, sometimes when I toggle through the pages or search for a new ticket on DL's website, it shows Economy Comfort available with me seated in it. I haven't been charged anything to have 21A (which also happens to be an exit row) assigned to me.

So, am I destined to lose this seat assignment at some point unless I pay up?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
EOY 2011 TPAC EC experience.

A330 between HKG and NRT:
10B or 10H in that order. Personally I prefer 10H due to less congestion during boarding. The armrest with built in equipment does not bother me as much as on the 744 (maybe this flight being shorter was a factor).

744:
Personally I prefer the "wider" not bulkhead seats. At this time I have settled on 23H. Probably due to the longer flying times in the 744

I am 6'1", 205lbs, size 36 waist 44 shoulder. Legroom was not an issue without the bullhead row. I find that the narrow seat bother me a little more.

My experience was most of the triple seat section on the 744 many of the middle were unclaimed. Out of 11 segments that I have flown in 2011 the one beside me remained empty. This shared table was a hidden unpublished benefit. I have also notices that there is less crowding of the lavatory area with the EC layout and less passengers at the front of the Y cabin

Personally speaking I have never been asked for payment for my Woodfords by any crew, US or Asian based; even asking for it in the galley.

Seat poaching is enforced inflight. Poachers were request to show BP and sent to the seat that they have paid for.

I have also witness incident where someone who has selected EC seats due to IT glitches but payment was demanded at airport or alternative seats booked which led to confrontation with the contracted check in staff in the Asian outposts.

Total savings in EC vs buying M and playing the lottery/discounted BE for 2011 was about $37,000. My CEO(me) and BOD(family) love this change to the bottomline.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updates!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Few more updates...I think it is caught up now!

Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Thanks for keeping this thread up to date, rwoman! It's a great resource. I wish the mods would make it into a sticky.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
A330-300 ec

Hi Everyone,

I know this is a topic that has been discussed in many threads...decided to create a one-stop-thread. Also, many of us have now had the chance to utilize the Economy Comfort section on EC equipped flights. I figured this could serve as a consolidated thread especially as people come to the forum looking for answers. I've put the a/c I am familiar with below and have pulled info from other threads.

I will happily update information I do not have based on others' input. For now, I'll leave it with the international equipped a/c and the thread can be updated with domestic information once the program is rolled out.

Please let me know if I missed anything!

Thanks!

robin

Delta's site discussing Economy Comfort

DL Announcement on FT regarding EC on domestic flights and forthcoming preferred seating: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...eats-news.html

FT Threads (I've listed the larger ones):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ort-brand.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-comfort.html

KLM EC Related Threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-comfort.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-not-true.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...omfort-dm.html
Recent Experiences from Yaatri: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...m-flights.html

Economy Comfort:

NOTE:

1. The bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764). These are narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.

2. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.

Recent thread on booking EC seats: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ooking-ec.html

747 - International:
Rows 22-26
Legroom: Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of EC on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
IFE: Currently overhead monitors, but DL plans to install AVOD.