Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RaflW
Hi fellow FTers!
I'm working on updated for the new roll out of Comfort + (C+)
Thanks!
rwoman

On March 1, 2015, DL rebranded Economy Comfort as "Comfort+."
Delta - Comfort+
dl.com: LINK
Comfort+ FAQ - LINK
Offering:
  • C+ is a complimentary upgrade (space available) for DM and PM after booking. GM can access for free at T-72 and FO at T-24. (There is no longer a discount for GM/FO.)
  • Sky Priority boarding
  • Extra legroom and, on international a/c, extra recline
  • Free wine, spirits and regional craft beers, plus premium snacks
  • Complimentary premium entertainment from Delta Studio™ (No longer relevant as of July 1st; Entertainment now complimentary in Y)
  • On JFK-LAX/SFO flights, a Luvo® sandwich wrap and frozen Greek yogurt bar, pillow, blanket, and sleep kit are included

A few general notes regarding DL C+:
  1. On international a/c, the bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764).
  2. The bulkhead and exit row seats are often narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.
  3. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
  4. Selecting C+ Seats - You cannot select or purchase C+ seats until after booking is completed on revenue or award tickets. The UG has to clear as well.
Internationally Configured Aircraft
Per DL, International/transoceanic C+ offers 35" pitch and 6" recline. (LINK)

747-400 / 744 / 74S:
  • dl.com seat map: 747-400
    Rows 22-26 - 42 total C+ seats.
  • Legroom:
    Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of C+ on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Also, seats 22B and 22J can be used for bassinets.
    Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
  • Related Threads and Posts:
    EC Bulkheads on the 74S
    Economy Comfort on 747-400
    The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
    tentseller's review of the 744 - LINK
    Comments on seat power on the 74S - LINK

777-200LR / 777-200ER / 772
  • dl.com seat maps: 777-200LR / 777-200ER
    Rows 31-34; 36 C+ seats
    NOTE: As DL reduced the number of Business Elite seats on the 777s, rows 29-32 are now the C+ seats.
    The C+/Economy seats on a/c has winged headrests.
  • Legroom:
    Row 29/31 seats are the bulkhead seats and have plenty of leg room. Rows 30-32/32-34 are standard C+ seats with USB and plug power. Row 44 (exit row) has excellent legroom, but no power outlets. The window seat sin this row are narrower because the tray table is in the armrest does not move up. The recline is standard recline.
    IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Recent comments on row 31 and row 29 (Bulkhead C+ seats): Delta 777 Bulkhead Seat
    chimphappyhour's feedback on a 777 flight LAX-SYD-LAX in EC - LINK.
    Thoughts on Row 31 - LINK
    modhop's video of the 777 - LINK
    My thoughts on row 35, the first row of Y after EC - LINK
    My pictures of row 31 - LINK
    777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

A330-300 / A333:
A330-200 / A332:
767-400 / 764 / 76D:
  • dl.com seat map: LINK
    C+ is rows 15-18
  • Legroom:
    On the 764, the bulkhead seats (row 15) have less leg room than the 763's; there's probably about 2' or so between the edge of the seat and the wall. The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests and the tray table/IFE monitor are in the arm rests. In my experience, I felt like the A332/333 and 763's had better recline in EC than the 764.
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Note: The overhead bins above 16 CDE have emergency equipment in them and cannot be used for stowage of luggage.
    Discussion on 17E vs. 18F: LINK
    mgoflyer's negative thoughts on 15G - LINK
    tentseller's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    NecessaryIndulgence's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    My pictures of Row 15: 15E: LINK; Space between Row 15 and the bulkhead - LINK
    My pictures comparing Row 15, "regular" EC, and normal Y seats - LINK
    My pictures of 18F with 17F fully reclined - LINK
    The London FAQ also includes many comments on the 764 - FAQ: Flying to London on DL

767-300ER - 76Z (v1 and v2) / 76L (previously seen as 76W) / 76T
  • dl.com: 76Z v1; 76Z v2; 76L; 76T
    • 76Z v1 - Rows 13-15 AB CDE FG and 16-17 AB FG
    • 76Z v2 - Rows 12-16
    • 76L - Rows 16-21
    • 76T - Rows 17-21
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat. There is also USB power and standard plugs.
  • Legroom:
    The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests. On 763's with row 20 and 21 as EC seats, note these are both exit rows and seats recline in both rows.
    rwoman's pics of seats 13 FG on the 76Z v1 - LINK
    gooslee's comments on the 76L - LINK
    CarmenOM's comments on the 76L - LINK
    Y29M's comments on the 763 row 17 (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's thoughts on the modified 76 (76T) - LINK
    53flyer's comments on the modified763 row 17 and the impact on legroom (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    garyfam's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    Seat 1A's photos of 17E (EC Bulkhead - 76T) and row 22CDE (regular Y bulkhead) (76L / 76T) - LINK
    CosmoHuman's comments on the outside first row (12AB and 12FG) on the 76Z v2 LINK
    TrojanTraveler's comments on the protruding exit doors on 12A and 12G on 76Z v2 LINK
    RaflW's comments on 16AB and other nearby seats with pics for the 76Z v2 LINK

757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S:

Domestic Configured Aircraft
Per DL, domestic Comfort + offers a minimum 34" pitch and normal recline. (LINK)

767-300 / 76P / 76Q
  • dl.com: 767-300 (76Q/P)
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • Legroom: Row 10 has a hard bulkhead in front of it, but the legroom is still decent. This row has an immoveable armrest and the tray table is in the armrest as well.
    gooselee's comments on row 10 - LINK

757-300 / 753:
757-200 / 757 / 75D(H)/ 75X:
Domestic 757's are referenced below. Discussion on the non-PTV 752's - LINK.
737-900ER / 739
  • dl.com: 737-900ER / 739
    C+ is rows 10-13 ABC and 11-13 DEF.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs and power.
  • Legroom:
    The general feedback is 10C and 11D may be the best seats. Overall feedback is not great.
    twnwz's experience on the 739: LINK
    Best seat on 737-900ER?

737-800 / 738 / 73H:
  • 737-800 / 738:
    • dl.com:
    • 737-800 / 738
      C+ is rows 10-15
    • IFE:
      This a/c has overhead video.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
      T.J. Bender's negative feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      cardood's thoughts on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      CBear's comments on using a rear facing car seat - LINK
      lhitchner's feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
  • 737-800 / 73H:
    • dl.com: 737-800 - 73H
      C+ is rows 10-12.
    • IFE:
      This a/c has PTVs.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
    • Related Threads and Comments:
      None

737-700 / 73W:
  • dl.com: 737-700 / 73W
    C+ is rows 10-12.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs.
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has good legroom. It is directly behind the F cabin and there is no fixed bulkhead, allowing pax in row 10 to store items underneath row 3.
    rwoman's pics of the 73W Row 10 - LINK

MD-88 / M88:
  • dl.com: MD-88 / M88
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has very good legroom.
    javabytes' post on row 11 - LINK
    Bicostal's feedback on row 10 - LINK
    rwoman's pics of row 10 - LINK

MD-90 / M90
717:
A321-200:
  • dl.com: A321
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    PTVs and Delta Studio via wifi
  • Legroom:
    RaflW's post on the 321 C+ cabin
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A320-200 / 32R:
  • dl.com: A320/32R
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments

A320-200/32K
  • dl.com: A320 / 32K
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A319-100/319
  • dl.com: A319 / 319
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    akonrandi's comments on A319/A320 seats - LINK.

A319-100/31J
  • dl.com: A319 / 31J
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    This a/c is equipped with AVOD
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    None

Flying to Hawaii in C+:
- From DL's C+ page: 3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom/ Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL/MSP/or JFK to/from HNL).

Related threads and posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-300er.html

C+ and Priority Boarding/Baggage Allowance:
Passengers in C+ get Sky Priority boarding unless their elite status provides a higher boarding zonemu access. There is no additional baggage allowance unless elite status or fare class provide it.

Related threads and posts:
jamersteroh's comments on zone 1: LINK
jamersteroh's comments on baggage: LINK

Status Changes:
There have been a couple of questions regarding C+ when a member's status drops down after January 31. Typically, seats will hold unless there is an equipment change. If there's a change, the passenger(s) will most likely be seated in regular economy. There are reports of some success contacting @delta to get reseated in C+.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-ec-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...op-silver.html

Threads/posts that may be useful for non-C+ information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Delta Preferred seating: LINK

KLM - Economy Comfort

klm.com: LINK
Related FT Threads:
KLM New no Economy Comfort on DL-coded before check-in
DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight
KLM Seating, Including Economy Comfort
Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
75H "bulkhead"

Flew MSP-SFO on a 75H and had myself and family in row 15, which is the first row of C+. No physical bulkhead, so you can put bags and your feet under the F seats in front of you. Plus you get the large F seatback pockets to use. Monitors fold up and tray tables are in arm rest. Lots of legroom, maybe even as much as in F.

Asked for and received double bourbon during drink service, plus asked for and received another (single) bourbon later in the flight. Got our choices of snacks out of the basket. Overall, really enjoyed the flight and was happy to have paid an extra 2.5K miles (was on an award) for C+.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Flight from EWR to FCO on Nov. 17th. Currently booked in 16FG EC and 13 is avaiable.
767-300 so is row 13 a better seat? I used t be pretty good at figuring this out but what advantage does 13 have over 16.
I'm assuming the monitor is in the arm rest so they wont go up and seats in 13 will be a bit smaller. Also, since this is an exit will it be colder?
Thanks

Last edited by tuono07; Jul 24, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Delta Newbie flying on DL 468 to TLV in a few weeks. Other than the extra legroom, are there any service differences between Coach and C+ on international flights? (Free alcohol, upgraded snacks, etc)
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Delta Newbie flying on DL 468 to TLV in a few weeks. Other than the extra legroom, are there any service differences between Coach and C+ on international flights? (Free alcohol, upgraded snacks, etc)
There aren't really any service differences anymore. Alcohol is free for everyone now. The snacks and meals are the same although you'll probably be served first and have a better chance of getting your first choice meal. You get priority boarding in C+, but I've never had an issue finding space for a carry-on on an international flight since most people check luggage, and I prefer to board late if flying coach (or C+). The C+ seats do theoretically have more recline than regular Y seats in addition to the legroom which isn't the case on domestic birds.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
There aren't really any service differences anymore. Alcohol is free for everyone now. The snacks and meals are the same although you'll probably be served first and have a better chance of getting your first choice meal. You get priority boarding in C+, but I've never had an issue finding space for a carry-on on an international flight since most people check luggage, and I prefer to board late if flying coach (or C+). The C+ seats do theoretically have more recline than regular Y seats in addition to the legroom which isn't the case on domestic birds.
Thanks. Ordered a special meal and I'll have priority boarding from my recently matched DL PM, so I guess it's just the legroom. Only middles available in C+ now for the flight I'm on, so I guess I'll just stay in coach. Haven't done longhaul Y in a while, so a bit nervous.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I find that the extra recline makes a big difference in my ability to sleep on a long-haul flight.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Don't forget the toothbrush!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I find that the extra recline makes a big difference in my ability to sleep on a long-haul flight.
Agreed. The little bit of extra leg room and the extra bit of recline make sleep a more realistic option than regular economy, at least for me. Certainly not anything like a flat-bed, but if I can get 3 or 4 hours of sleep, I consider that a win..that's enough to let me get out and start vacation when I land rather than being dead tired and grouchy..
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by tuono07
Flight from EWR to FCO on Nov. 17th. Currently booked in 16FG EC and 13 is avaiable.
767-300 so is row 13 a better seat? I used t be pretty good at figuring this out but what advantage does 13 have over 16.
I'm assuming the monitor is in the arm rest so they wont go up and seats in 13 will be a bit smaller. Also, since this is an exit will it be colder?
Thanks
Any updates on this? Also, do you lose a hard power port in Row 13?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Hi

I am flying JFK-CLT on Jan 2, wide open seat map of course, besides my favorite 5C/5D!

I am flying with my wife. Would you recommend 5A/5B over 6C/6D?

5B is in the aisle and offset compared to the 1-2 F class... how bad is it? Do I really risk to get bumped into all the time ?

It's a 2:25h flight so I would have expect once the cart is done I would be fine.. ?

It's in the morning, I don't think I will sleep at that time.

Thanks !
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Caesar23
5B is in the aisle and offset compared to the 1-2 F class... how bad is it? Do I really risk to get bumped into all the time ?

It's a 2:25h flight so I would have expect once the cart is done I would be fine.. ?
Two problems: Boarding, and the cart during the start of beverage service. Other than that, should be no problem the rest of the flight.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Flying red eye SEA-JFK on 757-200 classified as 75S which 44 Comfort+ seats. I can 't find any info on the 75S in the Wiki. So i'm looking for help.
Could we add info on 75S to Wiki page?

Looking for window seat to accommodate sleeping. Currently in 19A as 19F is taken. Is the exit door a real nuisance in these seats? how about legroom?
Would I be better off in a regular Comfort+ window seat?

thanks
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by mridley2
Flying red eye SEA-JFK on 757-200 classified as 75S which 44 Comfort+ seats. I can 't find any info on the 75S in the Wiki. So i'm looking for help.

Looking for window seat to accommodate sleeping. Currently in 19A as 19F is taken. Is the exit door a real nuisance in these seats? how about legroom?
Personally, I don't like 19A. The exit door does protrude into your space and I find it can be really cold sitting right next to the exit door. FWIW I would choose another window seat. I think row 35 has the best Y seats on the plane. It's not C+ but 35F would be awesome if you want to sleep.

Last edited by lbcnu; Aug 11, 2017 at 1:28 pm Reason: Left out info
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by mridley2

There is info on the 75S on the Wiki, but since it is a D1 configured aircraft, you may not have seen it in the domestic section. It's labeled as "757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S."

I agree with lbcnu, 19 A and F can get very cold and the exit door tends to mess with your legroom. It's not horrible, but like you said, a "nuisance."

As far as the other C+ seats go, most of the other A and F seats are good. If you're looking for a window view, rows 21 and 22 have very misaligned (missing ever other) windows. I have been good in 20A (still chilly on a TATL winter flight) and 23F, but I've never needed more than a normal C+ seat's legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.