Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 24, 11, 3:26 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DTW & CDG
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 38
Correct format for Global Entry member number on DL.com?

This has been driving me nuts, and with the new TT programs at DTW, I want to make sure my Global Entry enrollment is on my Delta profile, FWIW. The box for "Known Traveler" number isn't really clear on the format to enter... when I look at my GE status on the GOES website, I see a 9-digit number only. Entering these 9 digits produces an error on my profile page when I submit.

Below the box they give an example of AX123456789US.... I tried GExxxxxxxxxUS and it accepted the number, but is that the correct method for entry? If so, how the hell did they expect us to know that?
tanktronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 3:31 pm   #2
TalkBoard Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KBL, but back to Blighty soon...
Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, TK Elite/*G, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AvisFirst
Posts: 8,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanktronic View Post
This has been driving me nuts, and with the new TT programs at DTW, I want to make sure my Global Entry enrollment is on my Delta profile, FWIW. The box for "Known Traveler" number isn't really clear on the format to enter... when I look at my GE status on the GOES website, I see a 9-digit number only. Entering these 9 digits produces an error on my profile page when I submit.

Below the box they give an example of AX123456789US.... I tried GExxxxxxxxxUS and it accepted the number, but is that the correct method for entry? If so, how the hell did they expect us to know that?
My GE/Trusted Traveler # shows up as just numbers in my FF account profiles (both DL and AA)...I have not noticed "GE...US". That said, my first opportunity to use it will be this weekend...

Existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-w-dl-aa.html
__________________
2014 London Marathon - Pics and more! Reached 2,407.85! Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by rwoman; Oct 24, 11 at 3:39 pm..
rwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 5:42 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta & San Francisco
Programs: DL MM DM & My Wife is a DL 2MM DM
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanktronic View Post
This has been driving me nuts, and with the new TT programs at DTW, I want to make sure my Global Entry enrollment is on my Delta profile, FWIW. The box for "Known Traveler" number isn't really clear on the format to enter... when I look at my GE status on the GOES website, I see a 9-digit number only. Entering these 9 digits produces an error on my profile page when I submit.

Below the box they give an example of AX123456789US.... I tried GExxxxxxxxxUS and it accepted the number, but is that the correct method for entry? If so, how the hell did they expect us to know that?
The nine digit number that is your GE number--the one you see as your "membership number" when you are logged in to the GOES system--is the correct number. I had no problem putting mine in that Known Traveler box, nor did my wife. There is no other number, and I actually confirmed that with a GE agent. Further, we have both used the expedited screening at ATL. Not sure why you can't seem to get it entered as just the nine digit number.
__________________
Always Traveling With Y the T

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 24, 11 at 6:30 pm..
atl runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 5:44 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 810
I have been wondering this as well. Is there anyway to get a clear answer on this? Thanks!
__________________
more of a DeltaInsider now..
WScottsdaleInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 7:42 pm   #5
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: Delta Kpyptonium
Posts: 716
atl runner is correct - it is the 9 digit (all numeric) that shows up after you log into your GOES account (it says it's your Trusted Traveler #). We have Nexus & GE and the same 9 digit number is on my Nexus card as "PASS ID". We are DTW based & Mrs. & I flew last week & were invited to the "Special" lane - it was great - shoes on, belt on, coat on, laptop in briefcase, & it took 5 seconds.
rubesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 11, 7:55 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta & San Francisco
Programs: DL MM DM & My Wife is a DL 2MM DM
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
atl runner is correct - it is the 9 digit (all numeric) that shows up after you log into your GOES account (it says it's your Trusted Traveler #). We have Nexus & GE and the same 9 digit number is on my Nexus card as "PASS ID". We are DTW based & Mrs. & I flew last week & were invited to the "Special" lane - it was great - shoes on, belt on, coat on, laptop in briefcase, & it took 5 seconds.
And you are correct as well, rubesi. It's also the same nine digit number on the Nexus card as your PASS ID.
__________________
Always Traveling With Y the T

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 28, 11 at 11:25 am..
atl runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 11, 8:02 am   #7
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Whatever, Avis First
Posts: 61
Somewhat related as I just had my interview today and have already put my number into my Dl.com profile....if I already had existing reservations in the system do I need to do anything else besides putting the number in the profile? Or am I good to go and just check in as normal Sunday morning and then have them scan my BP on Monday morning to see if I get to use PreCheck?
EricStratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 11, 10:33 am   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: delta skymiles
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanktronic View Post
This has been driving me nuts...
...said the pirate with a steering wheel in his pants.
csizzlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 11, 11:14 am   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Posts: 394
I have both a "GOES Membership Number" and a "Membership Number / PASSID". I use the "GOES Membership Number" to login to the GOES website. After login this number appears as "GOES ID" in the upper left corner of the webpage. The "Membership Number / PASSID" appears on the "Trusted Traveler Program" line on the web page.

The last 2 times I departed from ATL, I have tried to use the Pre-Check program. The first time, I entered my "GOES Membership Number" in the TSA field on the Delta Itinerary page. The number was accepted with no feedback, but I was not allowed into the special screening line.

Second time, I entered the "Membership Number / PASSID" in the same field. Again, number accepted with no feedback, but it worked this time. Absolutely no waiting and no hassles at security, well worth the effort to figure it out.
__________________
Tom Williams
My Flight Memory
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 11, 11:33 am   #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta & San Francisco
Programs: DL MM DM & My Wife is a DL 2MM DM
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Williams View Post
I have both a "GOES Membership Number" and a "Membership Number / PASSID". I use the "GOES Membership Number" to login to the GOES website. After login this number appears as "GOES ID" in the upper left corner of the webpage. The "Membership Number / PASSID" appears on the "Trusted Traveler Program" line on the web page.

The last 2 times I departed from ATL, I have tried to use the Pre-Check program. The first time, I entered my "GOES Membership Number" in the TSA field on the Delta Itinerary page. The number was accepted with no feedback, but I was not allowed into the special screening line.

Second time, I entered the "Membership Number / PASSID" in the same field. Again, number accepted with no feedback, but it worked this time. Absolutely no waiting and no hassles at security, well worth the effort to figure it out.
That is correct. There seems to be continued confusion about this in this thread and others. The number that should be entered in the Known Traveler Number box in your profile on delta.com is the nine digit number that is found in your GOES profile (no letters--just nine numbers). Once you are logged in to the GOES system, it is the number listed under Program Membership(s)--Trusted Traveler Program--Membership Number PASSID. This isn't conjecture. This is the number that should be used. It is NOT the Goes ID listed in the upper left corner of the page, which is the one you use to log into the GOES system.
__________________
Always Traveling With Y the T
atl runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 11, 9:21 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley (Fly ROA/CHO/IAD)
Programs: DL FO; TK *G; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
Somewhat related as I just had my interview today and have already put my number into my Dl.com profile....if I already had existing reservations in the system do I need to do anything else besides putting the number in the profile? Or am I good to go and just check in as normal Sunday morning and then have them scan my BP on Monday morning to see if I get to use PreCheck?
Bumping this question, as I just had my interview this morning and will be flying ex-ATL on Sunday and would like the nicer TSA experience.
mtkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 11, 1:44 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta & San Francisco
Programs: DL MM DM & My Wife is a DL 2MM DM
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
Bumping this question, as I just had my interview this morning and will be flying ex-ATL on Sunday and would like the nicer TSA experience.
Unfortunately, if you just put your number into the profile today or yesterday--and are flying Sunday (tomorrow)--the info for this itinerary has already gone to the TSA. It does that 72 hours before the flight, and no changes can be made on the Secure Flight Passenger data for a specific itinerary within that 72 hour window.

Further, even if you have put the number into your Profile, I would check each existing reservation to see if it is also in there. At first, they clearly weren't transferring into existing reservations and they had to be entered in for each one. However, a couple people have commented that they seemed to have fixed that, so that they are now being copied into them. Still, I would check.

Also, a couple people who don't have GE or any other Known Traveler Number, but do have some form of medallion status with Delta, have indicated that they were "chosen" to go through the expedited line, even though they weren't expecting it.

Good luck, and it let's hope this passes the test and gets rolled out nationwide. It's a winner.
__________________
Always Traveling With Y the T
atl runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 11, 10:43 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley (Fly ROA/CHO/IAD)
Programs: DL FO; TK *G; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl runner View Post
Further, even if you have put the number into your Profile, I would check each existing reservation to see if it is also in there. At first, they clearly weren't transferring into existing reservations and they had to be entered in for each one. However, a couple people have commented that they seemed to have fixed that, so that they are now being copied into them. Still, I would check.
How do you check if it's associated to your existing reservations? Doesn't seem to be in contact info.
mtkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 11, 4:11 am   #14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta & San Francisco
Programs: DL MM DM & My Wife is a DL 2MM DM
Posts: 2,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
How do you check if it's associated to your existing reservations? Doesn't seem to be in contact info.
If you have any specific reservation open on delta.com, if you look down in the lower right hand area of the reservation--just to the right of the seat assignments--you'll see a link you can click on to "Provide TSA Secure Flight Information." Click on that, and that's where you'll see what is in each specific reservation, and make changes (but see next paragraph).

Remember, however, if you do this less than 72 hours before the flight, you won't see any info, but instead a message that it's too close to the flight and the info has already gone to the TSA.
__________________
Always Traveling With Y the T

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 30, 11 at 4:20 am..
atl runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 11, 6:59 am   #15
TalkBoard Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KBL, but back to Blighty soon...
Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, TK Elite/*G, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AvisFirst
Posts: 8,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl runner View Post
Unfortunately, if you just put your number into the profile today or yesterday--and are flying Sunday (tomorrow)--the info for this itinerary has already gone to the TSA. It does that 72 hours before the flight, and no changes can be made on the Secure Flight Passenger data for a specific itinerary within that 72 hour window.

Further, even if you have put the number into your Profile, I would check each existing reservation to see if it is also in there. At first, they clearly weren't transferring into existing reservations and they had to be entered in for each one. However, a couple people have commented that they seemed to have fixed that, so that they are now being copied into them. Still, I would check.

Also, a couple people who don't have GE or any other Known Traveler Number, but do have some form of medallion status with Delta, have indicated that they were "chosen" to go through the expedited line, even though they weren't expecting it.

Good luck, and it let's hope this passes the test and gets rolled out nationwide. It's a winner.
I just looked at all of my flights and, while the number is in my profile, it was not when I looked at the specific reservation. I guess this may do me no good tomorrow.
__________________
2014 London Marathon - Pics and more! Reached 2,407.85! Thanks everyone!!
rwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.