Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Correct format for Global Entry member number on DL.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM

This has been driving me nuts, and with the new TT programs at DTW, I want to make sure my Global Entry enrollment is on my Delta profile, FWIW. The box for "Known Traveler" number isn't really clear on the format to enter... when I look at my GE status on the GOES website, I see a 9-digit number only. Entering these 9 digits produces an error on my profile page when I submit.

Below the box they give an example of AX123456789US.... I tried GExxxxxxxxxUS and it accepted the number, but is that the correct method for entry? If so, how the hell did they expect us to know that?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by tanktronic
This has been driving me nuts, and with the new TT programs at DTW, I want to make sure my Global Entry enrollment is on my Delta profile, FWIW. The box for "Known Traveler" number isn't really clear on the format to enter... when I look at my GE status on the GOES website, I see a 9-digit number only. Entering these 9 digits produces an error on my profile page when I submit.

Below the box they give an example of AX123456789US.... I tried GExxxxxxxxxUS and it accepted the number, but is that the correct method for entry? If so, how the hell did they expect us to know that?
My GE/Trusted Traveler # shows up as just numbers in my FF account profiles (both DL and AA)...I have not noticed "GE...US". That said, my first opportunity to use it will be this weekend...

Existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-w-dl-aa.html

Last edited by rwoman; Oct 24, 2011 at 3:39 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM

The nine digit number that is your GE number--the one you see as your "membership number" when you are logged in to the GOES system--is the correct number. I had no problem putting mine in that Known Traveler box, nor did my wife. There is no other number, and I actually confirmed that with a GE agent. Further, we have both used the expedited screening at ATL. Not sure why you can't seem to get it entered as just the nine digit number.

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:44 pm

I have been wondering this as well. Is there anyway to get a clear answer on this? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
atl runner is correct - it is the 9 digit (all numeric) that shows up after you log into your GOES account (it says it's your Trusted Traveler #). We have Nexus & GE and the same 9 digit number is on my Nexus card as "PASS ID". We are DTW based & Mrs. & I flew last week & were invited to the "Special" lane - it was great - shoes on, belt on, coat on, laptop in briefcase, & it took 5 seconds.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by rubesl
atl runner is correct - it is the 9 digit (all numeric) that shows up after you log into your GOES account (it says it's your Trusted Traveler #). We have Nexus & GE and the same 9 digit number is on my Nexus card as "PASS ID". We are DTW based & Mrs. & I flew last week & were invited to the "Special" lane - it was great - shoes on, belt on, coat on, laptop in briefcase, & it took 5 seconds.
And you are correct as well, rubesi. It's also the same nine digit number on the Nexus card as your PASS ID.

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 28, 2011 at 11:25 am
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Whatever, Avis First
Somewhat related as I just had my interview today and have already put my number into my Dl.com profile....if I already had existing reservations in the system do I need to do anything else besides putting the number in the profile? Or am I good to go and just check in as normal Sunday morning and then have them scan my BP on Monday morning to see if I get to use PreCheck?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: delta skymiles
This has been driving me nuts...
...said the pirate with a steering wheel in his pants.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
I have both a "GOES Membership Number" and a "Membership Number / PASSID". I use the "GOES Membership Number" to login to the GOES website. After login this number appears as "GOES ID" in the upper left corner of the webpage. The "Membership Number / PASSID" appears on the "Trusted Traveler Program" line on the web page.

The last 2 times I departed from ATL, I have tried to use the Pre-Check program. The first time, I entered my "GOES Membership Number" in the TSA field on the Delta Itinerary page. The number was accepted with no feedback, but I was not allowed into the special screening line.

Second time, I entered the "Membership Number / PASSID" in the same field. Again, number accepted with no feedback, but it worked this time. Absolutely no waiting and no hassles at security, well worth the effort to figure it out.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Tom Williams
I have both a "GOES Membership Number" and a "Membership Number / PASSID". I use the "GOES Membership Number" to login to the GOES website. After login this number appears as "GOES ID" in the upper left corner of the webpage. The "Membership Number / PASSID" appears on the "Trusted Traveler Program" line on the web page.

The last 2 times I departed from ATL, I have tried to use the Pre-Check program. The first time, I entered my "GOES Membership Number" in the TSA field on the Delta Itinerary page. The number was accepted with no feedback, but I was not allowed into the special screening line.

Second time, I entered the "Membership Number / PASSID" in the same field. Again, number accepted with no feedback, but it worked this time. Absolutely no waiting and no hassles at security, well worth the effort to figure it out.
That is correct. There seems to be continued confusion about this in this thread and others. The number that should be entered in the Known Traveler Number box in your profile on delta.com is the nine digit number that is found in your GOES profile (no letters--just nine numbers). Once you are logged in to the GOES system, it is the number listed under Program Membership(s)--Trusted Traveler Program--Membership Number PASSID. This isn't conjecture. This is the number that should be used. It is NOT the Goes ID listed in the upper left corner of the page, which is the one you use to log into the GOES system.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by EricStratton
Somewhat related as I just had my interview today and have already put my number into my Dl.com profile....if I already had existing reservations in the system do I need to do anything else besides putting the number in the profile? Or am I good to go and just check in as normal Sunday morning and then have them scan my BP on Monday morning to see if I get to use PreCheck?
Bumping this question, as I just had my interview this morning and will be flying ex-ATL on Sunday and would like the nicer TSA experience.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Bumping this question, as I just had my interview this morning and will be flying ex-ATL on Sunday and would like the nicer TSA experience.
Unfortunately, if you just put your number into the profile today or yesterday--and are flying Sunday (tomorrow)--the info for this itinerary has already gone to the TSA. It does that 72 hours before the flight, and no changes can be made on the Secure Flight Passenger data for a specific itinerary within that 72 hour window.

Further, even if you have put the number into your Profile, I would check each existing reservation to see if it is also in there. At first, they clearly weren't transferring into existing reservations and they had to be entered in for each one. However, a couple people have commented that they seemed to have fixed that, so that they are now being copied into them. Still, I would check.

Also, a couple people who don't have GE or any other Known Traveler Number, but do have some form of medallion status with Delta, have indicated that they were "chosen" to go through the expedited line, even though they weren't expecting it.

Good luck, and it let's hope this passes the test and gets rolled out nationwide. It's a winner.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by atl runner
Further, even if you have put the number into your Profile, I would check each existing reservation to see if it is also in there. At first, they clearly weren't transferring into existing reservations and they had to be entered in for each one. However, a couple people have commented that they seemed to have fixed that, so that they are now being copied into them. Still, I would check.
How do you check if it's associated to your existing reservations? Doesn't seem to be in contact info.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
How do you check if it's associated to your existing reservations? Doesn't seem to be in contact info.
If you have any specific reservation open on delta.com, if you look down in the lower right hand area of the reservation--just to the right of the seat assignments--you'll see a link you can click on to "Provide TSA Secure Flight Information." Click on that, and that's where you'll see what is in each specific reservation, and make changes (but see next paragraph).

Remember, however, if you do this less than 72 hours before the flight, you won't see any info, but instead a message that it's too close to the flight and the info has already gone to the TSA.

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 30, 2011 at 4:20 am
Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by atl runner
Unfortunately, if you just put your number into the profile today or yesterday--and are flying Sunday (tomorrow)--the info for this itinerary has already gone to the TSA. It does that 72 hours before the flight, and no changes can be made on the Secure Flight Passenger data for a specific itinerary within that 72 hour window.

Also, a couple people who don't have GE or any other Known Traveler Number, but do have some form of medallion status with Delta, have indicated that they were "chosen" to go through the expedited line, even though they weren't expecting it.

Good luck, and it let's hope this passes the test and gets rolled out nationwide. It's a winner.
I just looked at all of my flights and, while the number is in my profile, it was not when I looked at the specific reservation. I guess this may do me no good tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.