Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

P fare rebooked into what class during misconnection

Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Currently booked into P class (First domestic), if I misconnect in ATL; would I be rebooked into First on the next fight (re-accommodated on another airline in first for mechanical) or rebooked into coach?

I think this P fare is really "coach" but they put you into first; so I just wanted to understand how rebooking works.

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:45 pm

yes, you should be rebooked into P class if you miss it and first is open.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by onic
Currently booked into P class (First domestic), if I misconnect in ATL; would I be rebooked into First on the next fight (re-accommodated on another airline in first for mechanical) or rebooked into coach?

I think this P fare is really "coach" but they put you into first; so I just wanted to understand how rebooking works.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
yes, you should be rebooked into P class if you miss it and first is open.
And, if FC is not available, you will be allowed to select from any other available cabin (except for the flight deck).

In other words, you will find out that, yes, you really did buy a coach ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its very unlikely that you would be rebooked into F on another airline. However, you should be rebooked into P or F on Delta metal as long as there are any seats available up front. Note that the computer system may not do this correctly, but an agent should (note... should) do it. If they give you crap about your P being a coach ticket, then insist that it is first when you booked it, the ticket says first, and you should be rebooked in first.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by onic
... would I be rebooked into First on the next fight (re-accommodated on another airline in first for mechanical) or rebooked into coach?
The underlying fare code may be for a coach ticket. The detailed rules will indicate this. If so, that doesn't give you rights to reaccommodation in F on another carrier (although I have had a little luck).
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Have been in this situation many times. As has been said, you will be booked on next flight in FC if available. You will be booked in coach if no FC. However, I have always been given the chance to take a later flight in FC if I am willing to wait. Look at it this way. If you booked in F fare, they can't book you into FC if no seats available either. (of course F fare does give you more options with compensation and transfer to other carriers) This is why I like the fact that Delta holds back a few seats in FC until close to departure. It allows us to SDC and to IROPS into FC. If they allocated all seats at window, this would not be available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.