FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   delta sucks soooooooo bad (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1259927-delta-sucks-soooooooo-bad.html)

allworld97 Sep 17, 2011 12:12 pm

delta sucks soooooooo bad

I bought this round trip ticket to LGA from detroit maybe 5 days prior to the flight. I purchased online then i found out I could not pick my seat. I hate middle seats and window seats with a passion. I cant do them. I called the delta phone number who told me that they cant get a seat for me it will be at the airport. I called every day up until the day of departure and nobody could help me in their thick accent. I go to the airport checked in at your kiosk and was issued 5 e. I went up to ticketing and told the lady there (she was exceedingly rude) I wanted an aisle> she said you have to go to the gate they are the only ones that can help you. so i go to the gate..I tell the supervisor at th gate my problem (she was rude and cursed at me and told me that she wasnt gonna switch my seat. I told her its an over an hour until the flight there is nobody here you should be able to switch my flight. She cursed again and said NO>. Go to gate 43 to rebooking . So i go to rebooking to get a later flight because i dont wanna sit in the middle seat.I walk all the way over to gate 43. The lady there tells me there are two aisles in the back of the plane. She calls the supervisor and the supervisor says she was gonna do it for me if i didnt go over to rebooking. I go back to gate 73 to obtain thse seats. No supervisor. I speak to the gate agent who tells me she is working the flight she cant help me. I tell her to call the supervisor. She calls. and supervisor never comes at all ever. Then everyone gets on the plane. I ask her, can i get an aisle seat. She said NO I HAVE NO MORE SEATS. At this point I missed my dinner, I am tired.. SO I board the plane sit in the middle seat with two other gentleman who are over six feet tall. I am six feet tall. right when we are about to take off.. the supervisor (another lady) comes on the plane, peers over me into my seat and says.. "SIR I understand there was a problem with your seat" i say to her.. no no problem. You wont see me on your airline again.. EVER.

delta AIRLINE SUCKS

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE DELTA FOR DOING THIS TO ME..

they HAVE LOST ME. I DONT Them SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.
ALL OFthem ARE .......S
I WILL FLY ANY OTHER AIRLINE BUT delta IF I HAVE A CHOICE.

.......S.

anyone know of a great airline that flies dtw lga that i can pick my seat when purchase made???

skylady Sep 17, 2011 12:33 pm

You could try AA, connecting through ORD.

6rugrats Sep 17, 2011 12:46 pm

You can always choose your seat when you make your reservation on any legacy carrier, as long as there are seats open from which to chose. It appears your problem was that there were only middle and window seats available at the time you purchased your tickets, so it's not true that, "I could not pick my seat". No, you just couldn't book an aisle seat.

By the day of your flight, seat selection goes to airport control, so yes, only the gate agent can change your seat. I find it quite difficult to believe that a DL gate agent cursed at you because of this request.

"I will never forgive Delta for doing to to me". Seriously? This flight is less than two hours. Glad you survived the trauma.

Crazyhotelguy Sep 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by allworld97 (Post 17125987)
I bought this round trip ticket to LGA from detroit maybe 5 days prior to the flight. I purchased online then i found out I could not pick my seat. I hate middle seats and window seats with a passion. I cant do them. *** SO I board the plane sit in the middle seat with two other gentleman who are over six feet tall. I am six feet tall. right when we are about to take off.. the supervisor (another lady) comes on the plane, peers over me into my seat and says.. "SIR I understand there was a problem with your seat" i say to her.. no no problem. You wont see me on your airline again.. EVER.

delta AIRLINE SUCKS

ALL OFthem ARE .......S

.......S.

anyone know of a great airline that flies dtw lga that i can pick my seat when purchase made???

Really?

US is probably a better fit for you. I think you can buy a Preferred seat at time of booking....

asnovici Sep 17, 2011 1:29 pm

I bought this round trip ticket to LGA from detroit maybe 5 days prior to the flight. I purchased online then i found out I could not pick my seat. I hate middle seats and window seats with a passion. I cant do them. *** SO I board the plane sit in the middle seat with two other gentleman who are over six feet tall. I am six feet tall. right when we are about to take off.. the supervisor (another lady) comes on the plane, peers over me into my seat and says.. "SIR I understand there was a problem with your seat" i say to her.. no no problem. You wont see me on your airline again.. EVER.

delta AIRLINE SUCKS

ALL OFthem ARE .......S

.......S.

Is this a joke?

nba1017 Sep 17, 2011 1:46 pm

I bought this round trip ticket to LGA from detroit maybe 5 days prior to the flight. I purchased online then i found out I could not pick my seat. I hate middle seats and window seats with a passion. I cant do them. I called the delta phone number who told me that they cant get a seat for me it will be at the airport. I called every day up until the day of departure and nobody could help me in their thick accent. I go to the airport checked in at your kiosk and was issued 5 e. I went up to ticketing and told the lady there (she was exceedingly rude) I wanted an aisle> she said you have to go to the gate they are the only ones that can help you. so i go to the gate..I tell the supervisor at th gate my problem (she was rude and cursed at me and told me that she wasnt gonna switch my seat. I told her its an over an hour until the flight there is nobody here you should be able to switch my flight. She cursed again and said NO>. Go to gate 43 to rebooking . So i go to rebooking to get a later flight because i dont wanna sit in the middle seat.I walk all the way over to gate 43. The lady there tells me there are two aisles in the back of the plane. She calls the supervisor and the supervisor says she was gonna do it for me if i didnt go over to rebooking. I go back to gate 73 to obtain thse seats. No supervisor. I speak to the gate agent who tells me she is working the flight she cant help me. I tell her to call the supervisor. She calls. and supervisor never comes at all ever. Then everyone gets on the plane. I ask her, can i get an aisle seat. She said NO I HAVE NO MORE SEATS. At this point I missed my dinner, I am tired.. SO I board the plane sit in the middle seat with two other gentleman who are over six feet tall. I am six feet tall. right when we are about to take off.. the supervisor (another lady) comes on the plane, peers over me into my seat and says.. "SIR I understand there was a problem with your seat" i say to her.. no no problem. You wont see me on your airline again.. EVER.

delta AIRLINE SUCKS

ALL OFthem ARE .......S

.......S.

Fly private, please. I don't want to have to ever be stuck next to you.

JOUY31 Sep 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Movibg this thread to the Delat forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator

SFO777 Sep 17, 2011 1:57 pm

delta AIRLINE SUCKS
ALL OFthem ARE .......S
.......S.

LMAO. Let me guess, DPS?
Best thread of the week so far. :cool:

SFO777 Sep 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 17126363)
Movibg this thread to the Delat forum.

:D
This will be fun. I'm going to get some popcorn and enjoy the show. ;)

DL2SXM Sep 17, 2011 2:04 pm

This must be the same guy that NW had terminated his medallion status and canceled all his miles.

dickinson Sep 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Great thread! Is there ANTHING we can do to stop all of the GA cursing? It offends and hurts my tender ears.

javabytes Sep 17, 2011 2:05 pm

I bought this round trip ticket to LGA from detroit maybe 5 days prior to the flight. I purchased online then i found out I could not pick my seat.

Reality #1: You've got the order backwards. You can see the seats available before you purchase your flight. You just didn't look.

Reality #2: Flights fill up. Especially 5 days before departure. You will not always be able to request a seat booking that close in, especially if you are not an elite member.

Reality #3: Even if you do pick a specific seat, it is not guaranteed. You can be moved, especially if there is an aircraft swap.

Reality #4: On Delta, you have 24 hours after buying your ticket to cancel your flight and rebook. So if you found out after the fact that you couldn't reserve a seat, you could have cancelled and bought a different ticket.

Reality #5: Realities #1, #2, #3, and sometimes #4 also apply to other airlines.

Enjoy the greener grass.

Marylou Sep 17, 2011 2:07 pm

So I guess this means you won't be converting those US miles to DL after all.

3Cforme Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 17126070)
You could try AA, connecting through ORD.

Yeh, that won't suck. ;)

number21 Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Just by reading the thread title I knew I shouldn’t have read this thread. I just couldn’t help myself. Then, I actually post a comment - probably need to seek help.