Wiki Posts
Search

Odds of VDB??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
Odds of VDB??

I realize the only way to know for sure will be to wait and see what they say at the gate, but I'm bored and curious what people think. I have a flight tomorrow evening DEN-SLC-STL departing at 5:35 pm. I've already done OLCI and they asked if I would be willing to volunteer. Expert flyer is showing the DEN SLC leg as F1 P0 A0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 E0. Its also showing that for the 3:47 pm AND 7:45 pm meaning they are booked pretty heavy all afternoon/evening. So watcha think my odds are of catching the VDB?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa
I realize the only way to know for sure will be to wait and see what they say at the gate, but I'm bored and curious what people think. I have a flight tomorrow evening DEN-SLC-STL departing at 5:35 pm. I've already done OLCI and they asked if I would be willing to volunteer. Expert flyer is showing the DEN SLC leg as F1 P0 A0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 E0. Its also showing that for the 3:47 pm AND 7:45 pm meaning they are booked pretty heavy all afternoon/evening. So watcha think my odds are of catching the VDB?
it's a fun game to play isn't it?

what if?
how much?
contingency plans?
reroute options?

Does DL provide info on the phone about how many seats they (may) be oversold by? Some airlines will be very specific, others will just say it's oversold. This info might help you.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:23 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Obviously it is impossible to tell today what is going to happen tomorrow, but if they are down to F1 the chances of an oversell are very likely.

You are also dealing with a non hub, so it is not like three will be any misconnects, which sometimes saves airlines from offering VDB on flights. I have had a few flights out of DEN that have been oversold.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I've usually had the most success with SC agents telling me how many seats a flight is oversold by. DeltaAssist will not. Phone agents are hit or miss. Sounds like you have a decent shot of catching a VDB tomorrow.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
Lost the VDB lotto. Now waiting on slc-stl which was supposed to take off 5 min ago and hasn't started boarding yet due to mechanical issues.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
that stinks. I have lost the lotto many times. good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.