Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Seeking clarification on the "this item cannot be discounted" language, I've sent an e-mail to Skymall to ask whether such items qualify. I'll update this post with the response. The electronics are pretty much the only interesting items to me.

Andyandy
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:34 am

I called Skymiles and asked the same question... and they said anything that says "This item cannot be discounted" does not qualify.

I guess I won't be ordering lots of the "Cast Iron Giraffe Paper Holder"
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
I used this one and as long as you spend over $500 on stuff you should be fine. I emailed the ADMIN for skymall and got this back reg the s&h code and my order:

After researching your order, I was able to confirm that you recent purchase did meet the criteria for the Delta 25k promotion and that the miles will be awarded to the specified Delta SkyMiles account within the next 6-8 weeks.

Once again, we would like to thank you for thanking advantage of the recent SkyMall/Delta SkyMiles promotion.

So we are looking very good on this one kids!

Called CS, also confirmed that this code does not exclude us from earning miles.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
I called Skymiles and asked the same question... and they said anything that says "This item cannot be discounted" does not qualify.
If that's true, I'm out. Though I wonder if ten calls would get five yes and five no answers...
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by ahtan77
Called CS, also confirmed that this code does not exclude us from earning miles.
Just got a 2nd email that said:

"The terms and conditions for this promotion does not allow other discounts or offers to be combined with this offer. However, there will be orders that slip through the flags in our systems.

I strong recommend that your friends do not use any additional promotional codes or discounts because there is no guarantee that the coupon code they use will not over ride the 25K promotion."

I see later someone called CS and said code is fine so YMMV if you use any code it would seem!

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer

I guess I won't be ordering lots of the "Cast Iron Giraffe Paper Holder"
Man, that just ruined my morning. Was about to get 25k free miles, since my purchase of the camera was for work
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Just got a 2nd email that said:

"The terms and conditions for this promotion does not allow other discounts or offers to be combined with this offer. However, there will be orders that slip through the flags in our systems.

I strong recommend that your friends do not use any additional promotional codes or discounts because there is no guarantee that the coupon code they use will not over ride the 25K promotion."

I see later someone called CS and said code is fine so YMMV if you use any code it would seem!
Maybe my post is misleading. I didn't directly ask them if the code is working or not.

This is what happened:

After I applied the code, the check-out page showed "SkyMiles earned 25000". However, when I went on to print out the receipt, this information was not included. Thus, I called in and asked whether I earned the miles. And, the rep said "yes".

So, maybe YMMV
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
on the plus side we can order as much as we want

Just got this:

"A person can place as many $500 orders as they want to take advantage of this promotion, there are no restrictions. We actually encourage it, if you want to knock out all of your Holiday shopping now then this is the best way to do it."

Humm....
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:21 am

wow this is indeed very good news...

can we get a second confirmation on that?

I would buy $4k worth of junk which I plan to sell at some loss, so $4k = 200k. Pretty nice I would say. : )
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:16 pm

Duplicate question!

Last edited by dave7250; Sep 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm Reason: Already answered
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
I agree would like confirmation. Can we make multiple $500 purchases and get more 25000 bonuses???? CS I talked to didnt know what I was talking about.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I inquired about a specific product, the Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera which I buy for work. I was hoping to get my 25k miles from the purchase, but the description said "This item cannont be discounted" which lead me to believe it wasn't eligible for the promo. I emailed SkyMall and got this response:
Dear Customer,
That particular item does qualify for the promotion. If you are having issues placing the order to get the 25000 miles, please contact us @ 1800-skymall and agent will be happy to assist you with your order. If you should need any further assistance please contact us @ 1800-skymall or reply to this e-mail.
Thank You
SkyMall Customer Service
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, even with inflated prices, how can these guys be making money?

They have to pay more than $100 for 25K SkyPesos, right? There can't be that much fat in a camera, after credit card fees, shipping, etc. And they probably pay Delta closer to $200.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:48 pm

I would say under $200 because DL makes millions off them, so I would not be surpised that they pay close to $100.

Then good luck finding low availability on DL. : )
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:07 pm

Called CS @ 1-800-skymall, who confirmed that even orders containing items that state "this item cannot be discounted" are included. FYI, the note is to indicate that discounts/coupons cannot be applied to the particular item.

This actually is a pretty good deal if you know:
1) how to find award fares at the 'low' level using DL/AF/KVS/EF
2) how to sell 'competitively' on ebay. example below:

~$550 Buy camera (+ tax + delivery)
$420 Sell on ebay
~$380 Take home after ~9% fees for ebay + paypal
----
Net cost = $170

$170 / 25000mi = $0.0068.

A lot of work and does put your money at risk (until you sell it successfully), but worth it especially if you place more than 1 order (and get 25k for each other).

TIP: Search for the 9v battery if need $0.99 filler!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.