FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Lost my necklace on the plane - can't I talk to a live person? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1253076-lost-my-necklace-plane-cant-i-talk-live-person.html)

Georgia Peach Aug 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Lost my necklace on the plane - can't I talk to a live person?

We were on DL 1220 SEA/ATL tonight, and when we got home, I noticed my necklace was missing. I called the 800-325-8224 #, and it tells me to fill out the form, which I've already done. The odds of getting my necklace back are probably zero, but maybe I'll get lucky. Anyone have a better number?

DL2SXM Aug 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach (Post 17014440)
We were on DL 1220 SEA/ATL tonight, and when we got home, I noticed my necklace was missing. I called the 800-325-8224 #, and it tells me to fill out the form, which I've already done. The odds of getting my necklace back are probably zero, but maybe I'll get lucky. Anyone have a better number?

how do you know you lost it on the plane? you said you noticed it missing when you got home. So, a few questions. When did you last see it? How did you get home?? car service, friend, your own car, public transportation? Did you call them to? Did you make any stops? What makes you think it was lost on the Delta flight?

Georgia Peach Aug 28, 2011 11:32 pm

I didn't put it on until after I got on the plane, and it wasn't in the car. Maybe it got caught in my hair when I took off my jacket. There was no answer at airport L&F, so I'll call them tomorrow.

DL2SXM Aug 29, 2011 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach (Post 17014671)
I didn't put it on until after I got on the plane, and it wasn't in the car. Maybe it got caught in my hair when I took off my jacket. There was no answer at airport L&F, so I'll call them tomorrow.

just trying to help.

run26pointtwo Aug 29, 2011 12:44 pm

I left something on a plane to Kalispell recently, and phoned the platinum line about the problem. They gave me a number to call at the airport, and they indicated they had found it and were keeping it at the airport. So I picked it up from the agent when I arrived for the return flight. So I would advise checking with lost and found at Atlanta. Maybe it was found and turned in.

doubleA Aug 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach (Post 17014440)

Try tweeting @DeltaAssist, I've seen them posting about helping others find L&F articles.