100% bonus when you buy, gift, or transfer miles

Subscribe
Quote: 30 bucks fee, is it for per transaction (30k limit per transaction). If so, transferring 150k then the fee would be $150. so the total cost of transfer of 150k points would be $1773.75, inclusive of 7.5% tax (cpm is 1.1825). Is my math correct?
It doesn't indicate they charge excise tax for sharing miles (just purchases). The fee is $30 is per transaction. Perhaps it covers tax since they don't seem to charge the $30 on purchases? I'm too lazy to click thru and verify but if the $30 covers tax then I think it's only 1.1 cpm.
Quote: It doesn't indicate they charge excise tax for sharing miles (just purchases). The fee is $30 is per transaction. Perhaps it covers tax since they don't seem to charge the $30 on purchases? I'm too lazy to click thru and verify but if the $30 covers tax then I think it's only 1.1 cpm.
Don't believe there is a tax on transfers (except 5% for Canadians)
Would it be possible to transfer miles into account and that SM account transfer back after the bonus has been posted so each account gets a bonus? Surely, DL will have wised up to this possibility
Very likely you can do that if you want. Restrictions like that would defeat the purpose of offering this promotion which is to generate cash. If they didn't want to sell miles at 1.1 cpm they wouldn't offer the share promotion. Cheaper to sell miles to people than borrow money from the capital markets. It's the same reason AA is selling gift cards at a discount.
I've done mileage buys like this a few times in the past when the bonus has been 100%. But yes, they did a MAJOR price hike on miles: to get 60k + 60k bonus used to run $1600, and now it's $2100? Eeek. Sorry Delta, not doing it anymore... especially since there's such little availability in Biz Class on int'l flights, and if there IS availability, even in the off-season, it's always 150k-200k miles from LAX to anywhere in the EU.

Kirby
Awesome deal. Perfect time to transfer the 70k or so miles from my wife's account to mine.

Thanks for the heads up op...
just checked and saw that a medium award syd lax is a staggering 250.000 miles one way.

but just incase i can find a decent award
i am just checking that if i have 68000 I can send 3 transactions of 30k 30k and 28k and send all to one account.
receiving 136k.
then send it all back to me? arriving at 272k?
The 100% bonus buying miles can be reasonable for business class tickets, if you can find availability at the low tier. For example, 50K (+50K bonus) miles can be purchased for $1750 +tax and redeemed for business to Europe on AF.
Need some math checking from the vets
OK folks, I've got orphaned miles with my family members... and a large chunk sitting in my account.

I did the math on this and wanted to run it by you guys to verify I'm of sound mind (or possibly out of mind to even considering this):
Family1 has 10K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
Family2 has 10K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
Family3 has 50K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
L2CTW has 370K+ (the end game is to get it into my account)

So, let's begin:
F1 begins with 10K
F1 transfers to F2 = 30K (2x10K + 10K original) in F2's account and $130 in fees (10K xfr fee is $130)
F2 transfers to F3 = 110K (2x30K + 50K original) in F3's account and $330 in fees (30K xfr fee is $330)
F3 transfers to L2CTW = 590K (2x110K + 370K original) in L2CTW's account and $1,220 in fees. (3x$330 + $220 [due to 30K max X 3 and 20K remaining])
Total Miles transferred = 220K
Total Fees payed = $1,680

Approx .76 CPM

Final tally in L2CTW account = Approx 590K DL Skypesos...

Is the math right? And of course, is it worth it, assuming DL doesn't do some more customer unfriendly changes.

Also, any other options I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.
Math can't be right because the absolute lowest cost is 1.1 cpm ($100 for 30K miles + $30 fee = 1.1 cpm).
Quote: OK folks, I've got orphaned miles with my family members... and a large chunk sitting in my account.

I did the math on this and wanted to run it by you guys to verify I'm of sound mind (or possibly out of mind to even considering this):
Family1 has 10K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
Family2 has 10K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
Family3 has 50K+ (accumulated in past 4 yrs)
L2CTW has 370K+ (the end game is to get it into my account)

So, let's begin:
F1 begins with 10K
F1 transfers to F2 = 30K (2x10K + 10K original) in F2's account and $130 in fees (10K xfr fee is $130)
F2 transfers to F3 = 110K (2x30K + 50K original) in F3's account and $330 in fees (30K xfr fee is $330)
F3 transfers to L2CTW = 590K (2x110K + 370K original) in L2CTW's account and $1,220 in fees. (3x$330 + $220 [due to 30K max X 3 and 20K remaining])
Total Miles transferred = 220K
Total Fees payed = $1,680

Approx .76 CPM

Final tally in L2CTW account = Approx 590K DL Skypesos...

Is the math right? And of course, is it worth it, assuming DL doesn't do some more customer unfriendly changes.

Also, any other options I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.
The 3rd transfer of 110k will actually be 4 total transfers, 30k, 30k, 30k, 20k.
Each 30k is $330, and 20k is $230, not $220.
What's the point in buying/transferring miles when you either can't use them or have to spend such an absurd amount to use them? Not a good idea to purchase even at this price. Now if they were giving them away, I'd take them.
What's the point of keeping your miles if 1.1 cpm is absurdly overpriced? Why not sell them? So many folks badmouthing this deal but my PM inbox is still empty, lol.
Quote: What's the point in buying/transferring miles when you either can't use them or have to spend such an absurd amount to use them? Not a good idea to purchase even at this price. Now if they were giving them away, I'd take them.
Many have had success in using skymiles at reasonable levels. Not always easy or convenient, but certainly doable.
Have you not noticed that it has gotten much more difficult to find award availability at the lowest mileage level?

Quote: Many have had success in using skymiles at reasonable levels. Not always easy or convenient, but certainly doable.