DL1180 on 09/23

Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
DL1180 on 09/23

DL1180

SLC - MCO

Silver Medallion on this flight. Booked an 'L' Fare, I also have this in the UG thread.

Can anyone shed some more light into UG chances? There are a lot of FC seats available and am hoping for an UG as this is a 3+ hour flight and will be nice to enjoy the dinner service!

TIA!

Last edited by stylo4444; Sep 14, 2011 at 7:59 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:55 pm
mpp

1180 SLC-MCO on a Friday evening is more leisure than business so chances are better than Thursday afternoon or Monday morning.

By the way, you should include the city pairs in your post so people don't have to look it up. Nothing like asking for help and making people do more work than is necessary.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Still slim. While there are plenty of F seats open, almost all the preferred seats are taken, which is often a good indicator that there are a lot of elites on this flight. My guess is you will go the gate, where you will either just make it or be very close to the top of the UG list.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
F9P9A9Y9B9M9H9Q6K4L0U0T0E0

chances are good. No way to really tell till you get to the upgrade window. If you dont get upgraded at the window, Id say your chances are slim.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stylo4444
DL1180

SLC - MCO

Silver Medallion on this flight. Booked an 'L' Fare, I also have this in the UG thread.

Can anyone shed some more light into UG chances? There are a lot of FC seats available and am hoping for an UG as this is a 3+ hour flight and will be nice to enjoy the dinner service!

TIA!
Dont want to be the one to Knock you down but I don't think the chances are very good at all on a Friday. There are a lot of DMs, PMs and GMs in both SLC and MCO and even with the 26 seat cabin I think it is a very very slim shot on a Friday. The UG windows haven't even started hitting but I'd be willing to bet V will be zeroed out before the GM window and if not before, almost certainly after. The best bet would likely be to wait until everyone has boarded and see if maybe someone didn't show and if you are the only one left and on the UG list a lot of the time the GA will clear you and not go on board to find who really was next on the list.

Or if you want it confirmed buy up to a K fare and UG for 12500 miles. G9 right now. That's probably your only real shot. And a L to a K typically isn't too much a difference. Get a nice agent to waive the change fee and your set!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Why would you make a thread if you posted this in the upgrade thread?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.