Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using Airfrance.us to Find Low Level Delta Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other

Airfrance.us now shows low Delta award availability. I wrote a blog post with screen shots, but overall this is a huge improvement over Delta.com for those of us who only redeem for low awards. The tool even works for domestic Delta flights and will create some logical connecting points that have low availability.

I find that Delta.com automatically tries to price trips at higher levels, so airfrance.us is refreshing- it edits out all the "noise" of medium and high legs.

Link to get a Flying Blue account (which you need to search awards)
Old May 30, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
AF Flights IAD-CDG and Beyond

When I have used "schedule" rather than "price" on the SkyMiles redemption page, I can find seats on AF's two flights IAD-CDG.

AF is now flying the A380 between Washington and Paris on both flights, so there are over 160 J class seats per day, and I have found J availability for 100k SMs.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:10 pm

Was this a recent development?

Sometime late last year, I briefly looked into searching for Skyteam awards using the AF/FB web site, and I thought I saw a few low Delta awards back then.

I am just curious if there has been any significant recent enhancement. In any case, thanks for posting about this, as this is certainly a good resource to know about.
Old May 30, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Was this a recent development?

Sometime late last year, I briefly looked into searching for Skyteam awards using the AF/FB web site, and I thought I saw a few low Delta awards back then.

I am just curious if there has been any significant recent enhancement. In any case, thanks for posting about this, as this is certainly a good resource to know about.
Want to say that i also saw Delta flights populate my AF search a few months ago.
Old May 30, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
AF is now flying the A380 between Washington and Paris on both flights, so there are over 160 J class seats per day, and I have found J availability for 100k SMs.
Really? When did that happen. I took the IAD-CDG last week and it was all 777s

Nice find OP.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:46 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Hasn't this always been available on the airfrance site?

I posted here back in early May about how you can find availability to the much desired Bora Bora on DL low level award.

Has anything changed, or is this just a general demonstration on how to use the air france site?
Old May 30, 2011, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Want to say that i also saw Delta flights populate my AF search a few months ago.
I don't know what the exact date was, but several months ago I specifically could not get Delta awards to load on airfrance.us. Now, it seems like 100% availability- even on US domestic flights.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Hasn't this always been available on the airfrance site?

I posted here back in early May about how you can find availability to the much desired Bora Bora on DL low level award.

Has anything changed, or is this just a general demonstration on how to use the air france site?
The LAX-PPT flight is an Air France flight, so yes, that has always been searchable on airfrance.us.

What I'm talking about is 100% Delta inventory showing on Air France- flights like ATL-LGA, which have not always shown on Airfrance.us.
Old May 30, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
OK, so I tried something new. The flying blue calendar seems to be worse than the dl.com award calendar. I tried several city pairs (domestic and international) and received the following message after selecting a "low" date highlighted on the calendar.

There are no flights available for the selected return date. Please modify your request.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA/DL plat to AA
Just checked various dates for LAX-PPT and LAX-JNB. Way more availability showing. If these are bookable, this is a very cool tool.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Really? When did that happen. I took the IAD-CDG last week and it was all 777s

Nice find OP.
I looked at IAD-CDG on 15 June and return on 22 June.
Old May 30, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
The LAX-PPT flight is an Air France flight, so yes, that has always been searchable on airfrance.us.

What I'm talking about is 100% Delta inventory showing on Air France- flights like ATL-LGA, which have not always shown on Airfrance.us.
Really? I've seen DL (and NW before that) on the AF site for years...
Old May 31, 2011, 11:11 am

Am I missing something or is this only relevant if you have balances in both Fllying Blue and Skymiles? It would be one thing if one could use Skymiles to book what is now shown on the AF site, but I often see AF availability via Flying Blue this is inaccessible to Skymiles users.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Dreps
Am I missing something or is this only relevant if you have balances in both Fllying Blue and Skymiles? It would be one thing if one could use Skymiles to book what is now shown on the AF site, but I often see AF availability via Flying Blue this is inaccessible to Skymiles users.
Look for Classic (not Flex) awards in Economy or Business, not Prem Eco or First. They will be bookable with DL miles.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Look for Classic (not Flex) awards in Economy or Business, not Prem Eco or First. They will be bookable with DL miles.
So, I find Classic available for business low, dates that I want on AF.US., I search DL for the award ticket for same flights. Only outgoing shows up, not the return. If I call DL and give them the flight number, will they be able to find it and book it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.