Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question about international arrivals at BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold

Flying into BOS from LHR, have a connecting flight on a separate itinerary (all Delta flights). I don't want to combine because I'd like to SDC to an earlier connecting flight. Is there a place to recheck bags post-customs like ATL at Logan where I could do the SDC or is it just a bag drop? It would be nice not to have to clear security again.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
all international arrival in BOS are in terminal E. Delta domestic departures are in terminal A. unfortunately - all terminals are disconnected from each other, so you will have no choice but to clear security a second time. there are buses that connect all terminals which would probably be your best bet!
Old May 6, 2011, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
You have to re-check luggage and reclear security for ALL international-to-domestic connections in the US, as you have had access to your luggage during the CBP process.

At BOS, you will turn left when exiting customs and there are some luggage desks there. I'm not sure whether the bags have to be tagged all the way to the final destination to use them.

As noted, you will need to get from E to A, which means either taking the shuttle bus or walking through the parking garage. You will then clear security at A.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by infradig
Flying into BOS from LHR, have a connecting flight on a separate itinerary (all Delta flights). I don't want to combine because I'd like to SDC to an earlier connecting flight. Is there a place to recheck bags post-customs like ATL at Logan where I could do the SDC or is it just a bag drop? It would be nice not to have to clear security again.
I'm not a fan of the bus, so I take the escalators up to the central parking lot and walk to A terminal. Takes me MAYBE 7 minutes...
Old May 6, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mbarreto
I'm not a fan of the bus, so I take the escalators up to the central parking lot and walk to A terminal. Takes me MAYBE 7 minutes...
I agree with walking. It is much easier and doesn't take that long.
Old May 7, 2011, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
thanks for the info. I'll plan on walking to A and hopefully will be able to do the SDC.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
There is a transfer/luggage desk when you leave customs. Turn left before exiting rather than going straight out into the terminal lobby. They are common use desks however and not sure how much access the agent has to the DL system (at a minimum I would guess they probably can print a tag but might not be able to do SDC/ticking, etc.). worst case, you have to trek over to A and recheck there.

When I arrived from LHR two weeks ago there were two DL agents in the baggage area (pre-customs) actually helping with connecting passengers.

Also--it is without question faster, easier, shorter to walk through the skybridge/garage than to take the Massport bus. Take the elevator or escalator to the skybridge and keep following to Terminal A. The terminals are actually directly opposite each other with the parking garage in between and directly connected by the skybridge with moving walkway. If you've ever connected in MSP, it's similar to the walkway between C and G (except that it's outside security).
Old May 7, 2011, 5:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pbarnette
You have to re-check luggage and reclear security for ALL international-to-domestic connections in the US, as you have had access to your luggage during the CBP process.
Except perhaps when the international-to-domestic connections in the US involve a US pre-clearance facility outside of the US just prior to arrival in the US.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; ICG Platinum
Terminal connections at Boston Logan

There has been one great change at Logan that means if you're flying in internationally and then out domestically you don't have to clear security again. Once you pass customs and recheck or pick up your bags follow the signs that have a crossover to Terminal A. It's only about a ten minute walk.
Old May 7, 2011, 7:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ProfessorClare
There has been one great change at Logan that means if you're flying in internationally and then out domestically you don't have to clear security again.
When did that start for passengers from all international arrivals? It certainly wasn't my experience a few months ago. Or are you talking about arrivals from airports with US pre-clearance for immigration and customs purposes?

If what you mention is now case for all passengers arriving there from international flights and continuing on a same-day departure from the same, that's surprising news to me and most welcome.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
There has been one great change at Logan that means if you're flying in internationally and then out domestically you don't have to clear security again. Once you pass customs and recheck or pick up your bags follow the signs that have a crossover to Terminal A. It's only about a ten minute walk.
Must be brand new, last week there was nothing like that.
Old May 7, 2011, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
This was not the case for my sister flying LHR-BOS-SLC-MFR two weeks ago....definitely a recent change if this statement is true.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
huh?

You certainly need to clear TSA again after claiming your bags in customs.

Perhaps what this person is talking about--and it's a stab based upon the handle and County Clare, Ireland--is that you clear U.S. Immigration before departure when coming from Ireland. It's been a while since I few Aer Lingus into BOS, but I did go straight to the baggage claim and out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.