Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ROC - AUH round trip 5/5 returning 5/11 HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Hey guys - can anyone help me do a multi-city business class on the return flight from AUH to ROC on skyteam ??

I am already going to have to buy full price tickets... so if i do a multi-city i doubt it will cost anymore... and i can rack up the miles!

I have no idea what to do for multi cities out of Abu Dhabi.

thanks in advance
Old May 3, 2011, 8:46 am

Can you clarify? What do you mean by multicity? Are you going somewhere before you get to ROC?
Old May 3, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
To get the best "creative" routing you're probably better off asking this in the mileage run forum, but I'm guessing you want to add a few extra cities to get additional miles?

IE - ROC-JFK-DTW-MSP-ATL-AUH?

You can probably piece together a trip

ROC-ATL-LAX-LHR-AUH or ROC-ATL-LAX-AMS-AUH if you try hard enough - but the pricing could still get you, along with having to explain to your employer why you connected through LAX.

Look to see what the cheapest BE fares are from cities on the left coast (LAX, SFO, SAN, SEA), then get creative in your routing using expedia, orbitz, travelocity or delta.dumb and assigning different hub cities.

You can also look on travelocity to find the "cheapest" place that you can fly to from ROC (my guess would be FLL or MCO), then find the price of the BE ticket from FLL or MCO or where-ever you may be led to. If you can shave a few bucks off a ticket and nest them your boss may be ok with it.

GL and report back here what you ended up doing.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:42 am

AUH on SkyTeam

From my experince with AUH, you are only going to be able to get in and out of AUH on SkyTeam via AMS (KLM) or CDG (AF). There are several options back to the US from either AMS or CDG to all the hubs.

I've tried to find a way to connect through JFK to CDG so I can ride on the A380, but that routing never comes up.

If you can get up to Dubai, you have the same options, or the direct flight from Atlanta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.