Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:52 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I was thinking more along the lines of . . . . .

Flights to Asia offer PJs. . . .

Now, exclusively on short haul flights, in Comfort +, you can choose Delta Yoga Pants instead of the snack basket!
Opt out of that fatty snack basket, and show off your hot bod while advertising your favorite airline***!

***Passengers choosing Delta Yoga Pants will have access to First Class lavatories to change!

Available in sizes XS - XXXL

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 13, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
LOL!!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I was thinking more along the lines of . . . . .

Flights to Asia offer PJs. . . .

Now, exclusively on short haul flights, in Comfort +, you can choose Delta Yoga Pants instead of the snack basket!
Opt out of that fatty snack basket, and show off your hot bod while advertising your favorite airline***!

***Passengers choosing Delta Yoga Pants will have access to First Class lavatories to change!

Available in sizes XS - XXXL

That's almost like charging a fee to use the FC lavatory. You could buy the DL yoga pants and throw them away.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Deleted. PVN will never get it.
I completely concur
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Delta sued by Shena employee

Here's an interesting development. A (former) Delta employee has sued Delta in South Carolina. In her lawsuit she admits that she (improperly) upgraded friends and family on Delta flights and was then fired for it (she claims other employees do the same and weren't fired and that her termination was due to her race etc). Setting aside the discrimination and other issues - at its heart - this is a lawsuit in which an employee clearly engaged in shenanigans, was caught and was fired.

If we assume that the termination wasn't improperly motivated, good for Delta for terminating an employee who didn't follow the rules. With the number of posts complaining about upgrade improprieties, here is some evidence that proves that it occurs (and an assertion that it is commonplace).

I'm not sure what the FT rules are about posting the pleadings - but they are a matter of public record in the federal court in South Carolina.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
Here's an interesting development. A (former) Delta employee has sued Delta in South Carolina. In her lawsuit she admits that she (improperly) upgraded friends and family on Delta flights and was then fired for it (she claims other employees do the same and weren't fired and that her termination was due to her race etc). Setting aside the discrimination and other issues - at its heart - this is a lawsuit in which an employee clearly engaged in shenanigans, was caught and was fired.

If we assume that the termination wasn't improperly motivated, good for Delta for terminating an employee who didn't follow the rules. With the number of posts complaining about upgrade improprieties, here is some evidence that proves that it occurs (and an assertion that it is commonplace).

I'm not sure what the FT rules are about posting the pleadings - but they are a matter of public record in the federal court in South Carolina.
Source/Link? Curious to read.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by woodford02A
Source/Link? Curious to read.
Me too and I tried google and nada came up
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Me too and I tried google and nada came up
^ me 3.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Searching for something like SC case search led me to:

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/so...cv02151/237485

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/south-carolina/scdce/2:2017cv02151/237485

But that page only seems to have basic info about the parties.

Also found this:

http://www.sccourts.org/casesearch/

http://www.sccourts.org/casesearch/

But following it to the relevant county site and searching there came up dry. The other page says it was filed three days ago, so maybe there's a lag time in when things get posted.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Much as I dislike Shena, I would have given a written warning - not fired. 2nd offence (getting caught) -termination
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Much as I dislike Shena, I would have given a written warning - not fired. 2nd offence (getting caught) -termination
Who knows if this was a first time? I hope DL lawyers up. DL also should put this case on the internal DL website to show other employees what can happen if you abuse rules. These rules were put in place for a reason. There is no way DL would fire an employee without strong evidence. This case sounds like pure theft from her employer - Delta Airlines. I am glad to see DL stand up and fight her in court. If DL is 100% correct, which I am sure they are (or they would not have fired her), she gets ZERO, ZIP, Nothing.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight

IMO it's good that she was caught and was fired, but it's discouraging, if true, that others also upgraded friends and family (rather than elites who were entitled to the upgrades) and were not fired.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It is possible this was not the first offense. Will be interesting to find out more.

David
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kettle1
DL also should put this case on the internal DL website to show other employees what can happen if you abuse rules. These rules were put in place for a reason.
^ agreed
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DiverDave
It is possible this was not the first offense. Will be interesting to find out more.

David
Even if it is a first offense, chances are it's just the first time she was caught and probably isn't that hard to find out if she upgraded other NRSA's in the past.

Even if a first offense she should be fired. It's employee theft and most companies terminate employees over employee on a first offense. When I delivered pizza's in college some driver tried this scam where if someone didn't use a coupon they would just tear one out of a flyer and put it in their bag creating an instant tip for the face amount of the coupon. Even though it only amount to $1 or $2 if the store found out the employee got terminated and in this case the Delta employee created a lot more than $2 of Fraud (IIRC the store started prosecuting employees as well, they would call people we delivered to asking a few questions like how the food and service was and one of the questions was if they used a coupon and if they said no the store was able to bust the driver).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.