DL to Dominican Republic - Entry/Exit Fees Incl?

Subscribe
From what I gathered, on entry, tourist card is $10 per person. On exit, departure tax is $20 per person. I booked award ticket with tax/fees of $102.10. I realize that's a lot but I can't tell from their tax/fee breakdown if either is included. Anyone have recent experience?

I could call and ask but figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks.
Quote: From what I gathered, on entry, tourist card is $10 per person. On exit, departure tax is $20 per person. I booked award ticket with tax/fees of $102.10. I realize that's a lot but I can't tell from their tax/fee breakdown if either is included. Anyone have recent experience?

I could call and ask but figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that the departure tax is included in the ticket price. Upon arrival you just have to pay $10 for the tourist card. I was there in March 2010 so I'm assuming it is the same and I know in Punta Cana we did not have to pay a departure tax, it was included in the ticket price.
Quote: I'm pretty sure that the departure tax is included in the ticket price. Upon arrival you just have to pay $10 for the tourist card. I was there in March 2010 so I'm assuming it is the same and I know in Punta Cana we did not have to pay a departure tax, it was included in the ticket price.
Sweet, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to Punta Cana too. Is there some kind of paperwork to show that it's been paid for? How do they know?
Entry/Exit taxes are included in the $102.10. What you have to pay upon arrival is the $10 Tourist Card fee, which is used instead of having to stamp a visa on your passport. You don't have to show any kind of documentation because, the standard procedure for every Airline has been to include those taxes as part of the ticket taxes.
hmmm, called twice, both CSRs said no. One of them even said she goes back and forth to Peru alot and that the exit tax/fee was not included in ticket.
When I went to SXM the exit fee was paid by the airline on my award tickets - aka it was paid by me in taxes, but they were paid by the airline.
Quote: hmmm, called twice, both CSRs said no. One of them even said she goes back and forth to Peru alot and that the exit tax/fee was not included in ticket.
Peru has a very different policy. CSRs agents usually tell me that complimentary upgrades to the Dominican Republic are not even possible, so go figure.

You can be very confident. As you can notice in my location, I'm from SDQ, so basically what I'm telling you is based on my experience of flying 150,000+ miles in the last 5 years To and From SDQ. Never paid a single dime since 2002, when the airlines started charging the departure/arrival taxes to the ticket.
Quote: Entry/Exit taxes are included in the $102.10. What you have to pay upon arrival is the $10 Tourist Card fee, which is used instead of having to stamp a visa on your passport. You don't have to show any kind of documentation because, the standard procedure for every Airline has been to include those taxes as part of the ticket taxes.
^ - 100% correct. Be ready to pay $10 at the airport for a tourist card just before immigration. You will surrender this card as you enter the immigration area. Upon departing the country, you will not have any exit taxes to pay as they are included in the ticket cost.
Quote: ^ - 100% correct. Be ready to pay $10 at the airport for a tourist card just before immigration. You will surrender this card as you enter the immigration area. Upon departing the country, you will not have any exit taxes to pay as they are included in the ticket cost.
And 10.00 at exit.
Quote: And 10.00 at exit.
Nope. Unless you got ripped off. I lived in the DR for over 20 years and have flown there about 50 times in last 10 years - never once have I paid an exit fee.
Quote: Nope. Unless you got ripped off. I lived in the DR for over 20 years and have flown there about 50 times in last 10 years - never once have I paid an exit fee.
you are right - I was thinking of the BVI - 15.00 at exit.
Quote: Nope. Unless you got ripped off. I lived in the DR for over 20 years and have flown there about 50 times in last 10 years - never once have I paid an exit fee.
Correct, you'll pay $10 on entry, and exit taxes are included in the ticket price.
Re-upping this thread to inquire if anyone has any recent experience while traveling to Punta Cana/the DR with DL.

I'm presuming that DL customers still need to separately purchase the tourist card upon arrival at the airport in the DR or do so online prior to arrival? I recall having to get the tourist card upon arrival years ago but haven't visited the DR since 2010.

Any recent experiences would be most appreciated.
Quote: Re-upping this thread to inquire if anyone has any recent experience while traveling to Punta Cana/the DR with DL.

I'm presuming that DL customers still need to separately purchase the tourist card upon arrival at the airport in the DR or do so online prior to arrival? I recall having to get the tourist card upon arrival years ago but haven't visited the DR since 2010.

Any recent experiences would be most appreciated.
I can let you know second week of March. Or if someone else chimes in, I'll know what to expect.
Just there last month.. You still have to pay the $10 tourist fee. I strongly recommend buying online. Speeds the entire process up. On Delta the $20 exit tax is included in your ticket price (we had one paid and one award ticket)

http://www.dgii.gov.do/tarjetaTurist...s/default.aspx