Shenanigans DL 3085

Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Shenanigans DL 3085

Okay, here is the data, I know someone will post that this did not happen, but I was there, I saw it.

Flight 3085 to Nashville from Detroit on Friday, March 18. 13 people on upgrade list 30 minutes prior to flight, 5 seats available. Agent cleared 2 medallions and then two NRSA's into seats 1C and 1D. There boarding passes had NRSA in big black bold letters on them. As number 3 on the list, I inquired with the agent and he eventually did clear me into the last seat, however, 2 medallions did not get their upgades and per delta.com the upgrade list ended with 10 people on it. So of the 5 seats 3 cleared to medallions, 2 to NRSA's.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: GM, GHilton
Originally Posted by kss5555
I inquired with the agent
what was his response (other than clearing your upgrade)?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: DELTA
Okay, here is the data, I know someone will post that this did not happen, but I was there, I saw it.

Flight 3085 to Nashville from Detroit on Friday, March 18. 13 people on upgrade list 30 minutes prior to flight, 5 seats available. Agent cleared 2 medallions and then two NRSA's into seats 1C and 1D. There boarding passes had NRSA in big black bold letters on them. As number 3 on the list, I inquired with the agent and he eventually did clear me into the last seat, however, 2 medallions did not get their upgades and per delta.com the upgrade list ended with 10 people on it. So of the 5 seats 3 cleared to medallions, 2 to NRSA's.
I'm not up on all of the non-rev stuff, but I do know that the rules all change if the non-rev's are active DL employees traveling on company business. Any chance this could have been the case?

-A
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
I'm not up on all of the non-rev stuff, but I do know that the rules all change if the non-rev's are active DL employees traveling on company business. Any chance this could have been the case?

-A
Their boarding passes would say NRPS, and Positive Space upgrades come after medallions, but before NRSA.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:22 am

3 medallions upgraded and only two NRSAs so where's the beef?

It's "Their", not "There"
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I don't see anything sorry.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by Josher747
Their boarding passes would say NRPS, and Positive Space upgrades come after medallions, but before NRSA.
+1

The OPs description sounds like Shena paid a visit and, when asked about the situation, the GAs actions seem to validate the OPs observations.

Kudos to the OP for being observant, remaining calm, and politely standing up for himself. ^^
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't read other people's boarding passes unless I'm right behind them. But then I don't worry about this kind of stuff, so don't expect me to be close behind and peering over your shoulder.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I can't read other people's boarding passes unless I'm right behind them. But then I don't worry about this kind of stuff, so don't expect me to be close behind and peering over your shoulder.
Indeed - I have only ever seen 1 fellow DL pax who I truly wanted to get close enough to, so as to read their BP, and she had a wedding band on so I didn't bother

Originally Posted by Crackerpup
+1

The OPs description sounds like Shena paid a visit and, when asked about the situation, the GAs actions seem to validate the OPs observations.

Kudos to the OP for being observant, remaining calm, and politely standing up for himself. ^^
^ Even if OP had got it wrong, can't fault the handling of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.