Search

Delta Sky Advisors

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plat, DL/NW Diamond
Delta Sky Advisors

Hi all,

If there is already a thread about this, apologies but did do due diligence in searching.

I am trying to find out what the DL Sky Advisors program is all about...any Sky Advisors out there willing to explain? I cannot seem to find info about this program anywhere!

thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
It can't be discussed publicly. Sorry!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: DL:DM;DL Reserve; LT Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by whatup12
Hi all,

If there is already a thread about this, apologies but did do due diligence in searching.

I am trying to find out what the DL Sky Advisors program is all about...any Sky Advisors out there willing to explain? I cannot seem to find info about this program anywhere!

thanks!
Pardon my ignorance but I don't even know what a DL Sky Advisor is. I think it's the first I have heard of the term.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
My understanding is SA is managed by In Flight. I'd start your hunt by contacting someone in that department.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone care to enlighten me what this is?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
The more people try to hide this the more provoked I feel, I will find out what it is!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by fjord
The more people try to hide this the more provoked I feel, I will find out what it is!
Just knowing about it won't change anything.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skyco...tsky/otherways is where you sign up to talk to your sky advisor.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I saw a door with "Sky Advisors" on it at an airport yesterday.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Originally Posted by whatup12
... I am trying to find out what the DL Sky Advisors program is all about...any Sky Advisors out there willing to explain? I cannot seem to find info about this program anywhere! ...
Below is what I can share from DL's invitation into the program:
"Sky Advisors is an exclusive advisory board of valued customers, like you, that provide insight about their in-flight experiences on Delta. You will receive a personal invitation to join Sky Advisors in date. The invitation will provide details about the program, and upon acceptance of the invitation you will be provided a personal link to a survey exclusive to you."
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DP-340
[INDENT]"Sky Advisors is an exclusive advisory board of valued customers, like you, that provide insight about their in-flight experiences on Delta.
They could save an awful lot of effort and money by just mining Flyertalk for the same insights. But an exclusive selected group will feel more entitled, and will be more likely to tell DL what it want's to hear.

But if they really want to hear us share our deepest insights, they should select 100 flyertalkers, fly us to ATL one at a time, and have Deltalina interview us at length- we'll tell her everything.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They could save an awful lot of effort and money by just mining Flyertalk for the same insights. But an exclusive selected group will feel more entitled, and will be more likely to tell DL what it want's to hear.

But if they really want to hear us share our deepest insights, they should select 100 flyertalkers, fly us to ATL one at a time, and have Deltalina interview us at length- we'll tell her everything.
Great thought, but we're not representative of the typical customer: we know waaaaay to much and demand more than the average passenger. I have a feeling that on average, FT'ers are low-spend: high consumption.

From a service standpoint, we'd collectively be better than any consulting firm in spotting holes and inconsistencies, etc.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Seems that I first heard of the program last October when Sandy Gordon mentioned it during the executive sessions at the ATL DO.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They could save an awful lot of effort and money by just mining Flyertalk for the same insights. But an exclusive selected group will feel more entitled, and will be more likely to tell DL what it want's to hear. ...
I was with you in ATL when Sandy introduced the program, and invited FTers to participate. Hence, I expect there is probably a good number of us in the program.

BTW, I don't think they are hoping for a nice sounding board. Furthermore, if you read my posts you will notice that I am a DL critic that sends most of his $ to CO.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by DP-340
Below is what I can share from DL's invitation into the program:
"Sky Advisors is an exclusive advisory board of valued customers, like you, that provide insight about their in-flight experiences on Delta. You will receive a personal invitation to join Sky Advisors in date. The invitation will provide details about the program, and upon acceptance of the invitation you will be provided a personal link to a survey exclusive to you."
Bingo....we have a winner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.