Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
ok, i googled around a bit and found the answer on the $200 reimbursement, but still wondering about the companion ticket.
Glad you found it. For the benefit of others who may have the same question about the $200 reimbursement for certain travel expenses, here is a link...

https://www257.americanexpress.com/o...tsannouncement
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Read down the first column for the benefits. It lists the companion certificate...

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...p-reward-cards

The $200 reimbursement was started last year. Don't see it listed in the benefits but it is nice though there are some limitations. I'll post the link that explains it if I can find it on their site.
ok, what I saw on that page was pretty much what I had seen elsewhere. the companion ticket is only good for Int'l Business/First bookings. Don't see myself ponying up the cash for one of those any time soon, so that benefit doesn't do me much good, but the others do make the offer tempting...
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
I cannot for the life of me find any mention of the 50k MR points after $1,000 in spend referenced early in the thread. Does anyone see this on the amex site?

edit - found this

Last edited by benrules; Jan 22, 2011 at 6:09 pm
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
I read through the Terms and Conditions... Is there a maximum number of MR you can transfer? I was thinking about doing a 1 million MR to Delta if there wasn't any limit..
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I'd conservatively value 50k Amex MR at $1k. There are some amazing transfer values like roundtrip Upper Class Virgin Atlantic NY-LHR for 63,000 points when transferring to ANA. Amex sells points at 2.5 cents a point if you need more for an award.
I personally can't put a price on the value of being able to top up a number of my FF accounts instantly.
what is ANA? keep seeing it, cant figure out what it is
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by dan88
ANA = All Nippon Airways
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
ANA

Originally Posted by dan88
All Nippon Airways
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:22 pm

I currently have an AmEx Gold card that I am planning to close down in March, and a useless Delta AmEx card that I can close at any point. A couple of questions:

1) Can I get the Platinum without closing either of the above? I remember reading somewhere that one could only have up to two AmEx cards at any point.

2) In particular, can I open a Platinum card when I currently have the Gold? Should I close the Gold first? I don't know what AmEx's policy is on that.

3) Does it say anywhere when the Platinum promo will expire? I didn't see a date anywhere.

Advice is much appreciated!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
When does Silver status expire?

I have a question -

If I avail this promo and achieve silver status with Delta, when will this silver status expire?

Thanks,
Delta2010
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by phonehome
1) Can I get the Platinum without closing either of the above? I remember reading somewhere that one could only have up to two AmEx cards at any point.

2) In particular, can I open a Platinum card when I currently have the Gold? Should I close the Gold first? I don't know what AmEx's policy is on that.
I got the card today, and have two other AMEX credit cards. Rep told me that because this is a charge card it doesn't matter how many other AMEX credit cards you have. If you apply on-line you get an immediate ^ or . Also, only way to get the 50,000 bonus is to apply on line.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by phonehome
I currently have an AmEx Gold card that I am planning to close down in March, and a useless Delta AmEx card that I can close at any point. A couple of questions:

3) Does it say anywhere when the Platinum promo will expire? I didn't see a date anywhere.

Advice is much appreciated!

1 and 2) I have the Delta Gold Amex and a Blue Amex, and I was approved for the Platinum card instantly without closing either of the other two cards.

3) May 31, 2011 is the end of the activity period according to delta.com. I'm not sure when the last day to register is. It takes a few days to get your new card, spend $1k if you need the 50k MR, and transfer miles.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:03 am

Smile

Worked Great! put in 60K mr points... got 90K miles and 25K mqm's (instant SM) - I wonder if i made a mistake but not adding more for the 30% bonus? Does anyone know if I can still add more or was it a one time offer? tahanks again for the info....
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:11 am

Already have AMEX Plat - Eligible?

I have never done the DL transfer...

but, I already have an AMEX platinum (have had it since 1990) - do I have any options? cancel this one and get a new one? get another one?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:14 am

Thanks!! New to the site & saw this deal. I applied and was approved. Do I need to wait until I get the card to transfer & link the MR's, or can it be done prior to receiving the card? Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by Centurion Bound
Worked Great! put in 60K mr points... got 90K miles and 25K mqm's (instant SM) - I wonder if i made a mistake but not adding more for the 30% bonus? Does anyone know if I can still add more or was it a one time offer? tahanks again for the info....
90,000 is a 50% bonus on 60,000 .

From Delta's promotion T&Cs:

"Bonus Award Information:
Members will receive a 50% mileage bonus on miles transferred in a single transaction from the date you register through May 31, 2011."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.