Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
I'm sorry, can you explain that a little more. So, I sign up for this card, but it looks like it has 50000 Membership Rewards Points. Do I then transfer them to DL for 25000 RDM and 25000 MQM?

Thank you. I'm new to the whole AmEx thing.
FIRST! FIRST! FIRST!

http://dmn.delta.com/offers/getmore/

https://dmn.delta.com/cgi-bin/viewpromo.pro

Then yes get the card.

http://track.linkoffers.net/z.asp?ID...000031151S9999

Then link your DELTA account to MR. MR let's you "advance" 50k right away btw. So, send over the 50k, net out 75k + get 25k MQM on top of that. Then spend $1000 and earn the 50k bonus (to pay back the 50k you advanced!)

Mint coins are here BTW:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...category=16238

ENJOY!

Last edited by Renes Points; Jan 21, 2011 at 7:50 pm
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
FIRST! FIRST! FIRST!

http://dmn.delta.com/offers/getmore/

https://dmn.delta.com/cgi-bin/viewpromo.pro

Then yes get the card.

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...utI6v6Hwd*Ff*g

Then link your DELTA account to MR. MR let's you "advance" 50k right away btw. So, send over the 50k, net out 75k + get 25k MQM on top of that. Then spend $1000 and earn the 50k bonus (to pay back the 50k you advanced!)

Mint coins are here BTW:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...category=16238

ENJOY!
Thank you so much for the step by step. I am going to do this. I like the mint coins, too. Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
w00t. Great opportunity. Looks like American Express' website is down. They cannot take my Platinum application right now because the server is down or something
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-1P, HH-D, SPG-Plat
What am I missing?

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Then yes get the card.

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...utI6v6Hwd*Ff*g

In the description for the card at the end of that link I see nothing about earning 50,000 MR for spending $1,000.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by capercan
In the description for the card at the end of that link I see nothing about earning 50,000 MR for spending $1,000.
you could use this link - http://thepointsguy.com/2011/01/amer...sign-up-bonus/
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by capercan
I have checked with RICK and the correct and 100% working link is:

Please use it so INGY can get credit!

Last edited by Renes Points; Jan 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Quick question. I actually did this promotion last year, so I can't do it. But I want to register a friend and then transfer my MR points into his SkyMiles account? Will they allow me to do this?

He doesn't have status, but I fly with him a ton, so it's basically like "gifting" silver. It would also keep me from getting pulled all the way down in terms of upgrades when we fly together. (I know, w/o splitting the ticker) Any thoughts?
Not easily. Amex will only let you transfer to SM accounts that have names that match cardholders on your account.

To even make the transfer, you would need to have Amex issue a card in his/her name under your credit account. (you might be willing to do this, and you would never have to even give him/her the actual card...but this could create a difficult situation in the future.)

I'm debating whether to try a transfer to my wife's SM account. I did the transfer to my account last year successfully...getting the bonus mqms. I suspect the bonus is determined in DLs system, so we would probably get it if it were a first time transfer to my wife's account. Hmmm
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
Can someone verify that deltagold's link gives 50,000 points? There's no mention of the 50,000 after the first $1000 in 3 months in the conditions and the Bonus ID is different than the points guy link that explicitly states the 50,000 points. Amex is known to run concurrent promos and often fails to link the right promo to your card.

Points guy link:Bonus ID 4986 and 4880
Deltagoldflyer link: Bonus ID 4880

I just want to confirm that both will get you the 50K points.

Last edited by infradig; Jan 22, 2011 at 2:37 am
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:40 am

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Not easily. Amex will only let you transfer to SM accounts that have names that match cardholders on your account.

To even make the transfer, you would need to have Amex issue a card in his/her name under your credit account. (you might be willing to do this, and you would never have to even give him/her the actual card...but this could create a difficult situation in the future.)

I'm debating whether to try a transfer to my wife's SM account. I did the transfer to my account last year successfully...getting the bonus mqms. I suspect the bonus is determined in DLs system, so we would probably get it if it were a first time transfer to my wife's account. Hmmm
Just link the skymiles account to your MR account online and do the transfer. It may take a couple of days for the accounts to link but it shouldn't be an issue.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by infradig
Can someone verify that deltagold's link gives 50,000 points? There's no mention of the 50,000 after the first $1000 in 3 months in the conditions and the Bonus ID is different than the points guy link that explicitly states the 50,000 points. Amex is known to run concurrent promos and often fails to link the right promo to your card.

Points guy link:Bonus ID 4986 and 4880
Deltagoldflyer link: Bonus ID 4880

I just want to confirm that both will get you the 50K points.
If you love all INGY aka RICK does for us use this one:

OR go to RICKS blog and he has the links there:

http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
Originally Posted by NYBanker

That's not true. I have two SM accounts linked with my sister's Amex and she regularly transfers her rewards points to these accounts, as needed. Neither of the two people are cardholders in her account, or have any family relationship to her.

Go at the membership rewards tab and link your friend's SM number to your Amex account. Then transfer the points.

Last edited by Alexflyer; Jan 22, 2011 at 5:40 am
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
upgrade to this card?

Hi

I need some help here!

I already have the AMEX Premier Rewards Card (went for the 25k promo last year). Following the link from ingy's site gets me to a screen where it asks me to upgrade to this Platinum Card (even without changing my current card number!). I see no reference to all the benefits (mainly the 50k MR points for $1k spend, $200 off in fees, etc.). I am now wondering if this applies to ones who upgrade vs the ones who get this card for the first time. Or is it that you can only have one MR earning card at one time??

Still learning this MR thing...My Premier Rewards card is nearing the date when the annual fee is due so it will be canceled. If the MR points earned for that card have not been transferred out will I lose them IF I get this new Platinum card before I cancel the Premier Rewards card??

Questions, questions...Asking the FT experts, they know more than you do^
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I already have the AMEX Premier Rewards Card (went for the 25k promo last year). Following the link from ingy's site gets me to a screen where it asks me to upgrade to this Platinum Card (even without changing my current card number!). I see no reference to all the benefits (mainly the 50k MR points for $1k spend, $200 off in fees, etc.). I am now wondering if this applies to ones who upgrade vs the ones who get this card for the first time. Or is it that you can only have one MR earning card at one time??

Still learning this MR thing...My Premier Rewards card is nearing the date when the annual fee is due so it will be canceled. If the MR points earned for that card have not been transferred out will I lose them IF I get this new Platinum card before I cancel the Premier Rewards card??
I'm not as familiar with the Premier Rewards card, but I've had the Platinum card for a while now.

First: If you upgrade, your membership rewards account will go with you. My cards are all connected to my business and we have a regular Amex MR Credit Card and I have a Platinum card as well. Both are on the same MR account.

Second: The Platinum card is very different than most other Amex cards. One, it will cost you $450/year. But with that you will get airport lounge access with AA, DL, and US. Second, there's a ton of other business and travel related benefits. Third, the Platinum card will advance you up to 60k MR points. Third, this is a charge card, not a credit card. Unless you ask and qualify, all charges must be paid off every billing cycle. (I'm not sure if the Premier Rewards card works this way)

Third: Call AMEX and ask about the bonus. Usually the bonus promotions are for *first time* or new MR cardmembers. The Platinum card has a concierge number, I'm sure the Gold card has something as well. They are usually pretty good at explaining these things.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:47 am

This is a good deal. Does anyone know about how long it takes to get the card after applying?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
It appears as if this thread has ventured a little off topic, but anyway the back to the Original Topic, I registered yesterday for the 50% Bonus and 25K MQM's, transferred the points last night, and the miles, the bonus miles, and the MQM's all posted to my Skymiles account this morning.... Just an FYI. Thanks Delta I missed last years, but this will make me a lock of PM this year!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.