Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by Delta2010
I just transfered 50k MR points over the phone to my skymiles account. I got bonus of 40k miles totaling 90k RDM miles and 25k MQM. I am also signed up for other ongoing offer which provides 30% additional bonus miles for MR transfer. I guess if you add them up, it makes up 80% and thats what I got!

Cheers and good luck!
Wow! I just signed up for the 30% bonus too. So in the end this is what you get for $450 card fee if you are a first-time platinum card holder:

1) 90,000 redeamable Skymiles for a $1,000 spend by March 31, 2011
2) 25,000 MQMs which appear to post almost immediately upon transfer of MR points to Delta
3) $200 of ticket change fees, standby fees, in-flight food, entertainment, etc. on an airline of your choice
4) Annual pass to AA, DL, CO, and US lounges (no ticket required for US lounges!) + family or two companion access.

Fine print at Delta says that you will be charged $0.0006 per MR point transferred, and so this could add another $54 to the cost if they charge it on the whole 90,000 rather than on the 50,000 transferred.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by idlebrain
Its clearly mentioned over there:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...319-0/0/0/0/n/

50K MR bonus points after spending $1k in 3 months.

Does anyone know what could be the minimum FICO/credit karma score to get this approved? thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
Thank you all

One of the links provided actually worked and I got approved in seconds. I did have to change computers, per a comment here, as i had been in my other Amex account on the first one, and it would automatically redirect my to a different offer.
Again, thank you all!,,
J
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by fngolddlgm
I already have Delta Reserve card from Amex, so I'm thinking about getting the AMEX Plat Card for my wife. That way she can get into Skyclubs when not traveling with me (I can already get in using the DL Reserve Card). Here's the question, though. If she gets the Amex Plat Card in her name, can she link the card to my Skymiles account and transfer the 50,000 points to me, so I end up with 75,000 skypesos (50k plus the bonus 25k) in my Skymiles account? And if so, will I get the 25,000 MQMs as the transferee, or would she get them as the transferor?
She can transfer to you and as long as you are signed up for the promo (and accepted) and never had an Amex transfer, you will get the MQMs and 50%. I also recommend signing up for the 30% bonus as well, since it seems like people are getting both, which is insanely lucrative.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To the ones who got both bonuses, which one did you sign up for first? I wonder if this matters. Or maybe I should not push it...your thoughts?

Or maybe I should call in to find out
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Likewise Concerned

Originally Posted by gpapadop
To the ones who got both bonuses, which one did you sign up for first? I wonder if this matters. Or maybe I should not push it...your thoughts?

I don't think calling is a good idea

I had signed up for the 30% well before the 50%

I have been worried about the 30% screwing up the 50%

Both would be nice but clearly the 2nd offer is much better

I couldn't find a way to cancel the 30% so I am thinking it

might be better to wait til it expires 3-31-11
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:01 pm

I am in dilemma now. I registered for 50% promotion and its showng in my account on delta. Not sure whether to avail the additional 30% too..hmm...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I also have registered for the 50%/EQM promo. I am going to go by the "pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered" motto and avoid registering for the 30% promo just to avoid unpleasant consequences. Congrats to the ones who got both and hope you keep them.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:36 pm

Should have waited...

Just signed up for the 50K offer earlier this month and advanced the points to get a ticket to Europe this summer. Called (a few times) to see if I could get this applied retroactively, but no dice. Oh well.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by gpapadop

I got both bonuses so I guess I can answer this question. I had signed up for 30% bonus before I signed up for 50% however I really think it doesnot matter which order one signs up. When I look at my Skymiles account, the 40k bonus clearly show that 25k of it is from 50% offer while 15k is from 30% offer.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
I have been worried about the 30% screwing up the 50%

Both would be nice but clearly the 2nd offer is much better

I couldn't find a way to cancel the 30% so I am thinking it

might be better to wait til it expires 3-31-11
Dont worry about it. I was in the same situation as you. I got both bonuses. Go ahead and trasnfer NOW. If you still decide to wait, you will just loose extra 15k bonus miles which you would have otherwise got...

Cheers!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:57 pm

I can confirm that both promotions were accepted into my wife's skymiles account.

I just registered for the 30% first and then the 50%. After I registered for the 50% it even provided a link telling me to register for the 30% bonus.

See below:

ENJOY YOUR MILEAGE BONUS
TRANSFER POINTS NOW TO EARN A 50% MILEAGE
BONUS AND MEDALLION STATUS.

Please print this page for your records.
If you transfer 50,000 points or more, you'll also receive 25,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). That's enough to give you Medallion status and benefits like waived baggage fees, unlimited upgrades, preferred seating, and more.

And if you make additional Membership Rewards® points transfers through March 31, 2011, register here to receive a 30% bonus on those transfers.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
So, my big question is, if I'm already Silver and will be flying enough meet the requirements easily for Silver again this year, is this a good use of Amex MR points? Obviously, it will bring me to Gold but with the other opportunities for those points, would you use them this way?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
She can transfer to you and as long as you are signed up for the promo (and accepted) and never had an Amex transfer, you will get the MQMs and 50%. I also recommend signing up for the 30% bonus as well, since it seems like people are getting both, which is insanely lucrative.
As an update I just called the DELTA promotions desk (800-325-1447) and talked to 'Roxann" and told her this:

1. I did the last 25k mqm promotion.
2. I CAN NOT register with current one with DELTA
3. My wife has NEVER had a MR card or transferred MR points
4. My wife IS registered for new promotion and shows in Skymiles list

Question: can she add me at her MR with my Skymiles number and send ME the points and do I get the points and the MQM's?

Answer: YES even though I got the MQM last time I can get them again due to this setup.

I am going to try it and let you all know what happens!^
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
As an update I just called the DELTA promotions desk (800-325-1447) and talked to 'Roxann" and told her this:

1. I did the last 25k mqm promotion.
2. I CAN NOT register with current one with DELTA
3. My wife has NEVER had a MR card or transferred MR points
4. My wife IS registered for new promotion and shows in Skymiles list

Question: can she add me at her MR with my Skymiles number and send ME the points and do I get the points and the MQM's?

Answer: YES even though I got the MQM last time I can get them again due to this setup.

I am going to try it and let you all know what happens!
Interesting solution. Let us know how it goes.
What I don't get is how you can get the MQMs if your Skymiles account isn't registered for the promotion?? The promotion is very clear that if you've done this before you can't register this time around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.