Is it possible to get receipts of past flights?

Subscribe
I changed computers this year and I lost about half of my flight receipts. Is it possible for Delta to email me these?
You can get your flight history on-line by logging into your skymiles account. However, this does not have information about how much you paid, if that is what you need.
Quote: You can get your flight history on-line by logging into your skymiles account. However, this does not have information about how much you paid, if that is what you need.
Also, if you have a DL Amex card, americanexpress.com gives pretty detailed info on tickets purchased. Go to your account statement.

BTW, I hope the old hard drive was completely wiped clean. I heard a radio story on the used hard drive market in Pakistan; recycled computers are shipped there for disassembly, and it's amazing how many hard drives contain useful financial information. (the researcher interviewed told of buying drives a couple years ago with intact IMF and child protective services data).
Quote:
Ticket copies and receipts

Requests for a copy of a past date ticket or flight coupon will be processed within 10 days of receipt. Please include the following information:

* Passenger name
* Ticket number (if unknown see below)
* Date and place of issue
* $20.00 USD check or money order for each copy of a ticket, ticket coupon or ET receipt requested. Make checks payable to Delta Air Lines.
* Passenger signature or credit card holder signature required on the request
* Requests without proper signatures will be denied.
* If the ticket number is not known, please provide the following in lieu of ticket number:
1. Form of payment for (flight coupon or ticket copy only)
2. Flight number(s) and travel date(s)
3. Origin and destination for flight numbers/segments
4. $20.00 USD check or money order for each copy of a ticket, ticket coupon or ET receipt requested. Make checks payable to Delta Air Lines.
5. Passenger signature or credit card holder signature required on the request

Send this information by mail to:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Statistics and Records
P.O. Box 20519
Department 819
Atlanta, GA 30320-2519
http://www.delta.com/help/contact_us...ex.jsp#refunds
I've always had really good luck just calling Delta customer service and asking them to email me the prior receipts. Have either your confirmation numbers - or dates of travel handy.
Quote: I changed computers this year and I lost about half of my flight receipts. Is it possible for Delta to email me these?
Not that this helps with your present problem, but...

A few years back, I had a similar experience after my home was broken into and my laptop stolen. (And, I found out, my back-up wasn't working for a few months. The computer said the back-up was happening, but it wasn't.) Since then, I have a copies of my travel receipts emailed to my Yahoo! mail account so that it housed somewhere other than my hard drive.
Quote: I've always had really good luck just calling Delta customer service and asking them to email me the prior receipts. Have either your confirmation numbers - or dates of travel handy.
I am fairly certain that confirmation numbers recycle, so best would be the ticket number, else dates etc.
Quote: I've always had really good luck just calling Delta customer service and asking them to email me the prior receipts. Have either your confirmation numbers - or dates of travel handy.
I tried this last week for flights taken over the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend. I had confirmation numbers and ticket numbers handy but was told that the information had been archived and could not be accessed. The CSR said there was nothing she could do. I called again and spoke to someone else who gave a similar response. YMMV.
Quote: I tried this last week for flights taken over the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend. I had confirmation numbers and ticket numbers handy but was told that the information had been archived and could not be accessed. The CSR said there was nothing she could do. I called again and spoke to someone else who gave a similar response. YMMV.
I needed a receipt/itinerary to file a lost item insurance claim with Amex. Called SMS and they emailed me my intinerary (like you get as an email receipt when buying online). Had it before I could even say thank you go the agent.

Perhaps they archive at the end of each month or daily with a 30-day window. Anyone have info/facts on this?