Wiki Posts
Search

IND - MSP - SFO help today (Jan 4, 11)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
IND - MSP - SFO help today (Jan 4, 11)

I'm sitting at IND waiting for my flight to MSP to then connect to SFO. Turns out the IND - MSP flight is delayed, leaving only 35 minutes to get from B to F in MSP. I've read the tips about "hiring" a cart driver to take me and would plan on doing just that. So the question is should I count on making it and risk having to change flights at MSP if I don't make the flight OR should I just change my flight out of MSP to SFO now while I'm waiting at IND? Not sure which would be best.

Appreciate any help!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:25 am

My experience in MSP is that 35 minutes is doable, especially if you are sitting closer to the exit. MSP does have some moving sidewalks and flows pretty well. If you do not make it DL will rebook you. I do not think they will allow you to change based on the short connection with out a change fee. Sorry.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: Some
35 minutes is not a lot of time but should be plenty for you to make it from B to F. I always find MSP fairly easy to transit. You won't be able to hail a cart in B - you'll have to get to the high C gates before you can pick up a cart; in fact, you may find 2 or 4 there.

You'll also find that, if you want a cart, the drivers tend to be more enthusiastic if you have, let's say, a "tip" in hand.

DL should take care of you if you do miss your flight, but 35 minutes will be plenty. I wouldn't be too worried - unless your IND-MSP flight is further delayed.

Last edited by mudbug31; Jan 4, 2011 at 7:41 am Reason: poor grammar
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Currently the flight is due into B12 at 11:04 and scheduled to depart from F10 at 11:50, which should be no problem unless you need to board the SFO flight early. Offering a tip to an electric cart and asking to go nonstop to your gate immediately is a good plan. Otherwise, I would suggest taking the route (take the escalator or elevator up about 3/4 of a floor just before the SC) at the back of the parking garage from the high C gates to the high G gates and then walking the length of the G concourse to get to the start of the F concourse. This has moving walkways between C and G and then the entire length of G. The alternative of taking the little tram the length of C and then walking up the hill and across the main commercial airport mall to the start of F can be more crowded and hence require more time.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mudbug31
DL should take care of you if you do miss your flight, but 35 minutes will be plenty. I wouldn't be too worried - unless your IND-MSP flight is further delayed.
Exactly--35 minutes is plenty, if IND-MSP doesn't get further delayed. My concern would be that IND-MSP keeps slipping. Is the plane there at the gate right now? Or is it more of a "we think it'll be 35 minutes but who really knows?" situation. If the latter, I'd try to switch.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Exactly--35 minutes is plenty, if IND-MSP doesn't get further delayed. My concern would be that IND-MSP keeps slipping. Is the plane there at the gate right now? Or is it more of a "we think it'll be 35 minutes but who really knows?" situation. If the latter, I'd try to switch.
Flight status shows that it's boarding now, but it obviously didn't leave at 10:04 am. If they leave pretty soon, the connection still shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately the OP picked a Pinnacle RJ despite a bunch of mainline nonstops IND-MSP being available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.