Disconnect between DL and KL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:07 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Disconnect between DL and KL

Earlier today I booked a KL coded, DL operated flight AMS-MSP with inbound connection in AMS and an onward connection in MSP. When messing around with my reservation I noticed that the Delta flight schedule had the flight departing 15 minutes earlier than my KL marketed flight. I assume that the DL flight schedule is correct and that KL hasn't recognized the schedule change for some reason. That 15 minutes makes my connection in AMS illegal so I called to see about getting rebooked.

I spent a good 35 minutes on the phone with the DM line trying to get it sorted out but it wasn't showing as a schedule change because of the disconnect in data between DL and KL. The DM agent saw what I was meaning and offered to waive change fees for me but seemed to want to reprice the new itinerary. Any change to the routing resulted in a higher fare. Is it best to wait until the schedule change is recognized in My Trips before attempting to get this fixed? Any idea when KL might recognize DL's updated schedule?

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How soon is your trip?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:11 am
Suspended

DL and KE

Another example of an increasing disconnect.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:48 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
How soon is your trip?
Trip is not until October so quite some time. I just like to be proactive.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:50 am

IME codeshare flights can lag behind schedule changes by a few days. Most agents are familiar with this and will help out, someone might have just been confused, depending on when the flight is you can wait till the KL flight number catches up and call or you can just call and get a different agent.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kop84
IME codeshare flights can lag behind schedule changes by a few days. Most agents are familiar with this and will help out, someone might have just been confused, depending on when the flight is you can wait till the KL flight number catches up and call or you can just call and get a different agent.
I might wait since it is quite a while until departure. I just thought of something though - this essentially bought me free fare insurance. I didn't think it was an outstanding fare but it was acceptable. If the fare drops before I make the adjustment to the schedule I can get a refund and re-purchase at the lower fare. Maybe it is worth holding out for a bit.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:57 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Personally, I would wait at least til Sunday or Monday. DL's system seems to update "stuff" on Saturdays. If you wait too long, like I've done before, and the system detects the illegal connection, it may may the change for you to something you're not happy with, and depending on what the autorebooker gives you, you may have trouble changing it - although, I've always found the phone agents to be pretty accommodating.

Last edited by davetravels; Jun 10, 2014 at 8:23 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.