Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Benefits Selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Did you write SkyMiles and state your dissatisfaction?
not yet. sometimes i get the distinct impression, whenever i need something fixed, that i am not a high enough roller in their pond of Medallion members to get a proper answer. they dont read the emails and give canned answers that don't actually address the topic. oh wait, everyone already knows this.

after reading this thread, i wonder if i have any of their previous emails about medallion benefits stashed in my email account/s. especially the part where they talk about being able to choose benefits for the year you MADE status and the following year.

will be digging through the files to hopefully find some of their own words to put into a letter to them. it just annoys me to no end the hoops i seem to have had to jump through just to "enjoy" status with them since the merger.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Thanks.

There is a thread in the Starwood forum about Platinums being "double charged" when it comes to resort fees (i.e., resort fees include things that are part of the Platinum benefit).

Folks in that forum aggressively wrote to Starwood to complain and, finally, SPG came to their senses.

As far as I am concerned, this is far from over. But, we need to write Delta and let our feelings be known.

Thank you!!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Thanks.

There is a thread in the Starwood forum about Platinums being "double charged" when it comes to resort fees (i.e., resort fees include things that are part of the Platinum benefit).

Folks in that forum aggressively wrote to Starwood to complain and, finally, SPG came to their senses.

As far as I am concerned, this is far from over. But, we need to write Delta and let our feelings be known.

Thank you!!
sadly i cannot find any "evidence" in my emails. i was hoping to find the wording i remember seeing some time ago. i am disappointed that my packrat ways failed me.

what happens to those who are already PM, and then re-earn it? i know there are some on here that have been PM for years. so in theory, there is now no significance in trying to earn status earlier in the year b/c you won't get anything extra.

will have to work on a properly word a letter to DL.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat.
Well, in an infuriating twist of events, it looks like I (and hopefully others) will be given two rounds of Choice Benefits after all. I e-mailed DL a copy of their previous email (one in a round of about six exchanges between me and Delta, all of which produced a variety of contradictory information) and I received a brief note back stating that, after all, "Nothing had changed" and I would, indeed, receive one set of (2) choices now and another set of (2) choices at the start of the new Skymiles Medallion year (end of Feb/beginning of March). I will save that e-mail as well, because no doubt I will need to fight for that second round of choices come 2011. And so it goes. . .
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by BenA
Have I posted to say this is lame in this thread yet? Looks like I haven't. This is lame. Especially since my last flight to hit Diamond was on December 10.

I don't mind the policy in principle; I mind that it wasn't communicated at all and that I made the decision to bump over the threshold to Diamond in large part because I was expecting to get 2010 benefit selections.

For the folks from Delta who are inevitably reading this and wondering if me saying that is just hyperbole from some cranky dude on the internets, it's not - you should go check out this thread from October: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...uestion-2.html The last post in that thread is why I decided to book another trip and go for diamond status (in the process committing to an extra 50k of flying next year) - getting the 2010 benefit actually changed the value equation enough for Diamond to become worthwhile for me.

Delta should really do the right thing here, much as they did (eventually) the last time we had forum drama over choice benefits. Go ahead and put the Dec 10 policy in place for next year, but be explicit about it in the program rules so we can plan accordingly.
+2. I qualified on Dec 12
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
Originally Posted by intransition
Well, in an infuriating twist of events, it looks like I (and hopefully others) will be given two rounds of Choice Benefits after all. I e-mailed DL a copy of their previous email (one in a round of about six exchanges between me and Delta, all of which produced a variety of contradictory information) and I received a brief note back stating that, after all, "Nothing had changed" and I would, indeed, receive one set of (2) choices now and another set of (2) choices at the start of the new Skymiles Medallion year (end of Feb/beginning of March). I will save that e-mail as well, because no doubt I will need to fight for that second round of choices come 2011. And so it goes. . .
Could you give us the name of the rep who sent you this e-mail and the wording that says you will get both choices? I have sent Skymiles e-mails, but have had no response to my replies to their replies since 12-15. It sounds as if you at least found someone who would answer...
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
Just counted up what happened when, and frustratingly, it looks as if, had my promo miles posted correctly, I would have qualified on 12-9. I didn't know there was any hurry about contacting marketing... Sigh. Of course, had I but known, even if I were a few hundred short, I had a couple of AS flights that I could have credited.... on the other hand, I guess the whole point of this thread is "had I but known..." Delta could try to blame their lack of communication on Mercury retrograde; half my acquaintances are using that one right now.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by irish2016
Went from GM to PM on Dec 11, and not getting the 2010 choice like others...

I just spoke with the premium service line, and after waiting for a few minutes while the agent checked, was told that qualification in one year (2010) makes you eligible for selection in the following year of status (2011). I am going to keep pursuing, as this appears inconsistent with others who qualified Dec 8 and earlier (and Delta's T&Cs).
I have been Platinum for 3 years running, but haven't requalified for Platinum yet this year (but expect to soon). I also have not selected my choice benefit for 2010 as of yet (I don't think I've ever received two Platinum benefits for one year which I guess is a Diamond only phenomenon; also I completely blew off the highly priced SWUs Delta offered). So this will be my first Platinum benefit (other than the Tiffany gift they offered before.) My question:

Has anyone requalifying for Platinum recently who did not yet choose their 2010 choice benefit lose it after going over the 75 MQM mark for this year?
I am wondering if I am in danger of losing my 2010 Choice if I wait until after I requalify for Platinum this year.

Last edited by GrizShel; Dec 18, 2010 at 8:31 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:16 am
Suspended

I wish we could combine the two concurrent threads talking about the exact same subject. I wonder why the moderators haven't combined these threads.

Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You get to choose all 4 at once if you want. On the choice benefit site you can make your 2010 choices, then after you can make your 2011 choices so you wouldn't have to wait until March like you stated unles you wanted to....the only one that makes sense to wait on selecting is the SWUs.....everything else I would select right away. You gift someone Gold and it will be good from now until Feb 29, 2012, you wait until March and it would be the same.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I have been Platinum for 3 years running, but haven't requalified for Platinum yet this year (but expect to soon). I also have not selected my choice benefit for 2010 as of yet (I don't think I've ever received two Platinum benefits for one year which I guess is a Diamond only phenomenon; also I completely blew off the highly priced SWUs Delta offered). So this will be my first Platinum benefit (other than the Tiffany gift they offered before.) My question:

Has anyone requalifying for Platinum recently who did not yet choose their 2010 choice benefit lose it after going over the 75 MQM mark for this year?
I am wondering if I am in danger of losing my 2010 Choice if I wait until after I requalify for Platinum this year.
From the DL SM website Choice benefits T&C: "Choice Benefits selections for 2010 status need to be made by February 28, 2011; selections for 2011 status need to be made by February 29, 2012."
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by NW Mourning
Could you give us the name of the rep who sent you this e-mail and the wording that says you will get both choices? I have sent Skymiles e-mails, but have had no response to my replies to their replies since 12-15. It sounds as if you at least found someone who would answer...
I am happy to paste the e-mail I received below (minus the names). As to your not hearing back from your replies, my experience with DL is that if you simply reply to their reply, something in their IT system prevents them from receiving this (or they just choose to ignore it). My workaround has always been to cut and paste the entire e-mail exchange(s) into a new question via the e-mail link on the DL website. This always generates a response. Silly that we have to do this, but many things are silly about Delta. Anyway, here is the e-mail:

Dear Intransition

Thank you for your message via delta.com. We are grateful for you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

The e-mail you received from XXXXXX is absolutely correct and nothing has changed. We apologize for the confusion.
You will be able to make a selection now (2 choice benefits) which will last until February of 2011 and make another one at that time (anytime after that) which will last until February 2012.

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:34 am

[QUOTE=intransition;15480180]I am happy to paste the e-mail I received below (minus the names).

Thanks very much for this. I too cut and paste. I have now had several responses some of which ignore the question entirely. I'm quite tired of all this and I am about to give up. When I compare the treatment we get in my household from US and AF, both not known for excellence in customer service, they are far easier to deal with than is DL. AA is a dream compared to the others.

Now I must decide if I'm prepared to deal with all this for yet another year. ST is quite convenient for me, especially with GOL and TAAG in the alliance now, but the frustration is getting to me.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:56 am
Suspended

I'm quite tired of all this and I am about to give up.
I am not giving up.

I want the second Elite Choice benefit but would settle for Delta allowing me to carry forward my EQMs and downgrading me to Gold (and giving me a few RDM for my troubles).

It is their screw-up, why should we suffer? Who ever heard of allowing an elite benefit from January 1 to December 9 of a given year and then arbitrarily changing the rules that late in the year and with NO notice? I mean, c'mon.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
Add Me To The Delta Grinch List

I just made Diamond Medallion today and happened to see this thread yesterday. Back in the summer I had two Choice awards for making Platinum, only the 2011 awards are appearing now on the selection. To be honest, I was surprised back in the summer when I had both options for Platinum, but to take this away mid-stream is unacceptable. The T&C's clearly state 2010 and 2011. I will be sending an email shortly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.