Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I just used my companion certificate that was going to expire March 31 for MSP-BOS in early February. Interestingly enough, I checked on a later February itinerary first. No go on any thing there, because there were no fares available in U, T or L. On a whim I asked her to check earlier in the month and found 2 seats. $615, not bad.

I did have to go to the Promotions desk to get it booked.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hi all. I've updated posts 1/2 with the latest info I have. Please post any additional changes that need to be made. Again, for any discussions on specific itineraries please put those in the discussion thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...on-thread.html
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Please post any additional changes that need to be made.
Under ME, YQ should be yes. Also, I believe the fare class for business awards is O instead of (or in addition to?) R.

Originally Posted by lamont2718
I just booked an award flight on ME in business. A few things worth noting:

Fare class: Business ("Cedar Class") is appearing as O on my reservation, not R.
Booking method: You do have to call DL to book ME flights (not searchable online), but the process went smoothly -- no long sell required.
YQ: ME did charge me YQ. It came out to USD $90.00 for BEY-LHR.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Hi all. I've updated posts 1/2 with the latest info I have. Please post any additional changes that need to be made. Again, for any discussions on specific itineraries please put those in the discussion thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...on-thread.html
In post 2, the SO/OJ section needs to be updated as they are no longer allowed.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by gooselee
In post 2, the SO/OJ section needs to be updated as they are no longer allowed.
You can still open-jaw, and you can now newly double-open-jaw, by definition under a one-way award pricing scheme.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by colerc
You can still open-jaw, and you can now newly double-open-jaw, by definition under a one-way award pricing scheme.
Ah, yes. Poor wording on my part. I was specifically talking about the SO changes covered within the joint SO/OJ section.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Fixed, thanks for the updates. Taking out the SO advice....so sad...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Folks, now that the award charts are gone, do low level partner award still pricing out like they would on the old award charts? Or are partner award prices all over the place like delta flights. I'm trying to figure out if I should just throw in the towel and spend the rest of my skypesos on pay with points...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Angry

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Folks, now that the award charts are gone, do low level partner award still pricing out like they would on the old award charts? Or are partner award prices all over the place like delta flights. I'm trying to figure out if I should just throw in the towel and spend the rest of my skypesos on pay with points...

Skypesos is giving this program more credit than it deserves. It should be called SkyAngstroms now!!!!!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I still see some flights NA to Asia on KE for 70k skypesos in business. Don't know about saver availability with other partners.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:41 am

Well, I have my bachelor party coming up in May during Memorial Day weekend. I'm trying to fly 5/22-5/25 out of CVG, I'd like to arrive to LAS sometime before/near noon and be back 5/25 late evening.

No availability in L, U, T, X, V shown on morning flights, and only available 5/25 flights arrive next morning

I'll defer to the more experienced here, do you think I should wait to book hoping for availability? Or just ditch the companion ticket plan, and buy a-la-carte... I'm considering using my companion ticket elsewhere.

Thanks for tips!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ngsm13
Well, I have my bachelor party coming up in May during Memorial Day weekend. I'm trying to fly 5/22-5/25 out of CVG, I'd like to arrive to LAS sometime before/near noon and be back 5/25 late evening.

No availability in L, U, T, X, V shown on morning flights, and only available 5/25 flights arrive next morning

I'll defer to the more experienced here, do you think I should wait to book hoping for availability? Or just ditch the companion ticket plan, and buy a-la-carte... I'm considering using my companion ticket elsewhere.

Thanks for tips!
IMHO the key points here are not the lack of availability of companion seating but that it is the Memorial Day weekend and you want to go to LAS!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
IMHO the key points here are not the lack of availability of companion seating but that it is the Memorial Day weekend and you want to go to LAS!
Indeed. I should have booked way out, I'm thinking I missed my opportunity. Chances of fairs being redistributed into L,U,T,X,V are probably slim and none ...

So, I'm considering bailing on the companion ticket for Vegas, use it elsewhere, and just booking my own flights.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Have you been successful with the AMEX Delta Companion certificate?

Success here. Just booked Boston to Fort Lauderdale in December for a cruise. Two first class tickets with the Reserve certificate was 675.00 all in. Hard to beat that. I'm very happy.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by ngsm13

Thanks for tips!
I'll say it......
The key issue is the Vegas Bachelor Party. There are many better places to go for a weekend. Unless you're crazy into gambling or really wanna drop thousands of dollars on bottle service and strippers, go to Austin or Nashville Or leave the country for Panama City, Montreal or Reykjavik.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.